Resource icon

Apps Assetto corsa quick car data tuner v2.8a

Login or Register an account to download this content
It seems that the app is too big for the 150% zoom that I usually use on my laptop, can the app have a way to resize it? Because about 40% of the window is submerged beneath the screen
Hi, at first I included code that was resizing the different windows from the user's screen resolution, but it was commented out as it caused some crashes on some systems.

Anyway resizing from resolution won't solve the zoom problem and to my knowledge, there's nothing I can do to solve this issue...

@krevett I found an issue. When you change CG using slider in "advanced tuning" section it moves entire chassis relative to the wheels. Effect of that looks like on the picture below. Is there a way to change CG without any visual issues?

aaaa.jpg

aaa.jpg

Do you need to buy Microsoft Office to use this if you do not already have Office? I am interested in this app however I am not familar with Microsoft software.
Yes it won't work on open office, it really needs microsoft office. There's a file for older versions (.xls, from 2007) and newer versions of office (.xlsm, 2013 and later). I'm not a programmer so I'm not able to move it to an exe file in another language (I know a bit of programming, but I'm not proficient enough to build a GUI so excel is just fine for me ;) )

Yes it won't work on open office, it really needs microsoft office. There's a file for older versions (.xls, from 2007) and newer versions of office (.xlsm, 2013 and later). I'm not a programmer so I'm not able to move it to an exe file in another language (I know a bit of programming, but I'm not proficient enough to build a GUI so excel is just fine for me ;) )
Alright I understand now, thank you! It looks like currently I will not be able to use your app as I do not have access to desktop excel but I cannot hold that against you. Your app looks great and the fact your making it available to everyone is amazing! I just hope I find a reason to buy office in the future so I can use this!

Could it be solved so that the program does not have a fixed size?
Because the resolution of my monitor is 1900*600 and it doesn't fit. A lot of things are out of the picture and thus the program is unusable.

@Szantai80 you can try this (it's not activated by default because there was some problem with some users)

Open the workbook
Open the developer tab (it's hidden by default you can add it from "customize ribbon" menu)
Open the userform named "CarTunerAC"
Right-click and select "View code"
Search for
'Call AdjustSize(Me)
And change this line for
Call AdjustSize(Me) (just remove the ' )

Save and launch the editor to see if it's working for you.

I may add an option to activate or deactivate this if you say that it's working on your side (i'll add an "experimental" checkbox)

Edit: Resizing windows in vba is kind of a mess, you need to use some external windows API (that's what the function does and that's probably why it does not work for everyone)

Last edited:
krevett updated Assetto corsa quick car data tuner with a new update entry:

v2.7

Added experimental option on startup for users with non-standard resolution (need to activate checkbox, experimental as it may cause some crashes), fixed bug when selecting H-shifter or paddle shifter files were not correctly edited, fixed a crash when reading some cars with ers and decimal torque values, added some kers/ers tweak options in advanced tuning tab

Read the rest of this update entry...

Little update app is now able to start a race and wait to read results after exiting.

Now need to get the app to edit/read these files and it will start to take shape! (Only using presets for now for testing purpose)

New update (I know this is not the original car tuner, but it will be included in it through a second button when I get something "playable")

Done:
-Build a database from user content folder to be read by the app --> OK
-Option to choose which tracks/cars to include in the database --> OK
-Create a shop with cars/skins from content folder --> OK
-Start a hotlap or quick race mode from the app on any track config from content folder --> OK
-Display car data from any car in the shop (traction, power, torque, weight, hybrid if available), data is set at 13% default loss of power through drivetrain--> OK thanks to database building directly from content folder

Still do do:
-Save/Load current progress from a "slot" --> should be "easy" enough in excel
-When building the database, sort cars by traction/power, etc... to use as opponents in events--> in progress
-Build events from sorted cars/tracks database (Clubman cup, FF challenge, FR challenge, and the like....)
-Read results from race/hotlap session (would need some race_out.json from people reading this topic as I'm not able to do too much racing in AC while working/coding/having a real life outside of this :roflmao:) --> need some race_out.json from quick race and hotlap events in CM
-Car tuning --> really after a stable release is OK as it would mess with user's content folder and need some work....

Bulding database takes a few minutes, depending on the number of cars in the content folder (only 692 for me on a high-end computer it takes about 2 minutes) but is only needed once (unless content folder is modified after that)

It's just something I'm doing as a hobby as I always dreamed of a GT like game but with a more robust physic engine (not saying AC is perfect, I play many sims but AC is the most easily moddable ^^ )

Hope to get something "playable" in a month or so if I get enough time for this!

Here's what currently done:

Most of the time in the video is from building database as it was done from a new folder (as if I was a new user) but it only needs to be run once (or if content folder is modified)
Data is read directly from data files and not ui files, so power may be different from what is read in AC ui but at least they should be comparable between any car.
Database also creates a list depending on p/w ratio and traction type to populate special events (to add!)
Also need to remove non standard tracks from selection (rally stages, towns, etc...) to really work but for now it's done via a list selection.
Events are built depending on user data folder

Still so much to do, but slowly takes shape ;)

Last edited:
krevett updated Assetto corsa quick car data tuner with a new update entry:

v2.8

Fixed graph sometime not showing in editor (finally!!!), started experimental work on a GT mode for AC (Warning, this is very WIP, far from being finished and playable! But anyway if you want to take a look, this is totally independent from the car tuner and will not edit any file in your AC main folder as needed data is copied in this workbook data folder)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back