Automobilista Subject to Copyright Claim

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Logo.jpg

Reiza Studios' newest title Automobilista has been temporary removed from the Steam digital distribution platform due to a copyright infringement claim. The title was removed from the Steam storefront Tuesday night.

Reiza Studios made the following statement to their fans and customers today:

"The Steam store page for Automobilista has been taken down due to a copyright infringement claim which had been submitted to Valve.

As is known, Automobilista packages a variety of officially licensed cars & brands alongside fictionalized, originally created content. The claim in question does not make any specific reference to content present in Automobilista supposedly in infringement of the party´s copyright - until it does, our belief is that it has no merit.

We have already taken the appropriate measures to resolve the issue ASAP, but in accordance to Valve´s policy, the process may take a few days to be completed.

In the meantime time we will continue to progress with the development of Automobilista, and intend to release another Early Access update shortly. The game is available for purchase as part of our Membership packages from our forum store.

Please understand that until the matter is fully resolved, we may not be able to discuss it."​

If you previously purchased and installed Automobilista through Steam, you will still be able to play the current Early Access build 0.8.7r both off- and online.

Dont forget to check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista forum for discussion and news on the Reiza title. Why not have a go in one of our daily Club Races run across a number of tracks and cars with large grids and close racing.

Update April 5th
: Renato Simioni made a statement that can be seen here

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 130869

I think that too. None of f1 third part mods in rf2 was taken down. Also Fisi, which is oficial content provided by ISI

edit: why they would take action against the AMS first?

Yup, my fantasy rF2 2012 field is still very much up and running. Like I've written before, we are all speculating and throwing a lot of blame around. FOM obviously has precedent so it's an educated speculation - and I did write against them - but we still don't know details. It's been a while since I drove anything in AMS but I think the only factual reference they had, was the tire name for the Formula V10. F-ISI does have some likeness, their 2012-based Sauber, Force India, Caterham and Mercedes, as poor as they may be, are still replicating color schemes and livery lines likenesses.

There are lots of middleman companies that go after businesses and organizations looking for a revenue opportunity. Maybe this is a case that falls under that category. Maybe.

There is no real harm being done.

The law leaves room for fair use, but that won't stop out of touch, IP "ambulance chasing" lawyers, from routinely filing false claims.

Until we know more detail this is all speculation anyhow.

I can go to race track take photos and sell them.
Sell any photo to media outlets, gets edited and printed a million times.

If I did the same with framed prints of photshopped sim screenshots and called it "art" the developers would sue you.

lol

Law is a funny thing. When it works how it does for us then they'll take every liberty they can. Some of its right, some of it ain't. The game is played as if it doesn't matter either way. Better to not lose too much sleep over worrying about it as if it does.

Last edited:
Renato said there is no money problem.
And maybe they don't want to put it back. If you want you can buy it on their shop and they already sold the game for a few weeks. So they are pushing 1.0. And will put that back as a second launch without early access. :D

• Deleted member 130869

Sell any photo to media outlets, gets edited and printed a million times.

If I did the same with framed prints of photshopped sim screenshots and called it "art" the developers would sue you.

lol

You can use an image someone else made, put your name on it or some form of writing, sell it as your own, and in certain countries the law will be on your side, not the original author saying you used the image without permission. :rolleyes:

That looks a lot like CTDP tires :p

Sell any photo to media outlets, gets edited and printed a million times...

I think you'll find that if you buy a ticket to an F1 race you are agreeing to a bunch of terms and conditions that include all photos and videos taken being for personal use only. If you and your mates decided to spread out around the circuit and shoot some decent quality race videos and you monetized those on YouTube you would hear from the rights holders pretty quickly.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back