Assetto Corsa: 'Rushed' Ferrari Screenshots

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: 'Rushed' Ferrari Screenshots

Later this month Rush The Movie will be released in theaters all over the world and in the long period of waiting several sim racing developers, with matching car content in their games, have been lifting on the hype the film creates (and truly deserves).

Codemasters have tried with their F1 2013 classic edition trailer last week and it surely gives an immerse video experience seeing the 1976...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
RF2s Real Road is not finished yet, plus it' the only one available so currently it's simply the best. Sure it has it's downfalls but they've set the tone for Kunos and others to follow and that's what I really like about the system, other sim developers have seen and will see the benefit of the system in their own game.

LOL at the gimmick part though, this is the future of sim racing, it's far far from a gimmick!

everyone has different opions on what they like and what they want, is that ok with you?

If the cars drove properly on the limit then sure it would be a nice feature to have and could add depth to the racing.

obviously they are still working on it but that's not really a defence of how it is now you can only ever really talk about things as they are now whilst being optimistic that they will get better in the future.

In your op you seem to be dissimising other simulators for not having "real road" but then you overlook the slidy no bite erratic car behaviour on the limit found in RF2 which to me is one of the most important aspects of a sim when it comes to racing.

Id much rather have properly handling cars on a static road than weird cars on a dynamic road. Or ideally properly handling cars on a dynamic road !

Thats not to say RF2 is un-drivable in some regards some of the cars are more belivable than some cars in i racing or other simulators , I'm just saying that the real road seems to bring out the worse in the cars and so as a feature its a blessing and a curse , certainly not something to dismiss other sims for.

Last edited:
If the cars drove properly on the limit then sure it would be a nice feature to have and could add depth to the racing.

obviously they are still working on it but that's not really a defence of how it is now you can only ever really talk about things as they are now whilst being optimistic that they will get better in the future.

In your op you seem to be dissimising other simulators for not having "real road" but then you overlook the slidy no bite erratic car behaviour on the limit found in RF2 which to me is one of the most important aspects of a sim when it comes to racing.

It's one of the best features to come to Sim Racing in a very long time, every Car Racing fan should be wanting his fave sim to have a Dynamic Track as it makes the racing sooo much more life like. Static tracks are for Track Day fans where they dont need to worry about how much rubber is laid down, or the drying line after rain, it's much more than a nice feature it's the future and I'd guarantee other Sim Companies will eventually have dynamic tracks in their sims.

And I'm not dismissing any other features of other sims, just saying FOR ME PERSONALLY that I probably wont play AC as much as RF2 when they're out together, I might be wrong and WILL play it more and love the way AC feels I cant answer that yet can I?!

RF2 is fine for me now, I like the way it feels, the FFB is great, the physics are good, the tire model is decent, the graphics dont bother me, there's some decent mods and brilliant tracks....I'm happy!

Kunos already had a dynamic trackmin netKar Namie in '03. You can hardly call rf's version new.

I'm sure it's on their list to implement, but contrary to RF2 they try to get the basics right first: physics. When they are happy with the physics, new features will be added slowly.

Sounds like the right way.

Agreed, everyone has their own preferences :). And real road is a interesting feature. I do think that you'd agree that physics has a higher priority than RR?

oh yes of course, but my original point is that...personally...I find it hard to go back to static track sims as I'm half expecting the dynamics to effect everything and then it does'nt and I'm left feeling deflated, it's one of those features that sometimes I simply can't do without and I actually crave using.
If there was a NASCAR mod for RF2 then I'd be in 7th Heaven!

oh yes of course, but my original point is that...personally...I find it hard to go back to static track sims as I'm half expecting the dynamics to effect everything and then it does'nt and I'm left feeling deflated, it's one of those features that sometimes I simply can't do without and I actually crave using.
If there was a NASCAR mod for RF2 then I'd be in 7th Heaven!

The thing is if the cars have depth to there physics on the limit then you notice a huge amount of dynamics in subtle grip levels just from tire temperatures or nature of how tires work in real life.

If RF2 drove properly you would notice the effects similar to real road without even having a real road in terms of when the tires are on there prime and how they grip and change due to temperature.

If RF2 didn't have wonky bland car physics when driving at the limit sure real road would be a really nice feature but I don't see how you can simply overlook other aspects of the physics just because it has its "real road".

IT would be the same with the majority of cars in i racing allot of them handle very strange indeed and a real road would just magnify the areas of the simulation that still need work.

I don't think anyone disagrees that real road is a good feature, its something you would hope all sims would have , but I just think it comes secondary to having cars that fundamentally handle right on the limit or at low speed or over curbs.

Until you have cars that can cope and drive in diverse situations, all real road does is produce more unpredictability and situations that brake the physics , ultimately making the driving worse.

I think Allot of interpretation of real road will be like how people perceive car set-ups where they spend hours making changes when they are not even at pace with a default set or making fundamental issues in there basic driving, yet they will be sure the set-up changes are making a huge difference to the car and there time.

Mind you I'm sure as RF2 develops so will the car handling and then we will get to a point where real road adds to the experience rather than getting in the way of it and we will see less situations for example with cars laterally sliding of tracks in weird ways or cars having a lack of handling at lower grip levels .

Last edited:
anything to have a bash at RF2 eh GM!? here and VirtualR, same old broken record from you. I hope for your sake AC lives up to your expectations, god help Kunos if it does'nt!

anything to have a bash at RF2 eh GM!? here and VirtualR, same old broken record from you. I hope for your sake AC lives up to your expectations, god help Kunos if it does'nt!
This didn't even remotely come across as bashing, everybody is entitled to have an opinion and that's how I read it.
But, do you want to know how you come across to me and others prob. too ?
A desperate Rf fanboy...(not that theres anything wrong with that in itself), but your comments about Kunos not having RealRoad (which is basically just a name for dynamic tracks) just seem ridiculous and almost sarcastic. Grow up.

I Still play RF2 I just say things how they are , I get S**T from RF2 fans , Pcars fans and i racing fans. Often for simply stating objective and sometimes subjective points whilst also giving reasoning for them and also clearly saying that they are games that are all still in development and all have some points about them that are better or similar to other titles.

If someone makes an assertion about something it is not then "bashing" to provide a counter point to that assertion.

If All I did was Bash RF2 why would I spend time putting together a oculus rift video and repeatedly say how much fun it was ?

I even made two 1960s commentary video for it and I love some of the tracks people have made , especially the work feels 3 has done !

What do you mean "I hope for your sake AC lives up to your expectations" ?Sure I hope its good and based on NKP and the videos It looks likely that it will be. If it has obvious issues then I will clearly talk about that with people that bring up counter points or agree with people that just state the truth about it.

I have said before about the netcode issues with NKP and the fact that its half dead on-line or the fact with FVA and NKP you can do this weard micro drift exploit on some corners that you would never do in a real car. Strangely I don't get people saying I'm bashing NKP for saying that I guess because its less active people are not so protective of it.

Back on the topic in many ways I was agreeing with you.

Also in fairness to you I can sometimes seem negative about things or come across as overly critical , If we were to chat over voice I'm sure you would not read what I write the same way , after-all I'm not very good at writing as you probably noticed by the spelling :) Sorry for wall of txt

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back