Assetto Corsa Version 1.8 and Tripl3 DLC Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Version 1.8 and Tripl3 DLC.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released the new Tripl3 DLC package and the latest update for the PC version of Assetto Corsa, bringing the sim to version 1.8 and adding a free car and historic circuit to the game.

Update wise, version 1.8 includes many fixes and optimisations for Assetto Corsa, most noticeable of which is the work that has gone on under the hood of the software to increase performance of the title while at the same time adding significant improvements to the reflections and shadows in game. Version 10 tyres have also been added to the LaFerrari, McLaren P1, Pagani Huayra, BMW M3 GT2, Ferrari 458 GT2, Corvette C7R, Ferrari 599XX, Ferrari FXXK and Pagani Zonda R. Initially it was hoped the GT3 class would receive Version 10 tyres to compliment the Red Pack DLC cars already running the new technology, however it appears the change in the new tyre model for GT3's hasn’t quite made it into this update.

Players should also find the Artificial Intelligence in game now respond better to contact between each other and the player, as Kunos have worked on the collision logic between AI and player, resulting in "slower reaction after an impact, for more realistic collisions".

Other highlights of todays update include:

Free Content
Assetto Corsa version 1.8 comes with a couple of pieces on new content in the shape of the sports variant to the Audi A1, the Audi S1. Lighter, faster and meaner than its tamer brother, the S1 is the latest little pocket rocket from the German manufacturer. Alongside the S1, Kunos have also released Monza's 1960 10km Sopraelevata circuit, laserscanned to be the most accurate representation of the legendary Italian circuit ever found in a racing simulation, and the first time ever for this track on gaming consoles. Sopraelevata comes in two configurations, Monza 1966 Full Course (Sopraelevata) and Monza 1966 Junior Course. Both the S1 and Sopraelevata come free as part of the version 1.8 update for Assetto Corsa.

Tripl3 DLC
Containing three brand new cars for Assetto Corsa is the new Tripl3 DLC from Kunos. Priced at a reasonable $2.99, the new DLC brings two new cars from the legendary Prancing Horse and a rank outside in the shape of the little know Praga R1. Although always nice to have more Ferrari's, the Praga R1 could well be one of the more interesting items within the Tripl3 DLC. Designed as a "Lightweight, Extreme downforce, Full-carbon, High safety, Low running cost" sports car by Czech car manufacturer Praga Racing, the R1 kicks out 210bhp from a Renault Sport Formula 2010 2.0 engine. At only 592kg, the Praga R1 is a full-carbon track car designed around a composite monocoque and loosely based on WEC LMP1 prototype style vehicle. This should make for a very interesting addition to the sim, and is personally one I am very much looking forward to trying out on track.

The Tripl3 DLC is available to purchase now via Steam for $2.99 and contains:
  • Praga R1
  • Ferrari FXXK
  • Ferrari 488 GTB

Read the full changelog for Assetto Corsa version 1.8 below:
  • New Ferrari FXXK (Tripl3 Pack DLC)
  • New Ferrari 488 GTB (Tripl3 Pack DLC)
  • New Praga R1 (Tripl3 Pack DLC)
  • New Audi S1 (A1)
  • New Monza 66 Full Course (sopraelevata)
  • New Monza 66 Junior Course
  • Improved reflection quality
  • Improved shadow stability
  • Improved graphics performances
  • Fixed Tyre Model 10 not updating Dx and Dy value in telemetry app
  • AI improvements on slower reaction after an impact, for more realistic collisions
  • Overlay Leaderboard now shows correct positions on the grid at race start
  • Fixed Laps app showing 0 as first lap
  • Fixed Race Control UI for the low resolution screens
  • Wrong direction penalty gets also time penalty
  • Added float clutch to SPageFilePhysics
  • Fixed turbolevel digital item showing a wrong value
  • Fixed various problems/timing on ghost cars
  • Fixed typo on sound distance attenuation for Lotus Evora GTC/GX
  • Fixed sample attack for BMW M3 e30 GrA/DTM limiters
  • Replay files will not reset anymore at session start (no need to rush out of the server anymore to save a replay)
  • Fixed remote cars head movements in multiplayer and multiplayer replays
  • Fixed typo on LaFerrari active differential lock in coast and small bumpstop stiffness changes
  • General improvements on V10 tyres for rolling resistance, flex, pressures and more.
  • Improved Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 suspension, should improve braking without ABS
  • V10 tyres for Hypercars LaFerrari, McLaren P1, Pagani Huayra
  • V10 tyres for GT2 cars BMW M3 GT2, Ferrari 458 GT2, Corvette C7R
  • V10 tyres for Racing Hypercars Ferrari 599XX, Ferrari FXXK, Pagani Zonda R
  • Fixed ERS power output when battery is close to 0 and MGU-H is set to battery
  • Removed ERS cockpit controls for MGU-H and Recover in McLaren P1
  • Improvement in performance for collision detection and physic solver
  • Fixed clouds when switching sessions
  • Returning to pit during a time penalty results in a greater time penalty
  • Fixed possible drive through cheat
  • Fixed blurred objects not working if speed was negative
  • Fixed hotlap mode: now valid laps will be correctly registered
  • Removed white flag: a new message will appear the moment the race leader starts his last lap
  • Modding: extra animations now binded to three channels NUM 4, 5 and 6 (group animations to make them play simultaneously, otherwise each clip will be played separately)
  • Modding: rotating object support for cooling fans [ROTATING_OBJECT_0] in extra_animations
  • Modding: series scripts added for digital speed bars [SPEED_SERIE_0] in digital_instruments

Assetto Corsa is available via the Steam network for Windows PC right now. Console gamers in Europe can purchase AC from today for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, whilst players in NA will have access from 30th Tuesday 30th August.

Our Assetto Corsa sub forum right here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for modding news and discussions regarding all aspects of the sim. We cover the latest news, offer a wide selection of downloads and of course run our superb racing clubs and league events, open to all members with a Premium Membership.

Have you downloaded the new update? What are your first impressions? Do you like the Tripl3 DLC package? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
This change makes no sense.

• Removed white flag: a new message will appear the moment the race leader starts his last lap

White flag is a far more universally known and responded to symbol than a "message that appears".

White flag is a far more universally known and responded to symbol than a "message that appears".
I'm disappointed by this one as well. I've got no problem with the white flag in the top left corner as it is universally recognized for racing. Definitely a weird decision.

Edit: Hmm, looks like this might've been a North America only thing. I had always thought the white flag was for the last lap.

Last edited:

People wrote a whole thread over on the official forum complaining that this only applies in North America, and in Europe the white flag means something else. It's not just a random change.

People wrote a whole thread over on the official forum complaining that this only applies in North America, and in Europe the white flag means something else. It's not just a random change.
Then have a regional option. I grew up in a British colony and the white flag always meant last lap.

In fact, while growing up, on EVERY TV broadcast I EVER watched of 500GP or F1 broadcast from around the world, the WHITE flag was waved on the last lap.

So this must be a new thing, the white flag not being used to denote last lap... other uses of the white flag such as pace car on track, or slow car on track etc. should not detract from the last lap indication.

ran benchmark to test the optimization pass and im very happy. almost all eye candy cranked to the max and its buttery smooth. low fps at 39 is a bit skewed due to screen blanking at the beginning of the bench. consistent fps at 55-61 all over the track. Pretty damn happy for a card that cost me $109(EVGA GTX950 FTW 2GB). Money well spent.

AC VERSION: 1.8 (x64)
FPS: AVG=55 MIN=39 MAX=63 VARIANCE=1 CPU=27%

LOADING TIME: 28s
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 (1920x1080)
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
CPU CORES: 12
FULLSCREEN: ON
AA:2X AF:16X SHDW:512 BLUR:0
WORLD DETAIL: 4 SMOKE:2
PP: QLT:3 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:3 DOF:5 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

Driving the Monza banking is great. How brave/crazy were those guys back in the day? The AI spun me a couple of times in a short race and didn't want to pass even when I was going slowly after rejoining so still some potential gains to be made there. Glad Kunos are still making improvements and looking forward to Porsche.

Hm... fxxk is almost the same as far as driving and feeling goes, as normal laferrari.

Well, what do you expect?
The car is just a bit lighter, has a few bHP more, a tiny bit of aero and race tires.
It's not like it's a different car.
And it's also not really a race car.
It's a track car for massively wealthy twats who like amazing acceleration forces.

Yet I'm fairly certain the car is gonna be awesome online.

The car is just a bit lighter, has a few bHP more, a tiny bit of aero and race tires.
It's a track car for massively wealthy twats who like amazing acceleration forces.

Yeah, but tires can make a day and night difference.

Hmm, then the XX program must have changed significantly between the Enzo/FXX and the LaFerrari/FXXK.

A gentleman that has both cars once described to me the difference between the Enzo and FXX as "2 totally different cars". Its a lot more than just "tiny bit of aero and a few BHP more.

Then have a regional option. I grew up in a British colony and the white flag always meant last lap.

In fact, while growing up, on EVERY TV broadcast I EVER watched of 500GP or F1 broadcast from around the world, the WHITE flag was waved on the last lap.

So this must be a new thing, the white flag not being used to denote last lap... other uses of the white flag such as pace car on track, or slow car on track etc. should not detract from the last lap indication.

I've been watching F1 for nearly 20 years and I think the white flag always meant "slow car/ambulance on track", I can't recall ever seeing a white flag from the start/finish flag stand. According to this the white flag is used for a number of different reasons around different series/locations, I can definitely see how this could cause confusion for gamers in different regions. So a simple "last lap" message makes sense to avoid the confusion. Definitely doesn't seem like something to be upset about.

In Formula One, the white flag is waved on the last corner and the pit straight at the end of free practice sessions on Friday and Saturday, indicating to drivers that there are drivers doing practice starts on the pit straight. Drivers are permitted to do one practice start at the end of each free practice session.

In all championships which use the FIA International Sporting Code, as well as North American road racing, the white flag indicates the presence of an official car or a competitor moving at below normal speed in the section of track covered by the flag station.

In NASCAR, IndyCar, North American motorcycle road racing,[6] and most American forms of motorsports, a waved white flag displayed at the starter's stand indicates the start of the final lap of the race.

In MotoGP, a white flag is used to warn riders of rain.

In some series, a white flag is shown from all flag stations on the first lap of a practice or qualifying session so competitors will know which stations are manned.

Looks good, looking forward to taking the new cars for a trip round the Monza Oval, I have wanted to drive that embankment since early access. Will purchase the DLC as soon as I get home from work, can't believe some are complaining about £2.99 for three cars.....
Weird decision with the white flag though, other improvements look good, increased FPS, Tyre model improvements, better collisions and stable shadows( no more flickering please!)
Cheers Kunos.

I think i've lost 5-10FPS as well with the update, but the graphics are much improved. Specifically, 16:00 with mid-clear is amazing at the nurburgring. Love the colors on the horizon/clouds. Really impressive.

I can also no longer run post processing in the graphics settings and appreciate how it looks, so that's a huge plus.

I've been watching F1 for nearly 20 years and I think the white flag always meant "slow car/ambulance on track", I can't recall ever seeing a white flag from the start/finish flag stand. According to this the white flag is used for a number of different reasons around different series/locations, I can definitely see how this could cause confusion for gamers in different regions. So a simple "last lap" message makes sense to avoid the confusion. Definitely doesn't seem like something to be upset about.

In Formula One, the white flag is waved on the last corner and the pit straight at the end of free practice sessions on Friday and Saturday, indicating to drivers that there are drivers doing practice starts on the pit straight. Drivers are permitted to do one practice start at the end of each free practice session.

In all championships which use the FIA International Sporting Code, as well as North American road racing, the white flag indicates the presence of an official car or a competitor moving at below normal speed in the section of track covered by the flag station.

In NASCAR, IndyCar, North American motorcycle road racing,[6] and most American forms of motorsports, a waved white flag displayed at the starter's stand indicates the start of the final lap of the race.

In MotoGP, a white flag is used to warn riders of rain.

In some series, a white flag is shown from all flag stations on the first lap of a practice or qualifying session so competitors will know which stations are manned.
I'm glad you've cleared this up for me. I thought the white flag meant "I surrender". I always found it quite a discouraging message. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.