Assetto Corsa Version 1.8 and Tripl3 DLC Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Version 1.8 and Tripl3 DLC.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released the new Tripl3 DLC package and the latest update for the PC version of Assetto Corsa, bringing the sim to version 1.8 and adding a free car and historic circuit to the game.

Update wise, version 1.8 includes many fixes and optimisations for Assetto Corsa, most noticeable of which is the work that has gone on under the hood of the software to increase performance of the title while at the same time adding significant improvements to the reflections and shadows in game. Version 10 tyres have also been added to the LaFerrari, McLaren P1, Pagani Huayra, BMW M3 GT2, Ferrari 458 GT2, Corvette C7R, Ferrari 599XX, Ferrari FXXK and Pagani Zonda R. Initially it was hoped the GT3 class would receive Version 10 tyres to compliment the Red Pack DLC cars already running the new technology, however it appears the change in the new tyre model for GT3's hasn’t quite made it into this update.

Players should also find the Artificial Intelligence in game now respond better to contact between each other and the player, as Kunos have worked on the collision logic between AI and player, resulting in "slower reaction after an impact, for more realistic collisions".

Other highlights of todays update include:

Free Content
Assetto Corsa version 1.8 comes with a couple of pieces on new content in the shape of the sports variant to the Audi A1, the Audi S1. Lighter, faster and meaner than its tamer brother, the S1 is the latest little pocket rocket from the German manufacturer. Alongside the S1, Kunos have also released Monza's 1960 10km Sopraelevata circuit, laserscanned to be the most accurate representation of the legendary Italian circuit ever found in a racing simulation, and the first time ever for this track on gaming consoles. Sopraelevata comes in two configurations, Monza 1966 Full Course (Sopraelevata) and Monza 1966 Junior Course. Both the S1 and Sopraelevata come free as part of the version 1.8 update for Assetto Corsa.

Tripl3 DLC
Containing three brand new cars for Assetto Corsa is the new Tripl3 DLC from Kunos. Priced at a reasonable $2.99, the new DLC brings two new cars from the legendary Prancing Horse and a rank outside in the shape of the little know Praga R1. Although always nice to have more Ferrari's, the Praga R1 could well be one of the more interesting items within the Tripl3 DLC. Designed as a "Lightweight, Extreme downforce, Full-carbon, High safety, Low running cost" sports car by Czech car manufacturer Praga Racing, the R1 kicks out 210bhp from a Renault Sport Formula 2010 2.0 engine. At only 592kg, the Praga R1 is a full-carbon track car designed around a composite monocoque and loosely based on WEC LMP1 prototype style vehicle. This should make for a very interesting addition to the sim, and is personally one I am very much looking forward to trying out on track.

The Tripl3 DLC is available to purchase now via Steam for $2.99 and contains:
  • Praga R1
  • Ferrari FXXK
  • Ferrari 488 GTB

Read the full changelog for Assetto Corsa version 1.8 below:
  • New Ferrari FXXK (Tripl3 Pack DLC)
  • New Ferrari 488 GTB (Tripl3 Pack DLC)
  • New Praga R1 (Tripl3 Pack DLC)
  • New Audi S1 (A1)
  • New Monza 66 Full Course (sopraelevata)
  • New Monza 66 Junior Course
  • Improved reflection quality
  • Improved shadow stability
  • Improved graphics performances
  • Fixed Tyre Model 10 not updating Dx and Dy value in telemetry app
  • AI improvements on slower reaction after an impact, for more realistic collisions
  • Overlay Leaderboard now shows correct positions on the grid at race start
  • Fixed Laps app showing 0 as first lap
  • Fixed Race Control UI for the low resolution screens
  • Wrong direction penalty gets also time penalty
  • Added float clutch to SPageFilePhysics
  • Fixed turbolevel digital item showing a wrong value
  • Fixed various problems/timing on ghost cars
  • Fixed typo on sound distance attenuation for Lotus Evora GTC/GX
  • Fixed sample attack for BMW M3 e30 GrA/DTM limiters
  • Replay files will not reset anymore at session start (no need to rush out of the server anymore to save a replay)
  • Fixed remote cars head movements in multiplayer and multiplayer replays
  • Fixed typo on LaFerrari active differential lock in coast and small bumpstop stiffness changes
  • General improvements on V10 tyres for rolling resistance, flex, pressures and more.
  • Improved Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 suspension, should improve braking without ABS
  • V10 tyres for Hypercars LaFerrari, McLaren P1, Pagani Huayra
  • V10 tyres for GT2 cars BMW M3 GT2, Ferrari 458 GT2, Corvette C7R
  • V10 tyres for Racing Hypercars Ferrari 599XX, Ferrari FXXK, Pagani Zonda R
  • Fixed ERS power output when battery is close to 0 and MGU-H is set to battery
  • Removed ERS cockpit controls for MGU-H and Recover in McLaren P1
  • Improvement in performance for collision detection and physic solver
  • Fixed clouds when switching sessions
  • Returning to pit during a time penalty results in a greater time penalty
  • Fixed possible drive through cheat
  • Fixed blurred objects not working if speed was negative
  • Fixed hotlap mode: now valid laps will be correctly registered
  • Removed white flag: a new message will appear the moment the race leader starts his last lap
  • Modding: extra animations now binded to three channels NUM 4, 5 and 6 (group animations to make them play simultaneously, otherwise each clip will be played separately)
  • Modding: rotating object support for cooling fans [ROTATING_OBJECT_0] in extra_animations
  • Modding: series scripts added for digital speed bars [SPEED_SERIE_0] in digital_instruments

Assetto Corsa is available via the Steam network for Windows PC right now. Console gamers in Europe can purchase AC from today for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, whilst players in NA will have access from 30th Tuesday 30th August.

Our Assetto Corsa sub forum right here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for modding news and discussions regarding all aspects of the sim. We cover the latest news, offer a wide selection of downloads and of course run our superb racing clubs and league events, open to all members with a Premium Membership.

Have you downloaded the new update? What are your first impressions? Do you like the Tripl3 DLC package? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It has taken this long to update what currently is on V10, this should give you an idea.
No, it does not:
This was the announcement on July 14th:

AC said:
Tyre model improvements and v10
The new build also introduces improvements of the current v7 tyre model, with tyre temperatures being more sensitive to initial tyre pressures, improvements in the realigning force and more. Furthermore, as an additional proof of KUNOS commitment to realistic physics, we introduce the new tyre model v10 for some of the new RedPack cars. The new tyre model follows the handling philosophy of KUNOS and offers a very similar driving feel, but at the same time is a complete rewrite that permits us to validate much better our results with real life data, hence the jump from v7 to v10. All Assetto Corsa cars will be eventually updated to the new tyre model, in the following months.

.... ok ill explain:
he said:
It has taken this long to update what currently is on V10, this should give you an idea.
you said:
No, it does not:
(which is great example of a dev going out of his way to provide some sort of information and then someone just saying 'NO you are incorrect' without any basis I might add)

Oh I see... pankyparus' "word" gives you an idea how long it would take...you must be clairvoyant then. So please share...
so to answer your question using my common sense mathematical clairvoyant abilities:
July 14th -> Aug 31st is a month and a half... and we have maybe 10-15 cars (not sure?) on V10,
so 90+ cars is how much time aprox? Insert aprox time frame here:

so YES pankykapus's word gives me an idea how long it would take. @Gergo Panker thank you for the information btw

edit: ps: let me know if you still need the answer.

Oh I see... pankyparus' "word" gives you an idea how long it would take...you must be clairvoyant then. So please share...

Hmm, I know tire model parity is a big sticking point for some people...

But perhaps those people dont exactly realize that every single sim has cars on varying tire models or with varying degrees of implementation of their most current tire model. To think otherwise may be a bit naive. This isnt exactly unique to AC and certainly not worth trying to slam them over.

so to answer your question using my common sense mathematical clairvoyant abilities:
July 14th -> Aug 31st is a month and a half... and we have maybe 10-15 cars (not sure?) on V10,
so 90+ cars is how much time aprox? Insert aprox time frame here.
First: your common sense seems to forget about the AC console version issues (as far as I can read on the AC forum and here at RD). Keeping in mind that it will take a lot of work to sort these issues out, all the rest will be put on hold I presume ?
Second: do you know how long the devs have been working on it before the release on July 14th? I think not. But I do think this should be taken in consideration too, when trying to calculate how long it could take.
The devs could try to give a timeframe, but all the rest is just guessing I'm afraid...

As far as I am concerned @xnorb posts a legit question and gets flamed for it. I don't like that. A forum should be helpful. That is why I chimed in, not to moan, complain and certainly not seeking for attention.
Not pointing at you, but just my 2cts.

console game dev team is seperate from PC dev team, Stefano congratulated his 3 console devs for a doing a decent job in the time frame they did, he just supervised and helped.
In any case I believe the Tyre Model converstions are done by Aristotelis (physics) mainly, so no, I dont think Aris will loose too much time fixing console problems since he has nothing to do with that part of the company.

and you keep saying the devs could try to give a timeframe, but if they do and dont meet it they get bashed, why would they risk more draaaamaaaa.

So pankykapus's (who is a dev btw) 'non official guess-timate' time frame is as close as we will get.

And then come the folks who seek attention by trying to put the "complainers" back in their place.

and then the folks who seek attention by pointing out the 'folks that seek attention by trying to put the complainers back in their place'.

I just got this DLC and I am quite disappointed. The 488 and FXX-K both handle terribly. I don't know if its the v.10 tires or what, but slip angles of the front tires feel way way off. Its more obvious on the FXX. Some will say its because of the big straightline speed of the car, but its not the case. Take a long slow corner and it just washes away at about 60 kph. Drive the 599XX and then the FXX-K and you'll see a night and day difference.

The 488 needs a set of street tires, and the FXX-K is lacking setup adjustments. It's also weird that the default static cambers show much more actual camber, and it's not even close to symmetrical.

Also its very hard to build tire temps which only contribute to the low grip levels.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 113 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 57 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 118 13.5%