Aston Martin Cygnet

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
This (if put into production) will have to be one of the best looking little city cars ive ever seen.

Sky Motoring said:
Yes, you read that right, Aston Martin is building a commuter city car. And if the Aston Martin Cygnet looks vaguely familiar, that’s because behind this styling mock-up’s clay nose is a Toyota iQ.But before you get too excited about the fact you might now be able to afford to park an Aston on your drive, the Cygnet (please dream up a more evocative name, Aston) will only be offered to those buying one of the company’s supercars. As Aston Martin CEO, Ulrich Bez says: “This concept is akin to an exclusive tender to a luxury yacht.” The Cygnet gives Aston Martin owners an economical, practical yet still exclusive urban runabout.

Choosing Toyota’s iQ as a basis sounds like a pretty sound strategy to us too – the tiny four-seater is packed full of more technology and clever thinking than Aston Martin could ever hope to achieve on its own with such small volumes. Hopefully the DBS’ 6-litre V12 engine just squeezes in its nose too. Maybe not.

Attachments

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
well to begin with they'll only be available to people buying Astons supercars like buy a DBS or DB9 and get one of these free. But if there is enough interest i should imagine they'll put it out there.

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
Oh then i wont have any illusions :) No DBS or DB9 here in the garage unfortunately.

(then i need to sell my Ferrari first :D)

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
They should release it as this wooden-model, thats really eco and very green :D

Mark Birney

3000RPM
Sep 13, 2008
But they'd slap on an "extra" charge for eco friendliness, and they'll make it from ultra rare mahogany...

Best to make it from Kleenex.

A

Ariff Roose

Now its July!!

IMO it looks like a peugeot 207 and not my taste. But me to them: good luck with the chassis and economy!