Tracks Autódromo do Estoril

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, in the future, but for now, we want you guys to drive Mitja's v0.6 and give us feedback (since its the latest version) so you guys help us improve the track while we work on other adjustments!
I'm a little confused - is this release just the same as the one that's been around for ages (years?) and is being reuploaded so that people can identify where improvements are needed? Or is this an actual updated version?
If so, is there a changelog? I'm struggling to spot any differences between this one and my existing.
It's listed as 1.0 but you say it's 0.6?
Halp!
Thanks. :)

Can't wait to get home to try this!

I'll just leave a possible suggestion here, if I may: I've been to Estoril quite a few times lately (work-related) and noticed it was re-paved with a nice, clean, dark tarmac sheet. What If we had that new tarmac in this mod, instead of the old, overused tarmac? I'll leave a pic I took, sry for bad quality.

Once again, just a suggestion. I love this track as well, and it would better match the reality of today :)

Cheers guys, great work!

View attachment 336759
It'd be nice as an alternative selectable track skin rather than a replacement. Choice is good! ;)

Incredible track. Very high quality and beautiful. But i have a bug. No ambient shadow under cars most of the track. The wheels of the cars are as if sunk into the surface more than usual. If you will fix it track will be absolutely amazing.

I think I made some extra cameras for both layouts, I'll check when I get home and PM you
I've got a couple of balloons for it too if you want them.

Screenshot_tc_legends_bmw_2002_estoril_29-11-119-17-24-1.jpg

Screenshot_tc_legends_bmw_2002_estoril_29-11-119-17-41-57.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a little confused - is this release just the same as the one that's been around for ages (years?) and is being reuploaded so that people can identify where improvements are needed? Or is this an actual updated version?
If so, is there a changelog? I'm struggling to spot any differences between this one and my existing.
It's listed as 1.0 but you say it's 0.6?
Halp!
Thanks. :)
Maybe i was not clear... this project was removed from Racedepartment and since this was a really good project i contacted the original author to give us the latest files and continue the project for him, and with this, the community can download again the 0.6v from racedepartment while we improve to the 2.0v.

This has been a favourite track for a long time.
Thank you for bringing it to us :)

There's a problem though:

It's one I'm getting with this Estoril (and its older version which I have had for a while) which I get with a few other mod tracks: the painted white lines (not the kerbs) that run along the edges of the track can't have shadows cast on them. I think it's cos they're actually above the imprint of the shadow. It's noticeable when a car in front go over one of these white lines.

The recent, and excellent, Kyalami 2016 had this problem too (for me, at least) which Prototype managed to fix.

I mentioned it here in that thread.

I hope you can have a look at fixing it.

EDIT: I just checked Okayama: I'm getting the same problem there.

ANOTHER EDIT: Just checked Chang. I'm getting the same problem there :( (that's one of the very best tracks there is)

Last edited:
How not? I see them just fine. But thats maybe some tweaks in kseditor, nothing more.
See my attached screenshot (link), the skidmark that goes under the right side of the diffusor remains much brighter than the tarmac zone under shadow.

It's the same small issue you've had in okayama, before skidmarks and groove were on separate kn5s: link
It was then successfully fixed:
Screenshot_dallara_f312_okayama_29-11-119-21-54-42.jpg

Hope this explains, thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back