Automobilista DAQ Plugin Setup

Other Automobilista DAQ Plugin Setup 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Gringo submitted a new resource:

Automobilista DAQ Plugin Setup - Detailed telemetry analysis for Automobilista

This plugin originally designed for rFactor (aka, rFactorDAQPluginSetup_1.3.2 by DanZ) is working well in AMS Beta.
In this download are the setup files needed to install, the plugin required to generate the motec log files, and the Motec Log Analyzer software.

Installation is not overly difficult however you will need to configure some thing as below.

Run the installers to setup the plugin and the log analyzer.

You must patch (or replace with a previously patched copy provided in the...

Read more about this resource...

Thank you, works great. But Avast reports a virus in a rFactorDAQPluginSetup_1.3.2.exe file. Is it possible? I copied .dll file to plugins folder (and .wav files from rF2) only. Thank you again.

Is it possible?

That Avast is #1 for false positives. Yes I would agree.

:rolleyes:

This brings up an interesting point, it is possible to setup the plugin without using the installer. In fact the only file required to generate the telemetry files is simply the plugin DLL. On first run the INI file will be created, then you exit the game and setup the log output folder. However take note that the default INI will not have the correct channel names to match the Motec profiles. Best to use the INI with my settings posted on the front page. Some wave files are used to give an audible indication in game that the plugin is on or off when you use the CTRL-M toggle. If you set the plugin to start logging automatically (or you used the CTRL-M toggle) you don't really need the sounds.

Last edited:
Thanks for this Gregory. I installed it with the release version of AMS and it's working great.

Not sure if this will impact other people but the plug-in only wants to install to a directory containing your config.ini which in my case is in C:\Users\<myUsername>\Documents\Automobilista rather than in Program Files.

So I installed it there and then moved the "rFactor Data Acquisition Plugin" directory and the patched copy of the plug-in over to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\Plugins and moved DataAcquisitionPlugin.ini over to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista and also corrected the path for the two sound files in the ini file.

Maybe there is a simpler way to do this but it worked for me. :)

Not sure if this will impact other people but the plug-in only wants to install to a directory containing your config.ini which in my case is in C:\Users\<myUsername>\Documents\Automobilista rather than in Program Files.

Cheers Kev,

I was sure this could be an issue. The installer is pretty smart, but I wondered how it would deal with AMS user files in the documents folder.

The plugin should setup correctly if you point the installer to "C:\Users\<myUsername>\Documents\Automobilista" ...where your active config.ini file exists. That's how the installer knows where to place the files used by the plugin and should setup the correct file paths for you in the plugin.INI

To be honest I am surprised it was two days and 400 downloads before this came up.

Thanks for your post.

Last edited:
Any idea if this plug-in can do it and if so how it might work as it would be really useful?

Lazza's plugin was not working for me in the early AMS beta. It was my preferred telemetry logger for GSC / rF, that said I think that DanZ is a great substitute. I went so far as to PM Lazza months ago and request his work on an AMS version.

The GPS maps were a nice feature of the Lazza plugin, however the steering angle channel didn't work

If your up to it, give the Lazza plugin a go and see what you get now that AMS is nearly v1.0

Last edited:
...If your up to it, give the Lazza plugin a go and see what you get now that AMS is nearly v1.0

With the current release version of AMS (V0.9.8r) the Lazza plug-in (V1.10) loads and runs fine but only writes out some header information but no actual telemetry. Fiddled around with the settings a bit but it didn't make any difference. Shame there is no source code available for a lot of this stuff so we could fix it when the author moves on. :(

With the current release version of AMS (V0.9.8r) the Lazza plug-in (V1.10) loads and runs fine but only writes out some header information but no actual telemetry. Fiddled around with the settings a bit but it didn't make any difference. Shame there is no source code available for a lot of this stuff so we could fix it when the author moves on. :(

I think "moving on" is a touch unfair when referring to a game I've never owned :)

I am surprised the DanZ plugin works and mine doesn't, I've never tried to analyse how his worked but since it was out a year or two before I made mine perhaps it relied on earlier functions to trigger its operation, or for whatever reason the way mine operates just doesn't work with what AMS does.

I see AMS has greatly sped up the physics rates, I wonder if the telemetry is available at that higher rate? I don't have any plans to get AMS so not sure I'd ever give it a go, but would be beneficial if available.

I see AMS has greatly sped up the physics rates, I wonder if the telemetry is available at that higher rate? I don't have any plans to get AMS so not sure I'd ever give it a go, but would be beneficial if available.

I installed on a win8.1 machine 2 days ago - no troubles. Today I tried to put on a win10 machine and all i get is a error sound when leaving the garage.

I think "moving on" is a touch unfair when referring to a game I've never owned :)

Didn't mean anything personal by it, just looked from forum posts like you had moved from the rF1 to the rF2 world these days and I think @Gringo said somewhere that he'd tried to contact you, without success

Not sure if the available telemetry rate for AMS has increased with the physics updates. Per the ini file, the DAQ plugin only supports data collection rates upto 100Hz so can't tell.

If you are interested and there is some way I can run your plug-in to get some debug information then please let me know as I would be happy to do so.

Telemetry data update frequency of plugin is 360Hz(90Hz in GSC/rFactor1, if I remember correctly). So, you can get more fine data, theoretically.

Telemetry data update frequency of plugin is 360Hz(90Hz in GSC/rFactor1, if I remember correctly). So, you can get more fine data, theoretically.

At some point I'd like to redo the rF1 plugin, seems like AMS wouldn't need much different to work fine, and the rates should be easy to set up. Thanks for the info.

And don't worry fortyfivekev, I wasn't really offended ;)

the plug works great !!! excellent !!!
Just a Question ?
Can i get data from others drivers in a server or during a practice or from the computer drivers ?
it would be great to compare my lap time ? thanks a lot !!!

the plug works great !!! excellent !!!
Just a Question ?
Can i get data from others drivers in a server or during a practice or from the computer drivers ?
it would be great to compare my lap time ? thanks a lot !!!

I don't think you can do this unfortunately. One feature I miss from iRacing is the iSpeed Lap Analyzer where you can compare your laps to other drivers. It would be nice if AMS had something similar to upload your telemetry and make comparisons.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%