Resource icon

Other Automobilista Mod Manager 0.5.1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Martin Vindis submitted a new resource:

Automobilista Mod Manager - Makes modding your AMS easy

View attachment 125060
This tool lets you download, install and uninstall mods with the click of a buttons. It makes managing mods easy.

Extract all files to your Automobilista root folder and run 'Automobilista Mod Manager.exe'

OBS! This is a very early release which means there will be bugs so please report them. Does only support .zip and .rar archives for now, support for 7z will be developed in the near future.

Will probably ever only support cars and tracks so don't expect to...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks. How does the mod manager work, where does it check if the mod is installed already? Isn't it like JSME? I'm asking because I download the mods, and have them installed already and noticed AMS ModMgr still had the choice for 'Install' and then started downloading.

@JoelGL I never used JSME so I wouldn't know how that tool works. AMSMM creates a log file (you can find it in ...\Automobilista\Packages) for all installed mods. You have to install the mods with AMSMM to have it recognized as installed and be able to uninstall it. If you already installed a mod without AMSMM then you can just install it again and it should be fine. If you still have the downloaded you can just put it in the Packages folder to skip the download.

@Colnem Right click on a mod to bring up the install/uninstall menu.

@JoelGL I never used JSME so I wouldn't know how that tool works. AMSMM creates a log file (you can find it in ...\Automobilista\Packages) for all installed mods. You have to install the mods with AMSMM to have it recognized as installed and be able to uninstall it. If you already installed a mod without AMSMM then you can just install it again and it should be fine. If you still have the downloaded you can just put it in the Packages folder to skip the download.

@Colnem Right click on a mod to bring up the install/uninstall menu.
Thanks Martin, good to know how it works. Perhaps in the future, an option to indicate our own 'packages' folder (as some like me store these in a different/external drive). Cheers!

Edit: While at it, I wasn't sure what the app reads, but how does it populate DBFile.xml? Where does it get it's values, online? I tried copying Spa_AMS_v1.01.rar and Flat 1,2.7z to the packages folder to test, but ModMgr showed only the 3 tracks available, not Flat6.

Last edited:
@JoelGL Thanks for your input!
The DBFile.xml is hosted on my dropbox for now so the manager goes online and gets it every time you start it. I manage the DBFile with another program I have so I hand pick the mods that goes in that file. The reason the Flat6 mod isn't shown atm is that the manager doesn't support 7z archives (currently working on this as i write, new version should be up in the next few days, maybe hours)

I will look in to adding an option for a custom Packages folder.

Wops, after uploading version 0.3 I realized the Flat 6 mod overwrites coreshaders.mas and up on uninstalling the mod the file is removed making the game not start.

If you managed to screw your game up this way I recommend you to validate you files via steam and it should be downloaded again.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Flat 6 mod is removed from the data base until this is sorted.

I will release a new version where you still can install and uninstall mods but the download feature will have to go.

I just had to disable AMS mod manager ASAP and this was the quickest way for now.

Well, the files was pulled from RD's servers and ofc no one wants anyone to use their servers for free without getting visitors. But hopefully we're going to work something out for the future.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back