Tracks Bathurst 2017 [WIP]

Bk6L7qc.jpg

Something I've been chipping away at in my spare time. I recently discovered this track in AC when trying out the V8's, once driven never forgotten ;)

Very disappointed with the accuracy of the current AC conversions so decided to embark on a scratch build project.

The new track mesh has been conformed to an existing laser scanned mesh, so all widths, elevations, cambers and corner radii should be spot on.

Early days and all a bit rough at the edges, but hopefully gives you a good preview of what's to come.

I'll post renders and wire frames tomorrow of the current progress.

Layout will be based on Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 2017, most work to date has been done using blurry video reference, but I now have an absolute ton of track and texture reference thanks to GTVirus's recent visit to the 12hour ;)

All textures are currently just placeholders, most of my time is currently spent blocking out meshes and modelling detail.

r@m

Last edited:
DUUUUUUUDE

When this is complete, only suzuka will be left on the list of "legendary tracks with no scratch made versions"

You're doing good work man. Can't wait to donate!

Yeah can't wait for Suzuka ! ^^^

:D

Looks very interesting, a different kind of preview. My first thought was that T2 has not so much camber, or at least seems so in that view. Most of the rest looks really quite familiar, apart few bits very noticeably elevation between t4 and t5.

The exit from the hairpin and then whole fast "straight" downhill - uphill - and then downhill again looks very good, something previous mod (of unknown origins) seemed strange, afaik.

Everything looks clean and ready for further work IMO. You could easily have it in AC already.

Nothing drives me crazier than a badly recreated Bathurst, your version is looking like a great improvement on the conversions already.

Great to hear someone is working on this so legendary circuit. I know its a huge task, very demanding one, with so much of elevation changes, and huge surrounding, but I can read between the lines that you are very eager, and that's why you will make it eventually. Really looking forward. If you need any help on objects, stuff, textures, please let me know. Will be glad to help you out a bit.

Last edited:
Fair to say this is one very sought and and anticipated track mod . Thankyou so much for your undertakings and i hope you get it to where you are happy .:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ah, you posted renders since yesterday, really curious how this turns out. With all that local help it can only become better than whatever rip we have of the track.

ah, you posted renders since yesterday, really curious how this turns out. With all that local help it can only become better than whatever rip we have of the track.

Yeah, I'm spending today getting organised and rendering out wires, check post #2 for updates.

They are where "I'm at" at the moment, mostly unfinished due to the proverbial bad reference issues that are inevitable when modding a track, but thanks to GTvirus supplying over 2000 reference images from his Bathurst 12 hour visit, the clouds have well and truly cleared. :thumbsup:

Cannot wait to texture the garage internals :cool: it's just finding the time to do it.

Thanks for all the lurve guys, much appreciated.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back