Automobilista Subject to Copyright Claim

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Logo.jpg

Reiza Studios' newest title Automobilista has been temporary removed from the Steam digital distribution platform due to a copyright infringement claim. The title was removed from the Steam storefront Tuesday night.

Reiza Studios made the following statement to their fans and customers today:

"The Steam store page for Automobilista has been taken down due to a copyright infringement claim which had been submitted to Valve.

As is known, Automobilista packages a variety of officially licensed cars & brands alongside fictionalized, originally created content. The claim in question does not make any specific reference to content present in Automobilista supposedly in infringement of the party´s copyright - until it does, our belief is that it has no merit.

We have already taken the appropriate measures to resolve the issue ASAP, but in accordance to Valve´s policy, the process may take a few days to be completed.

In the meantime time we will continue to progress with the development of Automobilista, and intend to release another Early Access update shortly. The game is available for purchase as part of our Membership packages from our forum store.

Please understand that until the matter is fully resolved, we may not be able to discuss it."​

If you previously purchased and installed Automobilista through Steam, you will still be able to play the current Early Access build 0.8.7r both off- and online.

Dont forget to check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista forum for discussion and news on the Reiza title. Why not have a go in one of our daily Club Races run across a number of tracks and cars with large grids and close racing.

Update April 5th
: Renato Simioni made a statement that can be seen here

Last edited by a moderator:
Renato said this in the Reiza forum earlier today:

"So just to give you all an update - we´ve received some constructive feedback from the party who raised the DMCA claim - while we´d prefer it to be more specific, it is enough for us to act on to ensure they are satisfied and the game is safe from further similar complaints.

We hope the game will be reinstated as soon as we manage to complete these modifications."

Renato said this in the Reiza forum earlier today:

So just to give you all an update - we´ve received some constructive feedback from the party who raised the DMCA claim - while we´d prefer it to be more specific, it is enough for us to act on to ensure they are satisfied and the game is safe from further similar complaints.

We hope the game will be reinstated as soon as we manage to complete these modifications.

I'm glad with these news... :):thumbsup:

Okay, take out all the "Formula" cars and we will either mod them in or go without. Just produce another quality sim using other classes and non copyright ages.

F1 need to realise they are producing a broken product. I remember getting into F1 back in the day (Lauda/Hunt/Senna/Mansell) because of my Dad's love of the sport and back then, I seem to remember proper racing not a grand procession for 60 laps. PS I am a fan of Mercedes and Hamilton but it only gets interesting when he makes a bad start :)
The latest qualifying format is an absolute joke that they believe is what the fans want...idiots.

I just do not see how a look a likey car in a sim hurts their sport or revenue earnings and may actually get younger folk into watching the sport for real.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back