Automobilista 2 | New 2019 Stock Car Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have issued a surprise new Automobilista 2 trailer to celebrate the final round of the Brazilian Stock Car Series this weekend - featuring these awesome cars in AMS 2!

As I'm sure most reading this will be well aware, one of the key real world licences within the Automobilista franchise is the Brazil based Stock Car series, a high power, high action category featuring some of the finest drivers in Brazilian motorsport.

With the 2019 season marking both the 40th anniversary of the series and the final year of the current regulation cars, Reiza Studios have taken the opportunity to launch a brand new trailer with the vehicles in AMS 2 - on the eve of a championship deciding weekend that sees no less than six drivers in the fight for overall honours.

Enjoy!

Automobilista 2 will be available March 2020.

Want to chat about the sim? Head over to the AMS 2 sub forum and start a thread now!

AMS 2 Stock Car Series Trailer 2.jpg
AMS 2 Stock Car Series Trailer.jpg

Last edited:
Couple of things:

- That's quite a large grid?
-- If that was an AI grid, I'd say the AI was behaving very smoothly in close proximity
- On the last lap, there were 6 or so cars crossing the line? What happened to the rest?! ;)

That said, this looks like I always hoped PC2 would end up looking. Except it's probably better in ways I can't begin to imagine yet.

Loved the music track; suited the visuals very well. And the video was short and sweet.

are the 6 drivers competing for the title

I see some things that I found interesting.

There are a few shots where AI cars disregard the track limits entirely and wander on the grass or straddle a sausage kerb. To me that looks like the AI logic hasn't gotten the Reiza TLC treatment yet - in most Madness engine games dating back to shift, the AI will prioritize overtakes over staying within track limits, and often this will result in AI cars wandering off in silly areas and just doing silly things. Kind of worried what this will mean for the street tracks.

Second, the crew guy firesuits are still the generic "Copter2" logos from the original pCars. Hope they will be given Stock Car BR suits.

Visually looks the same as pC2, but with the high contrast Reiza filter applied.

Should be a neat game. These cars are awesome to drive.

I don't remember where I read it, but if I recall correctly from the article.......Ian said SMS have been working on enhancements and tweaks/improvements to the madness engine for PC3 which reiza will get access to the majority of those if not all.
But with the recent purchase of SMS by codies I am not sure how things stand now?

But than again I could have just imagined it all lol

scroll down for dev answers

scroll down for dev answers
Thanks, I've read that before.....I was more or less questioning how much improvements SMS has made to the madness engine will be available to reiza, curious if they will give them all the goods or hold some back for pc3 ?

Lets hope it doesn`t have PC2 physics.

We already know it will have an improved version of the PC2 physics engine.

Of course, physics is a combination of physics engine, the numbers you put into the engine, and for many people they judge physics by the default setup and force-feedback. If you like the numbers Reiza put in, their default setups and FFB you should be OK.

Visually looks the same as pC2, but with the high contrast Reiza filter applied.

Should be a neat game. These cars are awesome to drive.
I disagree... you can see right away that the engine has been developed further... that looks way smoother and sharper than PC2 ever did. Except maybe for the photo mode.

Reiza confirmed that they also received the updated engine with their license.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 6.0%