Automobilista 2 | StockCar 2021 Headlines New Hotfix Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have been busy once again, deploying another new hotfix update for the Automobilista 2 racing simulation.

The new hotfix build, deployed on Tuesday evening addresses a number of aspects of the simulation during this stage of ongoing development, focusing on fixes and tweaks around hot topic subjects such as AI, physics and force feedback behaviours within the title.

On the content front, the new update also introduces the latest season of the Brazilian StockCar Series - the premium national championship in Brazil and some of the most enjoyable cars in modern sim racing. The new 2021 content has been made available for free to owners of the simulation.

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

V1.1.2.5 Hotfix Notes:

CONTENT

• Added Stock Car 2021 series

UI & HUD
  • Fixed AI name occasionally disappearing from list in session timing board
  • Fixed name text being partially clipped in session timing board
  • Added missing DRS on trackmaps of circuits featuring DRS zones (Azure, Hockenheim, Imola, Kansai, Montreal, Nurburgring, Silverstone, Spa-Francorchamps, Spielberg)

PHYSICS & FFB
  • Further tweaks and cleanup of new TrueForce device and Logitech sdk support
  • Added pneumatic trail, caster trail, rar wheels forces as customizable variables FFB script
  • Fixed in-session per vehicle FFB adjustments not being maintained when restarting a sessionRevised F-Retro tires
  • Minor tire tread adjustments for F-Vintage, F-Trainer, GT3, P1, intermediate & wet compounds
  • Initial pass on tire wear revisions for various compounds (WIP)
  • Adjusted splitter / Front Wing height sensitivity for Group A, F-Vintage, F-Classic, Copa Classic, Hot Cars, Ginetta G58, Camaro GT4R, F-Trainer, Superkart, ARC Camaro
  • Corrected error on Opala differentials introduced in the previous build which led to it not being fully open
  • Adjusted Ginetta G58 damper rates
  • Adjusted pneumatic trail for Porsches & F-Vintages
  • Reduced pitch & yaw sensitivity for Group C cars
  • Adjusted Procar default rear ARB & clutch setting
  • Minor timing adjustments to F-Ultimate gearbox

AI
  • Further callibration of AI wet weather performance
  • Further customized AI brake distance offsets per car
  • Minor Bathurst AI Grip adjustments

AUDIO
  • Updated SprintRace transmission whine
  • Updated Porsche 911 GT1 engine & turbo sound
  • Updated McLaren F1 LM: engine sound

TRACKS
  • Cascais: Minor art & performance pass
  • Silverstone: Minor art & performance pass
  • Added VR trackside cams to Snetterton 300 & VIR Full
  • Added rainblockers to indoor section of Speedland kart layouts
  • Updated trackside ads for Interlagos & Goiania

VEHICLES
  • Super V8: Fixed incorrect team names
  • Stock Corolla: Fixed Brake disc visual glitch
  • Omega StockCar: Fixed the RF wheel arch edge loops
  • Fixed base windscreen textures to fix white windscreen problem on some cars when users turn on livery overrides

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

Start a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum today to get engaged with your fellow Automobilista 2 fans!

AMS 2 footer.jpg

Last edited:
Have you driven stock cars? It's exactly like a bus with torque. I've driven at Richard Petty's school, those 740hp beasts, and it's meant to go around a bunch of left turns at the fastest possible speed... expecting those cars to drive really well on road circuit, is kind of a waste of time.

Have you driven stock cars? It's exactly like a bus with torque. I've driven at Richard Petty's school, those 740hp beasts, and it's meant to go around a bunch of left turns at the fastest possible speed... expecting those cars to drive really well on road circuit, is kind of a waste of time.
I am assuming he was talking about the Brazilian stock cars, which are an important focus of this game. The Brazilian stock cars are very different from US NASCAR-style stock cars... these are touring cars designed specifically for road circuit racing

• Deleted member 963434

i was looking for something about formula vee but didnt saw nothing...
cause just yesterday i wanted to drive open wheeler with h pattern shift aginst AI and i saw something strange at start, my car like go up at start,i thouught its harmless bug but during race i saw ai can take corners i would slip on them at same speed. also i drove slow open wheelers with h pattern shift in raceroom and i found them very easy to control but i ams2 formula vee feels like it had 300 HP instead of 100 HP it have. i changed to 3rd person camera and what i saw xD... car when standing still its rear just bounces up and down, i switched view to right side to see it closer and saw whole rear driveshaft is disconnected from the rear wheels xD its disconnected completely and its bouncing up and down when wheels stand still, driveshafts bouncing up and down and even permeation wheels sometimes xD

^This. The Brazillian Stock cars(19,20 and now 21) are abysmal.

I really don't see it that way. The Brazillian Stock Cars are surely very distinct from other vehicles but in AMS2 they are very well represented since the Early Access days of the simulator and are absolutely very far from being "abysmal"

Back in March/2020, Gabriel Casagrande - a real life Stock Car pilot - participated in a video in which he tested and shared his opinions regarding the Stock Cars in AMS2. According to him, those cars are very well simulated and really close to reality.

Keep in mind that he used a very early version of the game (the 1.0 version was 3 months away from being released back then) and a lot of improvements have been made since.

Should you want to check it out, here is the video:

Last edited:
I really don't see it that way. The Brazillian Stock Cars are surely very distinct from other vehicles but in AMS2 they are very well represented since the Early Access days of the simulator and are absolutely very far from being "abysmal"

Back in March/2020, Gabriel Casagrande - a real life Stock Car pilot - participated in a video in which he tested and shared his opinions regarding the Stock Cars in AMS2. According to him, those cars are very well simulated and really close to reality.

Keep in mind that he used a very early version of the game (the 1.0 version was 3 months away from being released back then) and a lot of improvements have been made since.

Well, the 2019 is amazing IMO, but the 2020 new gen car is abysmal...but it's also IRL :D

It really is...i mean...really. The steering wheel is more for correcting its attitude, than actually steering, it seems sometimes :D (Timestamp 1:21 for example)

Last edited:
Question to the AMS2/Brazilian stock cars experts.

Is there any difference, except the obvious livery difference, between the BSC of 2020 and 2021, both real life and AMS2 models?
Also IRL is there more than 2 models (Toyota and Chevrolet)?

I tried both season back to back and could not detect any difference, which is not a bad thing if it is how it is supposed to be. Having the complete real liveries for both season is a great thing and adds to the immersion, particularly if trying to redo the original championship since I think we have all the Brazilian tracks.

I really like that about AMS2, bringing content not available anywhere else with decent FFB and physic on top of amazing vr and graphics.

Sim racing is awesome!

Question to the AMS2/Brazilian stock cars experts.

Is there any difference, except the obvious livery difference, between the BSC of 2020 and 2021, both real life and AMS2 models?
Also IRL is there more than 2 models (Toyota and Chevrolet)?

I tried both season back to back and could not detect any difference, which is not a bad thing if it is how it is supposed to be. Having the complete real liveries for both season is a great thing and adds to the immersion, particularly if trying to redo the original championship since I think we have all the Brazilian tracks.

I really like that about AMS2, bringing content not available anywhere else with decent FFB and physic on top of amazing vr and graphics.

Sim racing is awesome!
SC 2020 and 2021 are the same car. The series features the Corolla and the Cruze, so the full grid in AMS2. :) (AMS1/2 and the predecessor Game Stock Car are the official Stock Car Brasil games)

Last edited:
Only if Reiza would be able to remove the whole project cars vibe from the game it would gain another life
The only "vibe" remaining is people bringing it up constantly.

Man, hope these changes to the stock car actually change them A LOT. Currently they are, imo, the worst car of the game, it's like a bus with a lot of torque.
I've always found them delightful. If you try to drive them like a GT3, you're gonna have a bad time.

Last edited:

Ugh, RafaBin, promo video for AMS2.

No thank you.

Yea it's gonna be hard to make me believe a todays racing car behaves like a bus with high torque. Game is still plagued with problems, which is reflected by it's playerbase. It may never recover, we are getting tons of updates but yea, maybe there are too many engine limitations.

Stock car that was supposed to be the main racing series of this game is probably the most avoided, I don't know a single person that thinks it's good.

Ugh, RafaBin, promo video for AMS2.

No thank you.

Yea it's gonna be hard to make me believe a todays racing car behaves like a bus with high torque. Game is still plagued with problems, which is reflected by it's playerbase. It may never recover, we are getting tons of updates but yea, maybe there are too many engine limitations.

Stock car that was supposed to be the main racing series of this game is probably the most avoided, I don't know a single person that thinks it's good.

The Brazillian Stock Cars are very different than other vehicles in AMS 2 or in other sim racing games. If you drive those cars like a GT3 (like @TrumpetReich pointed out) or any other common vehicle you are going to have a bad time.

Yea, it's gonna be hard to make me believe that you know more about how a car should behave than a person that drives those cars professionally but you do you I guess...

Maybe the people who have never driven the Brazilian stockcar in real life and don’t like the behavior of it can describe how the car schould behave so the developers at Reiza can adjust the behavior accordingly?
I'm not an "expert", but i can tell you pretty certainly, the new SC2020 is likely also not the biggest favourite of the real SC drivers.

The car received some changes for a reason in this update and should be more manageable and more of an offspring of the 2019 one (but less aero and very slightly shorter wheelbase) but overdriving is forbidden for a long run, basically, or you will mess up your wear balance. Driving fully on the limits on a lap will strain its capabilites and demand tribute for following laps. (Consistency of this car goes in "waves of highs and lows")

The car has adjustable ARBs while driving and it's highly recommended to use it to an advantage. (decreasing/disconnecting rear ARB and stiffening front ones can make a very big difference :) )

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back