Automobilista 2 | New Update, Loads Of Content Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have released their much anticipated new 'landmark' Automobilista 2 game update - including a whole heap of new content for the simulation.

Yes it's here folks - the new build release of Automobilista 2 and some nice new free and paid content for good measure. We've got GT3 and GT4 cars from the likes of Mercedes, Porsche, McLaren and Chevrolet, the German Nurburgring circuit in different configurations, some fresh updates to the force feedback of the game, AI improvements and a load more goodies - certainly marking this one out as a key new update in the development of Automobilista 2 since it left Early Access.

Before we move on to the update notes, be sure to check out a couple of key messages from Reiza about this build:

Release Promo - Temporary free access to the Nurburgring track!

With the Nordschleife and 24h layouts not quite ready for this release, we have elected to temporarily offer the other modern Nurburgring layouts FREE to all users until the long layouts are added to the package at some point next week.

Please be advised that upon the addition of the Nordschleife & 24h layouts, all Nurburgring versions will revert to being available only for owners of the DLC or packages that include it.

Updated Force Feedback

This update adds fresh Force Feedback developments, the most significant being:

- Damping now adjustable via in-game FFB menu *
- Enhanced tyre flatspots **
- Enhanced feedback during braking
- Enhanced road feel (adjustable via FX slider) ***
- Improved scrub effect (adjustable via FX slider)
- Effectively eliminated FFB "deadzone" around center in some cars
- Improved gyro moment accuracy
- Now using SETA patch offset/deformation for mechanical trail (much more "organic" feel on edge of grip)
- Tyre temperature and pressure will affect feedback
- More distinctive oversteer / understeer feedback

* We recommend using damping in game vs on wheel setting. Damping in game scales with vehicle, so roughly same level for all cars. On wheel / driver damping doesn't scale with wheel gain, so if you have gain too low, damping will overwhelm FFB signal.

** flatspots are currently presented in "raw" form. Given tire is split into many small patches, you will receive "impulses" as there are "flat patches" on tire. It depends on amount of wear on individual patch. Hence the note "raw signal".

*** Road feel is based on physical surface mesh roughness / bumps - which on real vehicles would be "fed back" to the driver via vibration "travelling" thru chassis and as a result will be felt on steering rim especially cars and race cars that have racks bolted directly to chassis, without any sort of insulating "rubber mounts" - take note this would only "vibrate", not "move" wheel rim left-right. Given our gaming controllers are effectievly "1DOF" device - ie. able to move only left or right, we are shaping this vibration such that it can be felt on them too.

IMPORTANT: Custom Force Feedback profiles may be affected by code changes to the FFB system and not work as before the update. If you find that is the case consider sticking to the default profile until the author of the custom alternative updates his version.

Update Notes;

CONTENT
  • Added GT3 series (currently featuring 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT3 & 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 R & 2019 Mclaren 720S GT3)
  • Added GT4 series (currently featuring 2018 Mclaren 570S GT4, 2017 Camaro GT4-R & 2016 Porsche GT4 Cayman Clubsport)
  • Added 2020 Porsche Carrera Cup Brasil (featuring Porsche GT3 Cup 3.8 & 4.0)
  • Added Nurburgring Track (GP, Veedol & Sprint layouts - DLC TRACK, FREE TO ALL USERS FOR A LIMITED TIME

GENERAL
  • Added support for overriding default liveries with user liveries (more info for this soon)
  • Updated Force Feedback system & Added Damping slider to FFB menu
  • Championship mode: Adjusted Stock Car championship rules to better match real regulations ( refuelling permitted in pitstops; use formation+rolling start; added mandatory pitstop; increased minimum race to to 15 mins to allow AI sensible pitting options

UI & HUD
  • Added support for additional UI track filters
  • Fixed incorrect label on FOV options tab when in unselected state
  • Disabled 'Reset to defaults' button in main setup screen when fixed setups are used
  • Fixed RR compound decrease button altering wrong value
  • Further reduced opacity of disabled menu options on in-game screens
  • Fixed incorrect current lap in displayed on HUD when rolling start used
  • Gaps now shown in laps rather than time for lapped vehicles on weekend results
  • Added lobby detail page to multiplayer browser
  • Extended MP player interaction dialog to include Vote To Kick
  • Allowed Player interaction dialog acces to all users (previously host only)
  • Updated all in-game leaderboards to allow access to Player interaction dialog (left click / Joypad X)
  • Fixed player name clipping on in-game MP leaderboards

PHYSICS
  • Revised tyre treads in GT, Prototypes, Stock Cars, Super V8 for more longitudinal slip & improved force combining
  • Slight reduction to parking force FFB (all cars)
  • Fixed missing autolift function in Mini gearbox
  • Adjusted Max force for MRX (all variants)
  • Reduced default viscous lock & preload baseline in cars in LSD diffs
  • Slightly increased speed sensitivity in road tyre tread (60s Classics, F-Vee, Copa Fusca & Uno)
  • Slightly further reducing lock per clutch in LSD differentials
  • Corrected rev range error in Group A engines
  • Adjusted default gear ratios for Group A
  • Adjusted F-Ultimate sidewall stiffness

AI
  • Scaled the pit exit speed by the outlap slowdown factor (this prevents the AI going offroad after leaving the pits in Taruma)
  • Adjusted AI code to minimise weaving
  • Adjusted AI calculations for enforced pitstops in timed races
  • Further AI callibration pass for Group A, Procar & 125cc karts

TRACKS
  • Added animated helicopter & drones to Adelaide, Brasilia, Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park. Campo Grande, Cascavel, Curitiba, Imola, Jerez, Silverstone, Montreal, Silverstone 2001,
  • Hockenheim (all versions): Minor art & performance pass
  • Montreal: Object LOD fixes & Minor art & performance pass
  • Londrina: Adjusted triggers & start location
  • Donington: Object LOD fixes; Minor art & performance pass
  • Added VR cams for Adelaide, Kansai & Montreal
  • Goiania: Fixed marbles
  • Taruma: Minor art & performance pass
  • Oulton Park: Fixed broken pitcrew/pitbox marker animations in Oulton / Fosters layouts
  • Added helicopter & drone animations to Granja, Londrina, Hockenheim, Ibarra

VEHICLES
  • F3 (F301) - Revised and updated liveries including new community skin; Updated leather textures on head rests.
  • Metalmoro MRX: Added dirt / damage effects + Dangling damaged parts + new colliders (all variants)
  • Camaro SS - Corrected LOD D glitch
  • Added Gol) Dirt/Damage effects + Detachable boot lid (all variants)

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

The AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is a great place to hang out and discuss the simulation with your fellow sim racing fans. Head over, say hello and come join in the action - start a new thread today!

AMS 2 Update Footer.jpg

Last edited:
2020 has been a weird year.

At the start of the year Reiza was in such a good position, so much good standing with the community that it could seemingly do no wrong. They then proceeded to pour petrol over that good standing and throw a match at it. And yes, i get that a few of you still think that the sun shines out of their backside, but for many once happy customers that shine has gone.

Steam provides all the metrics Reiza need to know that the number of sales doesn't tally with the number of actual users. This thing was pretty much stillborn.

Stick to the timetable Reiza, keep smashing that content out and cut to AMS3 at first opportunity. And don't screw it up, because this time people won't just blindly throw money at you because you are Reiza, those days are over.

the agressive "i want, i want, i want. Deliver, deliver, deliver" division immediatly moved over to the "Oh no, oh no, oh no" division.
Nobody could wait, now you have and wait again. ......... for fixes.
Well done , crowd. Make pressure. :roflmao:
haha, come on man, I know what you're saying but the pressure was applied by themselves setting specific dates/times. They need to join the Soon TM like every other dev and just deliver when it's ready.

I feel I may be repeating myself here, but since people keep wondering why we do things the way we do, let me try explain once again :)

Some of the more active users here which are also part of the Beta forum and tend to more heavily involved are adamant we should never release something until we reach at least enough of their standards, and seem to take personal offense for any piece of content or development that is not delivered to that standard. Unfortunately that´s not how things work - I run a small business, this is not a mod project where we can not release things until we are 100% happy with it; We are not painting the cistine chapel or delivering the cure of Covid here where any flaws in the results are fatal - once we have invested 5-to-6 figures into licensing and producing updates to the game, we don´t really have the luxury of just keeping things in the oven because otherwise some forum warriors will say mean things about us or a segment of the hardcore simracer crowd will feel we deliberately failed them. Even tho we obviously don´t want either to happen, we do need to start earning a return on the investment on a schedule, so we can both keep making more of it, and keeping making what we already made better. This is a racing game, and the goal is to deliver something fun and worth playing. Maybe our first release of a new car or track will not reach that standard for the sample of people who are usually active in these topics, but even for a small game like our own, there is a World with tens of thousand of players, many of which feel differently and are already having fun with the new content. And that ultimately is the point of the exercise.

Now, does it mean we are OK with a car bouncing over high bumps, or a certain car not generating enough loss of traction, or anything that has been correctly pinpointed as an issue so far? Of course not - I´m a hardcore sim racer and in charge of developing the physics, so I´m not oblivious nor satisfied with those issues. Now knowing the issue doesn´t mean I can press a button and make it go away - development is a process and sometimes that doesn´t match the schedule our business needs to run on. Does it mean we should not release the content? We see plenty of people having fun already, so I´d say not, and denouncing those who "dare" to have fun with mostly correct virtual representations of race cars as having poor standards is really missing the point.

Now here is the great thing: we can keep making things better, as in right now - we are in fact already working on a hotfix for some issues today. And then we´ll have some more next week; and then more again next month, and by then most of the issues some users find so egregious will be all but gone. Anyone who is keeping track of these monthly changelogs will know we are not ignoring anything, even if some things take more time to fix than others.

This is how we are going about it, and it was always how we were going to go about it - not everyone has to like it or be onboard for it, and we don´t expect everyone to. There are literally a hundred options to pick from in the game already now, many of which mature enough that most sim racers should be able to pick from and get their money´s worth out of. They can use those while they feel the new content is not up to par, or they can jump into one of the other great sims out there which already have had 2, 5 or 10 years of this maturing process and enjoy those - they are still imperfect like our is, but most things in life tend to be ;)

With this said, it´s back to work for us to have this update out later today. Be chill folks, life is too short :)

Last edited:

Hi! You are one of the few people who always keep their promises. If you said "Fix it soon" it means "Fix it. Period". I develop a little small products for VR, and I know how many problems even in small projects. Work calmly, the main thing is to have an excellent result, and in many ways it is already.

And place ginetta to GT4 caregory, please :)

Last edited:
I feel I may be repeating myself here, but since people keep wondering why we do things the way we do, let me try explain once again :)

Some of the more active users here which are also part of the Beta forum and tend to more heavily involved are adamant we should never release something until we reach at least enough of their standards, and seem to take personal offense for any piece of content or development that is not delivered to that standard. Unfortunately that´s not how things work - I run a small business, this is not a mod project where we can not release things until we are 100% happy with it; We are not painting the cistine chapel or delivering the cure of Covid here where any flaws in the results are fatal - once we have invested 5-to-6 figures into licensing and producing updates to the game, we don´t really have the luxury of just keeping things in the oven because otherwise some forum warriors will say mean things about us or a segment of the hardcore simracer crowd will feel we deliberately failed them. Even tho we obviously don´t want either to happen, we do need to start earning a return on the investment on a schedule, so we can both keep making more of it, and keeping making what we already made better. This is a racing game, and the goal is to deliver something fun and worth playing. Maybe our first release of a new car or track will not reach that standard for the sample of people who are usually active in these topics, but even for a small game like our own, there is a World with tens of thousand of players, many of which feel differently and are already having fun with the new content. And that ultimately is the point of the exercise.

Now, does it mean we are OK with a car bouncing over high bumps, or a certain car not generating enough loss of traction, or anything that has been correctly pinpointed as an issue so far? Of course not - I´m a hardcore sim racer and in charge of developing the physics, so I´m not oblivious nor satisfied with those issues. Now knowing the issue doesn´t mean I can press a button and make it go away - development is a process and sometimes that doesn´t match the schedule our business needs to run on. Does it mean we should not release the content? We see plenty of people having fun already, so I´d say not, and denouncing those who "dare" to have fun with mostly correct virtual representations of race cars as having poor standards is really missing the point.

Now here is the great thing: we can keep making things better, as in right now - we are in fact already working on a hotfix for some issues today. And then we´ll have some more next week; and then more again next month, and by then most of the issues some users find so egregious will be all but gone. Anyone who is keeping track of these monthly changelogs will know we are not ignoring anything, even if some things take more time to fix than others.

This is how we are going about it, and it was always how we were going to go about it - not everyone has to like it or be onboard for it, and we don´t expect everyone to. There are literally a hundred options to pick from in the game already now, many of which mature enough that most sim racers should be able to pick from and get their money´s worth out of. They can use those while they feel the new content is not up to par, or they can jump into one of the other great sims out there which already have had 2, 5 or 10 years of this maturing process and enjoy those - they are still imperfect like our is, but most things in life tend to be ;)

With this said, it´s back to work for us to have this update out later today. Be chill folks, life is too short :)

see they don't know why you lot worry - it will get sorted out eventually. edit for mine, just on that point, I put on the ultima just before at interlagos and it was night and day to a few months ago.

Similar but not the same of course, but similar to the what I may find out of ACC in some respects.

I have shared frustrations too like deleting my documents because someone said so and then not unplugging my pedals before trying to do my steering, and well, seeing that +x was ???? when it was the setting I needed, for 1 hour...

Doh. Its not like I am flying perfectly but the game is definitely really good in many respects, and is absolutely not this lost cause. I wanted to race adelaide like I did a few patches ago - but too bouncy just now...even when I soften the suspension etc a lot of those things in the f1's just bounce around. That kind of thrill is fun to me and tedious/challenging. I

YET, bathurst is a lot more usable on way more cars. These things are enjoyable. All it not lost. I will race on 1974 speilberg and the AI is sumblime - again on a lot of cars or guapore.

I understand ACC has about 30+ cars that all go fine. I got that expansion, and just realised (again) a while back I had a bunch more cars in 2018 GT3's lol try just driving the lovely ginetta for a while then finding that out there's lot more faster ones there you forgot about (one track mind). But see, all these games are a little different - a lot of cars in AMS2 are heaps of fun/good to drive.

I flip between ACC, rfactor 2 and all its high quality content and sometimes its lousy stuff and AMS 2. Its not out of place.

Could name a lot of things that improved from track art to physics and various cars. Its noticeable.

6 Months ago I did not rate Assetto Corsa or ACC whatsoever. Lame. Things change, improvements happen. Example: In AMS2 now I do not use a custom FFB profile - I use the games. I have confidently been measuring the change and have been pleased regarding the entire title.

Last edited:
Well sad Renato, although I think it's a shame you have to come out and waste your valuable time to "appease" the Warriors as you so rightly called them. Funny how it's the same names across the forums crying wolf when their voice isn't heard, they're certainly not the "experts" they like to think they are!

Looking forward to the Hotfixes, just about to jump into AMS2 myself and have some Fun - because my glass is always half full!

Was comparing GT3 in AMS2, AC, ACC, R3E, and PCars2 today.
My personal subjective rating from best to worst:
- ACC
- AC
huge gap
- R3E
- AMS2
- PCars2

All subjective, IMHO, based on personal preferences, etc..

Hope NuScorpii updates custom profile if he didn't give up on AMS2 yet.

the "old" custom ffb file (heavy messing 2.5) still works.
im using the informative one and its fantastic.

@Renato Simioni
I really didn't understand that now. Why do you have to justify yourself here and at the same time you close the thread in the beta forum? your team wouldn't be that small if you included the beta testers. We all want one thing: to make AMS2 as good as possible. As many people as possible should have fun with it. The content is great, now it still needs fine-tuning and this is where the beta testers can best help you.
But this statement now goes exactly in the other direction.
Too bad.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 50 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Forum trophies