Automobilista 2 | V1.0.5.5 And Nürburgring Pack Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
It's here! Reiza Studios have finally finished the little bits of extra polish, and now the Nurburgring Nordshliefe DLC is here for Automobilista 2!

We've been waiting with bated breath for this mammoth track track to come to Automobilista 2, and now that time is here folks - new track, and it's probably the biggest and best of them all.

As an added bonus, Reiza Studios has also wrapped up the new DLC in yet another sizeable game update - adding further tweaks, refinements and improvements to the simulation - details of which can be found below:

CONTENT
  • Added Nurburgring Nordschleife layout *Part of the Nurburgring DLC Pack (Steam Store Page for standalone DLC should be available soon)

GENERAL
  • Fixed reverse grid in Championship mode

UI & HUD
  • Added Vehicle Selection filters
  • Fixed track image anchors on lobby details page
  • Fixed 'Left Monitor Bezel Width Right' input
  • Added Credits screen to UI
  • Fixed various missing / incorrect filters for cars & tracks

PHYSICS & FFB
  • Fixed coordinate conversion when reading SETA contact patch offset
  • Fixed curbs pulling inverse way on cars where steering arms are "behind" steering axis.
  • Fixed minor road noise confribution being partially unequally handled on front right wheel
  • Fixed issues with Mini FFB using new profile
  • Adjusted tire treads for additional longitudinal slip in GT / Stock Car / Prototype tires & adjusted load damping to minimise hysteresis
  • Adjusted tire treads for adittional longitudinal slip in rain race tires
  • Corrected front tire tread width in GT / Prototypes (305mm / 315mm)
  • Adjusted default diff settings & roll bar values for Porsches
  • Revised low rev band torque curves & suspension rates for GT cars
  • Adjusted Porsche Cayman suspension travel & helper spring deflection length
  • Fixed error in main driveline syntax (potentially improves rear differential functionality)
  • Corrected Porsche Cup engine power figures to latest specifications; adjusted FFB Max force & CoG height
  • Reduced engine inertia in GT3/GT4 cars
  • Slightly increased engine inertia for Group A cars
  • Reduced engine inertia & spring rate range for Metalmoro MRX (all variants)
  • Various weight and engine power adjustments for better BoP accross GT3 / GT4 classes
  • Further revised suspension rates on all GT3 / GT4 cars
  • Fixed Mercedes AMG GT3 camber range for front wheels
  • Minor adjustment to StockCar 2020 CoG height & aero
  • Reduced Copa Fusca FFB Max force and raised stactic ride height by 1cm
  • Reduced F-Reiza FFB max force

AI
  • Further improvements to AI Lateral player avoidance and line selection when side-by-side with players
  • Improved AI player avoidance in situations where more than one player is present (MP)
  • AI callibration pass for GT / Stock / Prototypes
  • Adjusted AI lateral movement smoothing values to minimise aggressive weaving in some types of cars
  • Reduced aggression scalars for tintop series

AUDIO
  • Porsche GT3-R: Set tranny whine to cutoff sound in neutral; fixed missing onboard sound for AI cars and in replays
  • Fixed McLaren 570S GT4 missing sound in Chase view.
  • Increased bottoming sound effect for GT3s & GT4s

TRACKS
  • Velo Citta: Rebuilt pitlane triggers & adjusted far corridors in pit lane at U-turn (remove corridor over lap, possible source for pit lane DQ issue) calibrated some brake marker spacing/distance (dynamic/static road line markings); Minor performance pass
  • Imola: added DRS zones triggers as per latest GP configuration
  • Added drone animations to Velocittá, Velopark, VIR
  • Fixed rain blockers at VIR
  • Adjusted Nurburgring GP TV cameras

VEHICLES
  • McLaren 720S GT3: added five new liveries; fixed collision mesh bug; Added cockpit vibrations, dirt / damage effects + dangling damaged parts
  • Mclaren 570S GT4: Added dirt / damage effects, dangling damaged parts + new colliders + carbon material fix + carbon material UV mapping fix + mesh changes (Rear bumper/lights); Adjusted cockpit POV so it doesnt clip driver model
  • Camaro GT4R - Corrected samll sidewindow material
  • Fixed Porsche Cup 4.0 rear tire dimensions
  • Added damage, dangling parts & dirt map for Fusca (all variants)

Notes from the developer:

IMPORTANT! The latest physics modifications to GT3 / GT4 cars require a setup reset to default in setup UI to take effect - no need to delete all your settings, just go into the setup screen and click "Reset to Default" when choosing any of the new GT3 / GT4 cars added in v1.0.5.0 (other cars haven´t had setup range changes so shouldn´t need a reset).

IMPORTANT! As previously announced, with the release of the Nurburgring DLC Pack, the Nurburgring layouts included in the previous update are now only available for owners of the DLC or the packages that include it.

Our next game update towards the end of the month will add layouts combining variants of the modern track with the Nordschleife. Next year we also plan to include an historical version of the track to this pack, with no additional charge to those that already own it.

Original Source: Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum for a place to hang out with fellow AMS 2 fans, share tips and tricks to maximise your experience with the simulation and grab all the latest news regarding the title.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
There was already sunshine in the pit lane and 30 cm hail in the carousel at the 24h race.

The Karussel corner was under 30cm of hail? How did they drive through that?

Also, pit lane is a good distance from the Karussel. In the game video the track went from dry to under water within about 200-300 metres, lol.

Also, not sure what tyres the car had on in the video (I'm thinking slicks seeing as race started dry) but it seemed to maintain good grip in the heavy rain and only struggled once the rain had stopped and the track was still wet.

The rain effects were good, but all seems to happen too fast going from dry to wet track and grip levels seem a little debatable.

Does anyone else find the Mercedes and McLaren GT3 cars more prone to oversteer with the 1.0.5.5 update? It may very well be fixable with setup or even just an adjustment to driving style. I haven’t got around to methodically trying that yet. Just comparing baseline behavior with the respective defaults between 1.0.5.1 and 1.0.5.5, the Mercedes and McLaren GT3s now feel to me that they're more likely to lose the back end than they previously were. To confirm, I definitely have done ‘reset to defaults’ for both cars before turning laps in the new update.

I don't know why, but I experience the track very different visually than AC or PC2 in VR.

Must be my brain, because I swapped my Fanatec LC pedals out for the T3PA's (and put them on a new rig that's waiting for the wheel to arrive. T3PA's rig is going to be sold.)

Maybe no break feel makes my brain go mushy xD

Last edited:
Months ago, so no arm in reminding them then, is it?
I reported it two times already and seen it reported a few other times in the bug forum, they clearly know the bug just do not care to fix it. Feel free to report it as many times you like no harm reminding. I actually wonder if anyone actually reads those bug reports because I reported quite a few bugs and most of them are still not fixed.

Does anyone else find the Mercedes and McLaren GT3 cars more prone to oversteer with the 1.0.5.5 update? It may very well be fixable with setup or even just an adjustment to driving style. I haven’t got around to methodically trying that yet. Just comparing baseline behavior with the respective defaults between 1.0.5.1 and 1.0.5.5, the Mercedes and McLaren GT3s now feel to me that they're more likely to lose the back end than they previously were. To confirm, I definitely have done ‘reset to defaults’ for both cars before turning laps in the new update.
Same here I ended up reducing the camber for the front tyres.

Any suggestions for settings on TM TX?
Currently using
75/35/35/50 in-game...might have added an extra 35 setting lol?
75 gain is clipping territory. I'm playing around with 50-60 gain, 30-50 LFB, 50 FX, 0-50 damping. Even 60/50/50/50 feels okay in general, but anything above 60 gain (some cars even 50+) is clipping, leaving you with a flat, non-communicative FFB, and massive jolts.

I reported it two times already and seen it reported a few other times in the bug forum, they clearly know the bug just do not care to fix it. Feel free to report it as many times you like no harm reminding. I actually wonder if anyone actually reads those bug reports because I reported quite a few bugs and most of them are still not fixed.

And many bugs reported were already fixed. Let's be fair with them. They can't fix everything at the same time. There are racing games on the market for years that still have bugs reported many times and that were not fixed.

The Karussel corner was under 30cm of hail? How did they drive through that?

Also, pit lane is a good distance from the Karussel. In the game video the track went from dry to under water within about 200-300 metres, lol.

Also, not sure what tyres the car had on in the video (I'm thinking slicks seeing as race started dry) but it seemed to maintain good grip in the heavy rain and only struggled once the rain had stopped and the track was still wet.

The rain effects were good, but all seems to happen too fast going from dry to wet track and grip levels seem a little debatable.
thats the trick to compress somting into 7 Minutes of video.
If you want it totally natural , you must make a 40 minutes movie. But who will look at that?
Did you never see any advertisment with that trick?
Poor, to nag about such things.

75 gain is clipping territory. I'm playing around with 50-60 gain, 30-50 LFB, 50 FX, 0-50 damping. Even 60/50/50/50 feels okay in general, but anything above 60 gain (some cars even 50+) is clipping, leaving you with a flat, non-communicative FFB, and massive jolts.
I tried 60/35/35/50 &60/50/50/50 and still no load feel or initial bite under braking and hardly any lateral feel? Once traction is lost the cars feel weightless with very little detail from the ffb as to what its dong.
The only subtle effect that I noticed with these settings was the scrub feedback was more pronounced.

The overheating front brakes are irritating the hell out of me, I tried doing a AI race at Donnington gp and id try starting my braking where the AI was starting.....they'd stop on a dime and I would fly right past with overheating front brake temps hitting 800c+.

Last edited:
Just curious - how are you assessing clipping? It doesn't seem to me like the in-game FFB meter can be trusted, because the FFB in AMS2 feels so much heavier than in other games when they're close to clipping, yet somehow the FFB meter doesn't show any clipping to speak of...?

you have output gain from the FFB settings and Input gain in your wheel controlpannel settings.
So you can have clipping in the wheel, just when the first gain does not clip.
I assume the gain on the control panel should be 70, then the FFB meter "could" be right ;)

Just curious - how are you assessing clipping? It doesn't seem to me like the in-game FFB meter can be trusted, because the FFB in AMS2 feels so much heavier than in other games when they're close to clipping, yet somehow the FFB meter doesn't show any clipping to speak of...?
I had a feeling you would ask that. Saved me the trouble. :thumbsup:

I have a feeling that I could tell you what he's gonna say too. ;)

you have output gain from the FFB settings and Input gain in your wheel controlpannel settings.
So you can have clipping in the wheel, just when the first gain does not clip.
I assume the gain on the control panel should be 70, then the FFB meter "could" be right ;)
The gain in the control panel has exactly zero effect on in-game clipping or in-game meter, and at least with the wheels we're talking about, even setting the control panel gain at 100 will not give you any "hardware-side" clipping. (Well, OK, maybe you can get a very small amount, it's hard to say there will be literally none, because it's very hard to measure accurately, but it will not be high enough to matter much, even if you would get some).

All the clipping you're going to get is going to come from the software, and it will be independent of your CP gain setting. You get the exact same amount of clipping with CP gain set at 20 as you get at 100. The only difference between those two scenarios would be the torque /strength you feel in your hands.

Last edited:
Months ago, so no arm in reminding them then, is it?
I reported it two times already and seen it reported a few other times in the bug forum, they clearly know the bug just do not care to fix it.
Every developer, even an indy amateur making games from his/her bedroom, has a bug tracker. Bugs which are found or reported go into it and are usually assigned a priority. Over time the list is worked through, usually with the bigger issues getting fixed first and the minor ones later. Given that headlights not illuminating on one class of car is hardly the biggest issue this sim faces right now, I think it's safe to say that it's towards the bottom of what is likely a pretty long list. So please, have some patience. As someone else said above...
They can't fix everything at the same time.

thats the trick to compress somting into 7 Minutes of video.
If you want it totally natural , you must make a 40 minutes movie. But who will look at that?
Did you never see any advertisment with that trick?
Poor, to nag about such things.

...again, if you try hard enough you’ll find flaws, even with the accelerated weather effects. Just imagine you can do 24hrs, all 4 seasons on one lap of Nords. The horror.

Back to some bugs not being fixed fast enough.

Or look at what’s being accomplished in such a short time.
- New engine
- Typical Reiza content - Brazilian exotics
- Mainstream content

Call me a fanboi, but some have found their pet peeve here and it is silly.
RF2, AC, ACC, R3E, iRacing etcetera all come with their flaws, you know what, you and me too.

glass half empty people...

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 122 85.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 24 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 29.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 49 34.5%