Assetto Corsa: 'Rushed' Ferrari Screenshots

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: 'Rushed' Ferrari Screenshots

Later this month Rush The Movie will be released in theaters all over the world and in the long period of waiting several sim racing developers, with matching car content in their games, have been lifting on the hype the film creates (and truly deserves).

Codemasters have tried with their F1 2013 classic edition trailer last week and it surely gives an immerse video experience seeing the 1976...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
Codemasters had videos, kunos have nothing more than pictures,,,

If this was a contest codemasters would win by default.....@Kunos, thanks for more amazing PICS, my photo album is almost full.

Awesome pictures...but...can't help feeling I'll only drive this for the pretty looks until pit stops and their version of Real Road come out in a patch, repeating myself I know but for me these are must have features and soon.

Awesome pictures...but...can't help feeling I'll only drive this for the pretty looks until pit stops and their version of Real Road come out in a patch, repeating myself I know but for me these are must have features and soon.

Appreciate what you're saying, but surely you'll also drive it because the driving experience itself is likely to be awesome? With regards to pit stops, I suspect that Kunos are leaving it till further down the road to make sure they do it right and do it justice. I think when they are introduced they'll be pretty well done graphically :D

Appreciate what you're saying, but surely you'll also drive it because the driving experience itself is likely to be awesome? With regards to pit stops, I suspect that Kunos are leaving it till further down the road to make sure they do it right and do it justice. I think when they are introduced they'll be pretty well done graphically :D

yes and no, firstly aside from the Tech Demo I have no idea whether this Sim will be Awesome as a driving experience. I'm sure it will be (or should that be Hope it will be!?) but the lack of a Dynamic Track will have major draw backs for me, that and I'm thoroughly enjoying RF2 at the moment as it has most things I want and more.
I just find it icredibly hard to go back to bog standard "non-dynamic" tracks in other Sims, maybe AC will change that who knows.

but the lack of a Dynamic Track will have major draw backs for me, that and I'm thoroughly enjoying RF2 at the moment as it has most things I want and more.

The "real road" TM in RF2 though is actualy worse than a normal road becuse it dosent work like a "real road"

- It takes ages to gain grip and then the cars are still slippy
- off the racing line its ridiculously slippy so if you are racing side by side with a good driver and you are close you cannot make moves on them as you would in the real world because off the line is messed up ( it can be in real life as well but RF2 is absurd)
- people constantly slide off the track sideways if they are on a low speed corner and its not got rubber.

In theory a "real road" system would be awesome but not until the fundamental physics of the cars are worked out.

The physics in RF2 have massive issues when you get on or happen to go over the limit and real road just magnifies these issues more.

I still enjoy playing RF2 and have spent 40+ hours driving with it , and I'm not saying RF2 cannot offer allot of enjoyment , but really systems like real road are more just a gimmick until the rest of the sim is up to par.

Mind you I do enjoy on-line qualify sessions with real road as people gradually do faster and faster laps , and it can be nice to see where people have been braking and where brake points are from the tire scrub on the road.

yes and no, firstly aside from the Tech Demo I have no idea whether this Sim will be Awesome as a driving experience. I'm sure it will be (or should that be Hope it will be!?) but the lack of a Dynamic Track will have major draw backs for me, that and I'm thoroughly enjoying RF2 at the moment as it has most things I want and more.
I just find it icredibly hard to go back to bog standard "non-dynamic" tracks in other Sims, maybe AC will change that who knows.

yeh, coz if theres one thing i look for in a driving sim game.................its a .... dynamic track.......that will really transform the driving experience wont it. .......

The "real road" TM in RF2 though is actualy worse than a normal road becuse it dosent work like a "real road"

- It takes ages to gain grip and then the cars are still slippy
- off the racing line its ridiculously slippy so if you are racing side by side with a good driver and you are close you cannot make moves on them as you would in the real world because off the line is messed up ( it can be in real life as well but RF2 is absurd)
- people constantly slide off the track sideways if they are on a low speed corner and its not got rubber.

In theory a "real road" system would be awesome but not until the fundamental physics of the cars are worked out.

The physics in RF2 have massive issues when you get on or happen to go over the limit and real road just magnifies these issues more.

I still enjoy playing RF2 and have spent 40+ hours driving with it , and I'm not saying RF2 cannot offer allot of enjoyment , but really systems like real road are more just a gimmick until the rest of the sim is up to par.

Mind you I do enjoy on-line qualify sessions with real road as people gradually do faster and faster laps , and it can be nice to see where people have been braking and where brake points are from the tire scrub on the road.

RF2s Real Road is not finished yet, plus it' the only one available so currently it's simply the best. Sure it has it's downfalls but they've set the tone for Kunos and others to follow and that's what I really like about the system, other sim developers have seen and will see the benefit of the system in their own game.

LOL at the gimmick part though, this is the future of sim racing, it's far far from a gimmick!

yeh, coz if theres one thing i look for in a driving sim game.................its a .... dynamic track.......that will really transform the driving experience wont it. .......

everyone has different opions on what they like and what they want, is that ok with you?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back