Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Oh well, tough luck i guess.
My first time on this track, with the V8 i struggle anyway although i enjoy driving it so i needed quite a bit until i started lapping somewhat consistently.
R1 started without incidents for me (although i started a bit slow, sorry @Paul Hurlow ) but i was still having problems to keep the car in check, so i thought maybe if i push the boost button it will become more tame :rolleyes:.
Of course i missed my braking point, got onto the grass and almost took out @Anestis Genidounias . Got a drive through penalty as a bonus and couldn't focus enough to keep the damaged car on track so i watched the front lapping for the remaining race.

After @Antti Hyytiainen kindly shared his set it was like night & day for me, although i was going faster and braking later the car was much more controllable, still i was nowhere near the fast guys but at least consistent and improving.
The very start of R2 was alright but after 2 minutes i got a tiny bump from Anestis (i was turning in from the inside with cold tires so i had to slow down a bit more in that bend) which send me with a spin into the wall where i had to let the whole field pass, before i could realize that the road is to narrow to turn around in one go.
Into the wall and stalled the car. After that i was slightly discouraged :D.
No worries @Anestis Genidounias , **** happens, i was very close to taking you completely out the race before.

The car is so much fun with a proper set, i seriously need to drive the V8's more often to get some routine with them.
Thanks everyone for racing and @Andrew James for organizing, guess you'll see me again in these :).

My first race with V8,lots of fun ,lots of action on track :thumbsup:.Race 1 ended in the third lap after epic crash :D.Race 2 - false start,drive in the pit for stop and go penalty,but forget to mark right buttons for pit menu, so - DQ :cool:.Anyway looking forward for next races with V8.;)

crash video in slowmotion:

A few things from the race, all drivers please read!

There was a huge incident in race 1, lap 3 involving several cars. I shared a video with staff to get some feedback and while the incident was simply a 'racing incident' a lot of carnage could have been avoided.

1. When entering a yellow flag zone, slow down. Do not overtake until you pass the incident. You may pass the crashed cars obviously. A few drivers kept their foot on the throttle and smashed into stationary cars at over 200kph. Race flags must be obeyed just as in real life. (I am one of the drivers guilty of not lifting, though I avoided the stationary cars, next time I will lift also.)

2. If you spin, crash, or whatever, do not rejoin until there is a safe gap. The incident was worse because of cars moving slowly blocking the track trying to get back racing. You must wait until it is clear and safe.

Video of incident:

Thank you.
--

l0IaUoD.jpg

PpQxdZZ.jpg

sRcxcvA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events