Automobilista EA v0.8.6r RELEASED

19 maart - Reiza Studios
A new EARLY ACCESS build of AMS (v.0.8.6r) has been deployed.

Below are the release notes & main changelog (please make sure to check for some important information regarding the new build):

• V0.8.6r
  • Improved support for Windows User Account Control - now all user-generated files should be stored in MyDocs\Automobilista folder. Users with UAC on will be prompted to create a new profile (if you disable UAC or run as admin however it will still use game folder)
  • Added option to select PLAYER LEVEL after new profile creation (can be changed later from the difficulty menu) - CASUAL / ADVANCED / HARDCORE: depending on level selected, the default settings will be customized accordingly for various Difficulty / Controls / Display options
  • Several new UI improvements & adjustments + version number added to bottom right corner of main menu
  • Further adjusted tire scrub volume calculation, default settings & added Tire Volume Slider to the AUDIO menu
  • Some DynHUD improvements for better stability (& pedal cursors now optional from the editor)
  • Fixed bug with vehicle labels not working
  • Fixed bug with FFB level selection sometimes not sticking
  • Added a FFB Reset function whenever a session is (re)started (to try prevent issues with users occasionally losing FFB)
  • Implemented advanced transmission code for all cars with dog-type sequential boxes (Marcas, SuperV8, MR18, Lancer RS, Shifter and Superkart) now featuring ignition cut-off in upshifts; if engine / drivetrain RPM mismatch is too great, gear change is not accepted; downshift protection also added to prevent engine over-revving in semi-auto boxes;
  • Added option for manual gear shift override in cars with autoshift electronic aids (such as F-V10 & Camaro SS)
  • Adjusted flatspotting range (slightly more sensitive than previous version)
  • Fixed bug with Mini autoshift driving aid not working correctly
  • Removed launch control being left mistakenly enabled in F3 & Supertruck
  • Tweaked fast line at chicane in second half of lap of Salvador to minimize cars rolling
  • Fixed foggy cockpit windshield in Lancer RS
  • Fixed bug with Renault Fluence LOD in night lighting
  • Various AI adjustments to generally improve their behavior & performance
  • Added a few missing helmet skins + corrected alpha channels for another lot of them
  • Fixed digital LCDs not working in Indian Momentum F-Extreme cars

to avoid problems with fps
I do the process:
-turn off dynHud
-turn off ''time scale''
-shadows not on ''max'' (low or high)
-change SLI PROFILE to (SLI Compatibility Bits = 0x02D04005 (LEGO Batman 2, etc.) with NVIDIA INSPECTOR
-use CONTIG (google it) to ''defrag game''
-for MP or race with Ai use low resolution mirror (download it)

• Deleted member 130869

ah gotcha :D yes very big hit on my budget.

My Pc is strong yes, but its very old :)

i7 2600K is from 2011 and I got it used. Its luck that it overclocks to 5Ghz.
My two 290X's are from 2013 and each costed me 240$. Bargain.
My watercooling system is very strong but was all purchased piece by piece between 2008 and 2015.

Assetto costed me 27€ in a sale.
R3E costed me 59€ in black friday.
These two games represented 100% of my racing time. So, to pay a full 45$ for AMS, its a high investment.

So, smart choices and the result of low technological advancement in the last 4 years (end of moores law).

What are your ingame settings? Turn filtering to 8x, AA no more than 8 too. Shadows maybe High instead of Full. If you're still struggling, then it's best to save that money and revisit the sim market in 2017 when AMS 2 will be out, and we may have more titles to choose from too. RF2 will not function the greatest given what I have read about SLI and especially, SLI with more than one monitor.

to avoid problems with fps
I do the process:
-turn off dynHud
-turn off ''time scale''
-shadows not on ''max'' (low or high)
-change SLI PROFILE to (SLI Compatibility Bits = 0x02D04005 (LEGO Batman 2, etc.) with NVIDIA INSPECTOR
-use CONTIG (google it) to ''defrag game''
-for MP or race with Ai use low resolution mirror (download it)

thanks

Although I am not using crossfire (I have amd). With crossfire enabled the performance is about ~15fps.

The game installed on a SSD with crazy read//write speeds. But I will try it

What are your ingame settings? Turn filtering to 8x, AA no more than 8 too. Shadows maybe High instead of Full. If you're still struggling, then it's best to save that money and revisit the sim market in 2017 when AMS 2 will be out, and we may have more titles to choose from too. RF2 will not function the greatest given what I have read about SLI and especially, SLI with more than one monitor.

Im struggling with performance with every setting on low, every setting on low.

Well but Racedepartment isn't running Reiza17 club races yet :D thats why I bought AMS.

Some good tips here. I will try them all before asking for refund (including installing a new OS on a new drive just to test this game). I really want to make this work

• Deleted member 130869

Im struggling with performance with every setting on low, every setting on low.

Well but Racedepartment isn't running Reiza17 club races yet :D thats why I bought AMS.

Some good tips here. I will try them all before asking for refund (including installing a new OS on a new drive just to test this game). I really want to make this work

Just be careful not to blow the 2-hour usage window

• Deleted member 130869

whaaaat? this is PC gaming. You spend 2 hours just to get the settings right :D

I've been 6 hours with the game open just trying to make it right.

Then make sure to have it documented and when you ask for the refund, provide a link to all the topics where you posted asking for help. I have read a couple of cases where Valve made an exception.

If a new OS doesn't fix the issues, check the CPU/GPU usage % and clocks in-game (with MSI Afterburner for example). It can be that one of those (or both) are not running at proper clocks (like in unloaded state).

Check the AMS config tool if you're running windowed or not, disable SweetFX, etc.

In the end, AMS is in Early Access currently for a reason, features are still being added, bugs getting ironed out, crap can happen. If you feel that the issue is somewhat unique (that you can't find a solution for in the forums here or at Reiza), then go and open a thread over at the Reiza forums, they will 100% help you resolve this.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back