Aston Martin Cygnet

This (if put into production) will have to be one of the best looking little city cars ive ever seen.

Sky Motoring said:
Yes, you read that right, Aston Martin is building a commuter city car. And if the Aston Martin Cygnet looks vaguely familiar, that’s because behind this styling mock-up’s clay nose is a Toyota iQ.But before you get too excited about the fact you might now be able to afford to park an Aston on your drive, the Cygnet (please dream up a more evocative name, Aston) will only be offered to those buying one of the company’s supercars. As Aston Martin CEO, Ulrich Bez says: “This concept is akin to an exclusive tender to a luxury yacht.” The Cygnet gives Aston Martin owners an economical, practical yet still exclusive urban runabout.

Choosing Toyota’s iQ as a basis sounds like a pretty sound strategy to us too – the tiny four-seater is packed full of more technology and clever thinking than Aston Martin could ever hope to achieve on its own with such small volumes. Hopefully the DBS’ 6-litre V12 engine just squeezes in its nose too. Maybe not.

Attachments

• aston-martin-cygnet.jpg
    aston-martin-cygnet.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 253
well to begin with they'll only be available to people buying Astons supercars like buy a DBS or DB9 and get one of these free. But if there is enough interest i should imagine they'll put it out there.

• Ariff Roose

Now its July!!

IMO it looks like a peugeot 207 and not my taste. But me to them: good luck with the chassis and economy!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 376 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%