Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

My simple highlights of my race, starting off with my fastest lap of the race (1:11.680), and some of my most retarded errors, including the speeding in the pitlane, and the dodgem I had to play:

The last one at the end was me, I locked up and there was nothing I could do. Fortunately I kept it out of your way :D I nearly crapped myself!

Would prefer shorter races. I needed to pull out because I would not have time to do a full Grand Prix due to family issues. 71 laps is far too much for me. Would prefer say a 30 lap race with a mandatory 2 pitsops to change tyre compounds and make things interesting. But that's just my opinion. :thumbsup:

Would prefer shorter races. I needed to pull out because I would not have time to do a full Grand Prix due to family issues. 71 laps is far too much for me. Would prefer say a 30 lap race with a mandatory 2 pitsops to change tyre compounds and make things interesting. But that's just my opinion. :thumbsup:
I think these long races are good, but that can be diffent for others. I wouldn't want mandatory pit stops though, as it's hard to save tires and it can give you a good advatage if you're not pushing all the way.

Surely the 20-minute mid week races cater for short races and an endurance style race over the weekend is a good way of meeting the needs of everyone

I totally suck in open wheelers but I'm looking forward to the next one whenever that is
And usually one race a week is 45 minutes, with a mandatory stop. Everyone gets something they like, sprint races, mid-range endurance and special event longer races like the Reiza event we just had.

Well it does sound like the race was a success @Andrew James, congrats and here's to some more.:thumbsup:
However, on a personal level it was the worst race/event I've been involved in to date.:(
I've waited overnight to cool down/wait for explanations/apologies before commenting. .....:whistling:........................well I've cooled down at least.!:unsure:
Off the start line I got pushed into the wall when overtaking a slow get away car(s); thanks to dodgy coding our cars kept going without damage!? 5 corners later I got hit from behind sending me into the barrier breaking the front wing.:thumbsdown: Into the pits I went, 2 secs. before repair finished I got hit by a car leaving the pits!!!:O_o:
Luckily I didn't have to reverse but could still drive out once off the jacks, only to spin out 3 corners later from loosing the rear.! (whether this was from pit damage received or me just being p****d off who knows.?! Reversing away from the barrier I stalled the car and the race was over after 1 1/2 Laps!!!:cry:
So from my point of view, competing in many 'sprint' races with good driving and fun, this 70+ race saw the worst driving/attitude I've come across.:unsure: Either I've been lucky up to now?...or this was the most unluckiest race I've done.!!??:O_o:

Well it does sound like the race was a success @Andrew James, congrats and here's to some more.:thumbsup:
However, on a personal level it was the worst race/event I've been involved in to date.:(
I've waited overnight to cool down/wait for explanations/apologies before commenting. .....:whistling:........................well I've cooled down at least.!:unsure:
Off the start line I got pushed into the wall when overtaking a slow get away car(s); thanks to dodgy coding our cars kept going without damage!? 5 corners later I got hit from behind sending me into the barrier breaking the front wing.:thumbsdown: Into the pits I went, 2 secs. before repair finished I got hit by a car leaving the pits!!!:O_o:
Luckily I didn't have to reverse but could still drive out once off the jacks, only to spin out 3 corners later from loosing the rear.! (whether this was from pit damage received or me just being p****d off who knows.?! Reversing away from the barrier I stalled the car and the race was over after 1 1/2 Laps!!!:cry:
So from my point of view, competing in many 'sprint' races with good driving and fun, this 70+ race saw the worst driving/attitude I've come across.:unsure: Either I've been lucky up to now?...or this was the most unluckiest race I've done.!!??:O_o:
I agree that there was some sloppy driving. Despite having posted the event a few weeks ago, some people were joining who clearly hadn't done any practice at all. I was saying on TS I don't mind mistakes, they happen (especially in these difficult cars, and that is fine), but when people cause chaos just by breaking the silly rules (like not rejoining safely, pit exit white line, lapped cars ramming into those ahead of them, etc) it is really annoying, and unacceptable. As I posted above, my race was mostly a story of others hitting me or being super aggressive. Fortunately I was able to carry on.

Mark, if you feel an incident is bad, report it. You know the drill :thumbsup: PM me with a quick video and explanation. That's the only way we can make sure the club racing is clean.

I have an idea of how to ensure better racing next time (107% rule?) , but I am not sure. I'll have to see.

@Warren Schembri our early incident, upon seeing the replay, was my fault. I misjudged how much room there was on the outside and it all happened too quickly. Sorry. Fortunately not much harm done.

Edit: Got to say I often get made fun of for having to constantly remind people of the rules, and yet look what happens even when I do, and people have weeks to prepare... sometimes I am at a loss to know what to do. That's why you guys need to report stuff. I can't do more than I am already doing.

Jeez. That sounds like a lot of bad luck. But as you can see in the video, we all have those moments - like the one where I swerved to avoid one car and another was next to me, causing us both to spin, sorry about that whoever it was, by the way, I really just tried to miss the car ahead, had no idea a car was coming on the outside.

Remember folks, these club races are for fun. The league races are the serious ones. ;) Not everyone has time for hours of practice or to do full GP's, but they should at least follow the rules. And if you have seen them breaking any @Andrew James , put sanctions on them.

Jeez. That sounds like a lot of bad luck. But as you can see in the video, we all have those moments - like the one where I swerved to avoid one car and another was next to me, causing us both to spin, sorry about that whoever it was, by the way, I really just tried to miss the car ahead, had no idea a car was coming on the outside.
Yes, we all have these moments as you say but you have done something that some others haven't................reviewed and apologised!!
@Andrew James. Yes I know the 'drill' that's why I haven't named names. Also I would like to think that people do have lives outside this sim, (along with time zones), so I like to give time to reflect/review.:cautious:

Reactions: Nox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play