Automobilista 2 | Hotfix Build Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have again dropped a new update for Automobilista 2, deploying hotfix build 1.0.5.6 to Steam earlier today.

Following on from a recent big build release, Reiza Studios have again taken to the internet to drop another fresh release for AMS 2, dropping a new hotfix that addresses several areas of the simulation that require further attention post update.

Key changes include the addition of the Nurburgring 24h Endurance Layout, various AI changes and key art updates - as can be seen in the change log below:

AMS 2 Update.jpg

Hotfix Update Notes:
  • Added Nurburgring 24h Endurance Layout
  • Added support to order Vehicle group filters alphabetically (original sorting)
  • Fixed class list scroll bar on Vehicle browser
  • Fixed helper spring implementation bug causing deflection to subtract from vehicle´s suspension travel (fixes issues with Porsches bouncing on bump stops & AI cars occasionally rolling because of it)
  • Adjusted Porsche Cup FFB max force
  • Adjusted engine compression curves for Mercedes GT3, Stock Cars, Montana (slightly reduced engine braking in all)
  • Adjusted Traction Control base slip to allow for more slip before system kicks in
  • Porsche Cup AI wet tire calibration pass
  • Nurburgring / Nordschleife various fixes & adjustments to render and materials; tweaks to outer terrain geometry & grass/terrain texture blending, car park around Youtube corner, LOD distance tweaks, fixed grasscrete material in GP segment; reduced Reduced tire barrier flickering for Nordschleife layout; adjusted some TVcameras to minimize shimmering issues (still more to fix)
  • Camaro GT4R: Corrected brake and tail lights color
  • Mercedes 190E: Fixed cockpit red materials
  • MetalMoro AJR: Fixed head and brake lights
  • Super V8: Fixed head and brake lights

Original Source: Reiza Studios Steam

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum for a place to hang out with fellow AMS 2 fans, share tips and tricks to maximise your experience with the simulation and grab all the latest news regarding the title.

AMS 2 Update 3.jpg

Last edited:
Let's see, I think there is still a long way to go, surely Reiza's people know it better than anyone ... The AI is much better, but sometimes it happens that it gets scared. It's like the opposite effect to what happened before and it's not very natural either. In handling and physics there will always be a journey to do (real life being the impossible limit) but for today I would say that it is at a very good level, among the best. Regarding the boats of the Porsche the improvement for me is spectacular, and to add that the real Porsche I think they bounce a lot. Here an example.

Room for improvement on this and everything else? Of course, that in Automobilista and in any simulator ... The good thing about Reiza is that he is interested in improving, something that does not happen with other companies.
Cheers!

Not different than in Iracing tbh: there's always one car faster than the other GT3 cars, so you'll see races with 95% using the same car out of 4 or 5 GT3 cars available.
Sharing a flaw with another sim doesn't make it ok. :) It'll cause problems offline because, while requiring different AI difficulties between classes is quite normal, different difficulties within a single class isn't! And it'll be a bore-fest online if everyone in a class race is driving the same car. The only option would be to allow all the GT3's but exclude the McLaren, which is bound to annoy people.

Sharing a flaw with another sim doesn't make it ok. :) It'll cause problems offline because, while requiring different AI difficulties between classes is quite normal, different difficulties within a single class isn't! And it'll be a bore-fest online if everyone in a class race is driving the same car. The only option would be to allow all the GT3's but exclude the McLaren, which is bound to annoy people.
Doesn't the BOP used in iRacing address this? I know in 24 hour Spa this year we had our Ferrari 458 GTE heavily bopped but managed to bring her home in 6th yet we were many laps off the leaders who seemed to be all BMW and Mercs. Maybe it's just the level of driving but again, iracing is supposed to address that but people still manage to fiddle it.

Anyway, back on thread. Although I've been a bit off with AMS2 since the early days (even though I was a gold backer) I've been very satisfied with the recent GT3 and Nords DLC. I'm finally managed to dial in my settings so FFB now has a similar feel to RF2 and not teh Project Cars feel it had (IMHO).

All we need now is some improvement to the rain graphics which are still Pcars crap.

Look at this mod for Assetto Corsa, absolute brilliant. the rain moves with inertia/G and looks and swipes like the real thing.

Anyway, well done Reiza, I look forward to your future work.

Last edited:
The performance deficits are even more exaggerated at high-altitude tracks like Kyalami and Ibarra. BoP weights would have to assigned for each track separately, since some cars are NA and others are turbos.

Porsche's still way to bouncy for me. I'm not a hater and like most things about this sim but I cannot relate to this handling and what is going on with it. I tried a number of different (non Porsche) cars in AMS2 around Nords and then a number of Porsches in other sims and none of them exhibit anything like the same traits.

Bumps is one thing, but this kangerooing see-saw affect on my wheel that these Porsche's generate on some corners still seems way off in terms of realistic behavior.

The performance deficits are even more exaggerated at high-altitude tracks like Kyalami and Ibarra. BoP weights would have to assigned for each track separately, since some cars are NA and others are turbos.
To be fair, in both real and simulated racing the track is always going to favour one car over another within a certain class. I don't have an issue with that, it's part of racing. No need to make every car have exactly the same performance on every single track, down to the last 0.1 second.

But a performance difference of anything like a second or more, as we see here, definitely needs to be looked at.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Being unhappy about broken goods you paid for makes you a bad human being. What we need is more empathy and compassion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, no M6. They missed their original launch date by a looooooooooong shot.

They did, which is disappointing for everyone. The BMW should arrive in late November/early December. Reiza has said that the pandemic has made it difficult to get licences cleared, which has affected AMS2's release schedule. Like Kunos and all the other developers, Reiza is pulling off minor miracles when releasing new content and game updates.

They did, which is disappointing for everyone. The BMW should arrive in late November/early December. Reiza has said that the pandemic has made it difficult to get licences cleared, which has affected AMS2's release schedule. Like Kunos and all the other developers, Reiza is pulling off minor miracles when releasing new content and game updates.
But they did say the whole patch would release Oct 30 like what, 3 days before that date? How can you end up missing it by almost a whole month(if M6 does release at the end of Nov)?

GT3R Porsche with 100% slip doesn't feel realistic, it still drives on rails when mashing throttle in low gears in short turns.
Equipping the car with hard slicks made it a bit livelier for me, but some cars do feel maybe a bit too grippy.

And others feel the oposite, like the GT4 Camaro... I'm finding it very hard to keep this car straight while driving fast but maybe I just suck :unsure: The Camaro in ACC is much tamer by comparisson.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 64 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 42 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 27 12.3%
  • Forum trophies