Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Went great for 5 laps each race, then the front end started losing grip out of mid speed corners. Checked the tires and no visible sign of degradation...The change in grip was very much present, though. Didn't expect that and it caught me by surprise in both races, causing me to lose positions. R1 start was one of the best from my perspective. Went from 17th to 5th in one lap. Felt like a Guus Verver for a second, lol. :D

U fastest guys probably run on a custom setup, huh ? Can someone post a setup, so i can see what changes you make or give some advice, please. I'd like to be able to set up the car myself and not always run on default. Thanks :thumbsup:

Altough I messed up both qualifyings I had two very fun and clean races with good rankings, thanks guys.
The V8, Road America and the RD community were a perfect match! Chapeau!
I have joined races of many different sims/communities but joining a RD GSC race always feels like comming home ;)

Cheers
Marcel

great fun again, these cars are amazing. My setup turned out to be a bit too suicidey and the car tried to kill me many times resulting in several (near)spins. But atleast it was quick :D
2nd race was great fun making my way through the pack

He ban me without reason, because I played legal!! all the time legal!! and any time I crashed someone, just one time when I crashed Tal Segal, and he sent me threatening messages, and I had been training 3 or 4 hours to all the events I played and when I went to race, all the people were crashing me because they were dirty drivers.

@Alejandro Lopez You are not welcome here. Carry on ramming in public servers. Your type are really not wanted. If you can't race clean and fair, just go away. :devilish: Stck to your console arcade games.

Just to wrap the story up that unfortunately disturbed the thread, Alejandro was banned permanently for deliberately crashing into other drivers, swearing at others, and also joining the server pretending to be other RD members, and joining the server when he had a 30 day ban. Bans aren't a one person decision, I simply report someone to the correct staff members and joint decisions are made. He slipped through the cracks with a new account, but it is all sorted now.

Sorry everyone for the intrusion - back to the fun!

It's truly sorry to see this. I believe we all never want to see things like this happen but they do unfortunately. I was about to send him a message advising him to apologize and if there was a suspension, to just serve it and get back to racing. Oh well.

So, these two races were quite interesting for me. The first with the 2014 car was great. The 2014 car is very stable and the rear end just doesn't want to snap around like in the 2013. Don't remember where I finished, but it was an excellent race with several battles with some very clean racers.

The second race was a bit different. in order to get the 2013 to drive like the 2014, you have to detach the rear ARB completely and hope for the best. Oh yeah, and increase rear wing to one above what I was running on the 2014 which was 4. So 2013 had to be run with 5. At the start of the race, I had plenty of pace and grip. Going into turn one, someone got into the back of my car and I drifted (Tokyo Style) the entire first sweeper turn but was able to save it without letting off the throttle which in these cars is darn near impossible. Was following two cars around and was just hoping for an opportunity to get by and finally was afforded that opportunity. Things got a bit hazy after that. I know I received a love tap and ended up like in P12. :p But hey, rubbin's racin'.

And then, the police showed up at my front door because they caught a few high school kids tagging graffiti on the side of my house. :O_o: Dang kids have nothing better to do that vandalize other people's property? Really? Anyway, it's an arrestable offense and they took the perps into custody. I just had to sign the affidavit that I was made aware by the officer. Race over. *SIGH*

Better luck for me next time.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nox
U fastest guys probably run on a custom setup, huh ? Can someone post a setup, so i can see what changes you make or give some advice, please. I'd like to be able to set up the car myself and not always run on default. Thanks :thumbsup:

Believe it or not, the fast guys do not run too far away from the stock setup. I've had some of their setups and at times find them completely un-drivable. Seat time is what's going to make you fast. I'm usually somewhere mid pack to top ten in most races. That's just where I've peaked for the most part.

That was fun! Thanks again, Andrew! :)

I got from work just in time to start the first race, missing Qualy. Started from dead last. I glade I could make it! I did a insane recovery. Work my way through the field was so much fun, man...I did so many overtakes in the first 2 laps...was unbelievable! I got as high as 5th pushing really hard for 4th, but then Jan made a spin right in front of me, and that stopped me. I finished 7h, which if you consider a start from 20th, is not bad.
Race 2 was also great fun. I was battling Iain and Fabrizio for the lead, in 3th closing lap 1 going for 2..the only one with boost at that point. I went for it! was doing the overtake of the year on them both :p...but then Fab made a mistake and I was involved. Such a shame...as that was about to be a thrilling battle for the lead all race long. :(. No problem about that Fab, this things happen.
I battled very hard the rest of the race, and finished 3th, after Fab gently gave his positon at the end of the race.
On my part I think I own a apologise to Anestis, as I think I slightly bumped him on our fight. Im sorry, mate.

All in all a excelent event. :thumbsup:

It was really another fun nite with lots of drivers on this track which is one of my favorites.........I found V8_2013 much more fun to drive...........but the real fun was drive together with Iain, Angelo, Theo and all other drivers on track :roflmao:

Angelo..........you pulled out decals Iain and me on the front stretch :D:p

As regards setup Jan, I agree with Ken.............I am quite sure that if you try Guus's setup you wont improve your laptimes and probably wont be able to be consistent owing to an "etreme" setup which probably was too much oversteering to turn faster but it could spin easily as well.................the best setup is not setup of the fastest driver on track but setup which suits your driving style and you have good skills.....my 2 cents. I suggest you to read and learn manuals about setup on the web and they will help you together with practice and tests ;)....just good will :)

Thanks again Andrew for your efforts to organize our fun :thumbsup:

See ya next one :thumbsup:

Yeah, i know. I saw his car rotated much better, allowing him to complete the turns(the slower ones) much faster than i can. I guess it involves a bit of testing,knowledge about setups to get that straight line speed, while not compromising the slow/mid speed corner grip and balance too much (if it's even possible to have such a combo ?) + the skill/experience/mileage/will to be able to drive it. :thumbsup:
But, yeah, the lap here is also quite long and therefore a lot of ground where one can lose time due to setup, skill or a combo of both. :)

I tried low wing and low rollbar after the race yesterday just to see how it affects the car and...yeah,no way jose. :D

I am useless with setups so im using the same one on every track, I found it somewhere a while ago and made some very small changes over time. Its nice and unstable and fits my driving nicely. On some tracks it works well and I use it, other times I go with default because its too unstable. All I change is wing and fuel usually. I shared it before in the server but ill share it here, this is the one with fuel for this race.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w33dsvvvw5j8am4/roadmaerica20min.svm?dl=0

Thanks all for the races, I enjoyed both of them thoroughly! Finished 9th in race 1, and 8th in race 2. I love these cars so much. And thanks to all the guys on TS for the fun, you're a good bunch!

Had good battles in both races, but race 1 had my closest finish yet in RD, finishing just under 3 hundreds ahead of Sven-Arne.
7zEHaQM.jpg

5mbnhpI.jpg

That was really nice racing with you yesterday and your overtake in one of the last turns in R1 was amazing. I hoped that my boost loading should be ready for the last straight so I could overtake you just before the finish line but no, the time was not enough. Still fantastic fun to race with you guys in these cars even though I crashed out in race 2 while chasing Andrew again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play