Automobilista 2 | StockCar 2021 Headlines New Hotfix Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have been busy once again, deploying another new hotfix update for the Automobilista 2 racing simulation.

The new hotfix build, deployed on Tuesday evening addresses a number of aspects of the simulation during this stage of ongoing development, focusing on fixes and tweaks around hot topic subjects such as AI, physics and force feedback behaviours within the title.

On the content front, the new update also introduces the latest season of the Brazilian StockCar Series - the premium national championship in Brazil and some of the most enjoyable cars in modern sim racing. The new 2021 content has been made available for free to owners of the simulation.

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

V1.1.2.5 Hotfix Notes:

CONTENT

• Added Stock Car 2021 series

UI & HUD
  • Fixed AI name occasionally disappearing from list in session timing board
  • Fixed name text being partially clipped in session timing board
  • Added missing DRS on trackmaps of circuits featuring DRS zones (Azure, Hockenheim, Imola, Kansai, Montreal, Nurburgring, Silverstone, Spa-Francorchamps, Spielberg)

PHYSICS & FFB
  • Further tweaks and cleanup of new TrueForce device and Logitech sdk support
  • Added pneumatic trail, caster trail, rar wheels forces as customizable variables FFB script
  • Fixed in-session per vehicle FFB adjustments not being maintained when restarting a sessionRevised F-Retro tires
  • Minor tire tread adjustments for F-Vintage, F-Trainer, GT3, P1, intermediate & wet compounds
  • Initial pass on tire wear revisions for various compounds (WIP)
  • Adjusted splitter / Front Wing height sensitivity for Group A, F-Vintage, F-Classic, Copa Classic, Hot Cars, Ginetta G58, Camaro GT4R, F-Trainer, Superkart, ARC Camaro
  • Corrected error on Opala differentials introduced in the previous build which led to it not being fully open
  • Adjusted Ginetta G58 damper rates
  • Adjusted pneumatic trail for Porsches & F-Vintages
  • Reduced pitch & yaw sensitivity for Group C cars
  • Adjusted Procar default rear ARB & clutch setting
  • Minor timing adjustments to F-Ultimate gearbox

AI
  • Further callibration of AI wet weather performance
  • Further customized AI brake distance offsets per car
  • Minor Bathurst AI Grip adjustments

AUDIO
  • Updated SprintRace transmission whine
  • Updated Porsche 911 GT1 engine & turbo sound
  • Updated McLaren F1 LM: engine sound

TRACKS
  • Cascais: Minor art & performance pass
  • Silverstone: Minor art & performance pass
  • Added VR trackside cams to Snetterton 300 & VIR Full
  • Added rainblockers to indoor section of Speedland kart layouts
  • Updated trackside ads for Interlagos & Goiania

VEHICLES
  • Super V8: Fixed incorrect team names
  • Stock Corolla: Fixed Brake disc visual glitch
  • Omega StockCar: Fixed the RF wheel arch edge loops
  • Fixed base windscreen textures to fix white windscreen problem on some cars when users turn on livery overrides

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

Start a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum today to get engaged with your fellow Automobilista 2 fans!

AMS 2 footer.jpg

Last edited:
Don't really get the hate towards SC20/21. After today's update they seem fine, less glued to the track than the SC19 but still manageable. Certainly better than the Super V8's, which compared to the superb AMS1 rendition still feel floaty, weightless, and unconnected to the road. Plus they go together extremely well with the Nordschleife.

Personally I have a big problem with am2, the steering the cars have so much difficulty to turn it's almost unplayable steering wheel at 90° it almost doesn't turn I have to at least turn the steering wheel at 180° I feel like I'm driving trucks it's really a shame... I have reconfigured my steering wheel every time but nothing works :cry:
please now you have to stop with the stockcar brezilien, 2019/2020 and now 2021 they are all the same, no difference!

Last edited:
I may be missing something, but I thought all-weather tyres are meant to perform less well in the rain than dedicated wet tyres. IRL lapping with all-weather tyres is a good safety net when conditions are variable but switching to rain tyres when the track is properly wet is essential. I don't know how this effect carries over to AMS2 or any other sim as I've not really thought about it.
What is the community's take on this?
Is what i feel on our private server, if you choose automatic by weather IA uses dry compound on light rain, so after we tested it on heavy rain and feel no grip, so changed to wet tyres manually and feel a true grip on rain conditions so that's what we though IA not working properly

Ugh, RafaBin, promo video for AMS2.

No thank you.

Yea it's gonna be hard to make me believe a todays racing car behaves like a bus with high torque. Game is still plagued with problems, which is reflected by it's playerbase. It may never recover, we are getting tons of updates but yea, maybe there are too many engine limitations.

Stock car that was supposed to be the main racing series of this game is probably the most avoided, I don't know a single person that thinks it's good.

One of my favorite cars in any sim. Challenging yet extremely rewarding. Nothing about it seems off compared to any in car footage I've seen of these cars. They require good throttle control and constant wheel corrections (again, as evidenced by real life footage).

You remind me of someone I know, who will say that anything he can't drive within 2 minutes of hitting the tarmac is "trash".

Last edited:
One of my favorite cars in any sim. Challenging yet extremely rewarding. Nothing about it seems off compared to any in car footage I've seen of these cars. They require good throttle control and constant wheel corrections (again, as evidenced by real life footage).

You remind me of someone I know, who will say that anything he can't drive within 2 minutes of hitting the tarmac is "trash".
Looks like artificial arcade difficulty is your thing then, that's fine.

But AMS2 is doing fine right, so many people playing it, all cars are amazing, peaked 300 players today. A game only for the most skilled in simracing, a true gem not yet understood by the rabble.

You guilt tripped me into searching youtube for brazillian stock car onboards and wow it's cool to see basically what you're seeing as you drive a sim, with wheel, dashboard, car sounds all kind of lining up:

Last edited:

But AMS2 is doing fine right, so many people playing it, all cars are amazing, peaked 300 players today. A game only for the most skilled in simracing, a true gem not yet understood by the rabble.

Popularity = quality?

I guess that means McDonalds is the best restaurant, Love Island is the best TV show, Avatar is the best film, etc?

Sim racing is a very niche area of gaming with a small player base split across multiple games and people are reluctant to move away from their current favourite title. There are no overnight successes in this genre. All titles slowly build their user base and AMS2 hasn’t been out a year yet.

Criticism is fine, but saying it’s not good because it has a low player count is a daft argument.

Last edited:
Have you driven stock cars? It's exactly like a bus with torque. I've driven at Richard Petty's school, those 740hp beasts, and it's meant to go around a bunch of left turns at the fastest possible speed... expecting those cars to drive really well on road circuit, is kind of a waste of time.
Sorry, but do you even know which game is this thread about? AMS2 has no american style stock cars.
On a different note, I must confess am really jealous of you. One item on my bucket list is driving a NASCAR stock car. Well, I have taken the first step. I've driven go-carts a few times... :O_o:

Popularity = quality?

I guess that means McDonalds is the best restaurant, Love Island is the best TV show, Avatar is the best film, etc?

Sim racing is a very niche area of gaming with a small player base split across multiple games and people are reluctant to move away from their current favourite title. There are no overnight successes in this genre. All titles slowly build their user base and AMS2 hasn’t been out a year yet.

Criticism is fine, but saying it’s not good because it has a low player count is a daft argument.

There is an ignore option on this forum, its best used on people like " PickABetterUsername01" imo

Popularity = quality?

Of course not, and what is quality anyway?
You and I and all the others might not be attracted to the same aspects in a SIM, so quality might be different for you and me. No SIM is perfect, so it is more a question of what aspect is important and how a particular SIM provide you with what you are after.
AMS2 has undeniable qualities. Those qualities do not seem to make it popular at this point in time, as per the low numbers player attendance.

Most SIM available today are more popular than AMS2, meaning more people prefer to play something else than AMS2, but it does not matter to the few people who prefer AMS2 over these other SIMs.

At this point in time AMS2 only interest for me is the content not available in the SIMs I prefer.
My only concern with the little popularity AMS2 is afflicted with is in relation to less players means less money and therefore could hamper the rate of progress in AMS2 developpement.

But it is important to realize that Reiza, as they have stated in many post already, ar not concerned by how many play the game at this time and that they already have reach the level they were aiming for.

Let’s all enjoy AMS2 qualities for what they are to us.

Last edited:
You guilt tripped me into searching youtube for brazillian stock car onboards and wow it's cool to see basically what you're seeing as you drive a sim, with wheel, dashboard, car sounds all kind of lining up:

It would be awesome if the 3d models had this kind of detail. Some cars look too simplified. Would be really cool if Formula Ultimate had the same amount of details as the RSS models for AC.

Last edited:

Actually right now most cars ARE amazing, but that just goes to show how much knowledge you have of the product you're so quick to criticize.

Ever since the last few updates I have fallen in love with a different car every day, the "hidden gems" like the Roco P3 rival any other sims best offerings.

But cool story bro, go back to enjoying your favorite sim while everyone else enjoys theirs.

It may just be my lack of talent but the two Brazil SC 20 and 21 models I find spinout on slow turns far too easily. For example going left onto the start/finish straight at Bathurst in second gear barely touch the loud pedal and I'm facing the other way. The 20!9 model is one of my favourite cars in AMS2 I just can't get on with the newer ones. Also the cockpit view on the 20/21 cars with that box that looks like a sun visor, it may be based on the real model but it just gets in the way. I do like AMS2 by the way so just my thoughts not hating on the game.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back