Tracks Bathurst 2017 [WIP]

I think it’s less about the V8 engine and more the fact that it’s salon cars with no electronics. They are very raw cars really, don’t think changing what’s powering them will make much of a difference

I don't know, as a spectacle think how much F1 has deteriorated going to the little turbo V6s.

I think the sound is a bigger part of it than you might think. I know from experience a single V10 F1 car going past did more to excite and raise the hairs on my neck than an entire grid of the V6s going past :(

I don't know, as a spectacle think how much F1 has deteriorated going to the little turbo V6s.

I think the sound is a bigger part of it than you might think. I know from experience a single V10 F1 car going past did more to excite and raise the hairs on my neck than an entire grid of the V6s going past :(

Very true for F1. Don’t think the change is that drastic for the V8’s. They should still be just as loud hopefully. We will see I guess though

TBH I haven't found F1 interesting to watch since the mid 90s, anyways. It's mostly just boring parades at this point. V10 sound isn't going to fix that.

Cheers, unfortunately no time to work on it recently due to the day job and a healthy appetite for womanising and beers on the weekend.:D

A few people are asking via PM how I generated the landscape mesh, It's called SplineLand ......all self explanatory, you just need spline contours generated from the LIDAR mesh to work with.

I just used a Contour Generator script to try it out, seems to work ok with a spline every 10m, but more accurate contours from GIS / CAD packages will no doubt give a better result and more optimised topology.

Quite a nifty plugin, you can cut out the track using splines generated from the track edge, all with very neat topo and graduated density. Manually optimising LIDAR looks a right royal pain in the ass to do, SplineLand is just a few mouse clicks and a short wait.

Plenty of tuts on PooTube, you can generate contours using a Spline Section but the script is much quicker.

I have made some progress with Bathurst but just no time to make previews, I'm also resisting the urge to post screenshots every time I move a vertex ..best to wait for substantial changes.;)

Last edited:
im pretty late to the AC party, only had it a year or so and only today came across this thread.... its pretty exciting to know this is coming, regardless of what you race there its just such a awesome track.... you should think about how you could make this a paid download somehow, either way i cant wait to throw money at you.... thank you for working on a total scratch build that will be accurate as iRacing has ruined every others sim version of Bathurst for me lol. all the best with this, looking forward so much to it. can i put my hand up for a beta tester :) :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

OP is currently hunting down women rather then votexes, he said. Such change of priorization, specially toward the opposite sex, is often seen in young men:D.
However, we should not despair, for this is only temporary, and will blow over,...in 10 or 20 years:redface:

Damn you girls... :D Never helps for modding (unless you'd make money from it though).

Probably the fact that terra and Lloyd executed Forza rip also didn't help to keep on doing this.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back