Assetto Corsa to become second iRacing? (merged)

Why is it not fair? If someone hits you in real life on the track, who has to pay for it? Not him, but you!
See SR like a budget kind of thing. If you make contact you have to spend money (in this case SR) to fix it.

You shouldn't care too much about SR anyway.
True but when you car doesn´t cost anything in iRacing people like to use it as another tool, like a brake tester etc.

In real life as you say, you pay for damage, thus morons think twice before they do something.

Just my opinion but in iracing (or any other server that has safety rating) SR should be about 4 times harsher for car to car contact....if a license could be lost in one race people might take it a bit more serious.

And IR should be hidden...too many people consider IR to be their e-penis.

iRating is cool! Gives you an incentive to finish a race, whatever happens (and not disconnect/**** around like pick up racing).

Also cool to see how many points you gain when you beat fast guys.

If only AC had iRating...

Are you guys talking about actually banning people for not being able to drive properly? That seems like a really bright idea, watch the user base drop to 5 as soon as something like that is implemented. :rolleyes:

I think a system that dynamically tracks your crashes and position you in a certain rank based on that would be much better. I mean something like this, the game would track down certain info about your crashes, like speed (yours and the other car you crashed on), position on a track (in a straight or corner), and angle of the crash (like, if you crashed on the side of the other car, or on the rear, or head on) and also if the other car lost control after the crash.

For example, say you are in a straight following a car and it brakes but you couldn't brake fast enough and you bump on it at low speed without making it lose control, you get a slightly decrease on your rank, but if you enter a corner at high speed, crashes on the side of a car doing the corner properly and sends it rolling out of the track, you get instantly ranked as "wrecker"(lowest rank) and can't join any ranked race with a rank higher than that unless you manage to drive cleanly long enough to rise your rank back to "normal/clean".

Also, as with any feature, this should be able to be turned on or off on the server.

Doesn't really matter, Kunos already said there is no rating (safety or otherwise) in AC and it is something that leagues would have to implement on their own.

Most of my opinions about the ratings in iracing are formed from running the oval side of the service, which of course won't be in AC. For whatever reason most everybody thinks they are Dale Earnhardt and most race like they are going to get a call to replace Jeff Gordon as soon as they get to a high irating.

That's good idea, but I think that's practically too much unrealistic.
Well, in real-life racing there's many accidents but judging its penalty even by human has always been controversial. How properly judge how much fair you are in the speed and among them, I don't think so it's possible. If you feel you got a unfair penalty? it would be....bugging you already :( and you might be going to complain to kunos(pathetic):(:( and his hair would be falling out all. Compared to the effort and time to make and implement the system, it would be too hard to satisfy everyone I think. We should protect kunos' hair and I don't want to see the 2nd netcode.

Anyway, what about just ratio of no accident to total race? in your online profile or statistics. I also kind of agree with the respect to what safty rating is harsh. The ratio is just a ratio but could still be showing your skills or some your reputation 'in online'.

iRacing doesn´t have a competitor per say since it´s a completely different type of infrastructure then other games.

Obviously it will have competitors in terms of physics, graphics, price etc but nothing on infrastructure.
SRW i guess would be the only that have chosen to take a similar path.

I promise when my lotto ticket wins this weekend I will be flying to Italy to personally hand Kunos the $ to make the infrastructure competitive vs iRacing. :)

Haha, that would be awesome :)

Anyway the following goes out to all Assetto Corsa and sim racing fans in general....

I am glad we are having this discussion. It shows that Assetto Corsa fans also want a nice, tight and closely monitored online multiplayer racing structure that allows them to jump in a public pick up race where other drivers behave maturely and drive in gentlemen-like fashion. Does anyone on this forum NOT want this?

Why does iRacing have to be the only sim where this is accomplished? It's not fair that they're the only game in town for clean 24/7 pick up style races.

I urge anyone who is experienced in running multiplayer servers and lobbies, to step up and create something wonderful for us AC fans. We will support you 100% and be in your corner! If you can use the tools available from Kunos Studios to develop an online racing environment similar or better than iracing's, then you be applauded for your excellent work and we will all be extremely grateful for your efforts.

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Reddit is a website where user-submitted content is sorted via a complex algorithm, based on other members "votes". Basically you stumble upon a post, if you agree or if it seems constructive enough, you can "upvote" it and increase its chances to be seen by everyone. On the other hand, if you find a post that you don't agree with or that is poor in its content, you can "downvote" it and after other people do it as well, it will be buried in the depth of the Internet ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back