Audi Sport TT Cup 2016 Coming to RaceRoom

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Audi Sport TT Cup 2016 3.jpg

Sector3 Studios have announced the 2016 edition of the popular Audi Sport TT Cup will be heading to RaceRoom Racing Experience.

The TT Cup season 2015 is already represented in RaceRoom, however as the new championship matured into 2016 the cars have received a couple of model changes and of course a host of new liveries that represent the teams and drivers of the 2016 racing season.

Sector3 have been hard at work refining the driving experience with these cars, benefitting from access to real life telemetry from the series, and the support of 19 year old TT Cup driver Simon Larsson who has helped the studio refine the driving characteristics of the new cars. The current TT Cup cars are already popular within the RaceRoom title, the new for 2016 edition should provide an interesting comparison as Sector3 promise an overhauled physics pass on the series. With laptimes now more closely matching the real world events, the team have confirmed "significant changes" to the driving physics.

No exact release date has been made available for the 2016 Audi Sport TT Cup, but the studio have confirmed release should be "very soon".

R3E Audi Sport TT Cup.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the best community discussion, latest news and downloads as well as our packed club racing events.

R3E Audi Sport TT Cup 2016 2.jpg R3E Audi Sport TT Cup 2016 4.jpg

Are you looking forward to the 2016 edition of the Audi Sport TT Cup? What is your favourite car in R3E? Let us know in the comments section below!

in my opinion when you as a developer licence a series , ie 2015 audi TT ; 20xx F1 you get the right to build and have the skins for that year , so next year you pay again for the series and you update or rebuild the car model and rebuild the data from that year + new modification; skins etc

and we arent talking 40+ dollars , euros etc , we are talking a few dollars/euros etc ..

but thats me and my opinion , for the cost of a starbucks coffee that last half an hour and lets you use the wifi .....

Andi

You're not wrong Andi, I personally just find the Audi TT cup car very bland and a pretty darn big offender on the generic display side, but if you like it, yeah the pricetag isn't a big deal.

Outside of maybe the F1 series, name another sim that makes you buy cars by model year? Imagine if Project Cars or Assetto Corsa made you buy a 2017 Pagani in order to get the latest physics and paint scheme instead of updating the car you bought in 2016.....
There literally is no other racing sim that actually recreates any real life racing series, so this question is pretty pointless. Apart from that, Sector3 has done lots of updates to their older generic content.

in my opinion when you as a developer licence a series , ie 2015 audi TT ; 20xx F1 you get the right to build and have the skins for that year , so next year you pay again for the series and you update or rebuild the car model and rebuild the data from that year + new modification; skins etc

and we arent talking 40+ dollars , euros etc , we are talking a few dollars/euros etc ..

but thats me and my opinion , for the cost of a starbucks coffee that last half an hour and lets you use the wifi .....

Andi
I agree with this, if you sell a series you'll have to sell the cars again to cover your costs probably. I'd gladly pay for that if RR ran on isi2.5 (without removing all the features :whistling:)
My only problem with this model is that exclusive deals with other sims stop Sector 3 from having this or that car in a licensed series, this really suck. Exclusive deals help nobody....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back