Resource icon

Apps Assetto corsa quick car data tuner v2.8a

Login or Register an account to download this content
krevett updated Assetto corsa quick car data tuner with a new update entry:

Sorry for the quick rate of updates, this version does not bring new features but fix some breaking bugs (mainly with "bad" mods), and again (finger crossed) may fix "quick tweak" of data files for non-european users.

V1.11: Fixed a crash while reading aero data of a car if computed drag coefficient was 0 (probably from mod with wrong physics…), fixed some crashes with wrongly formatted data files.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Gary Nicholson please could you try this one and sees if it fixes both your errors (don't forget to change the extension to xlsm)?

For the problem with 1.10 saying there's an error in car data I found what's happening it's because drag from wings (not accounting height) returns 0 for this car, so when estimating top speed I get a divide by 0 error! This one is fixed.
For the other error I tried to convert number from files with another function (finger crossed) and I hope it will fix the "quick tweak" problem you encounter with decimal numbers!

If you can give me feedback it would be greatly appreciated as some other people may have the same bug!
You are a warrior my friend! Success has arrived. Problem solved. I admire the dedication. I have a hobby of finding promising mods that need some tweaks here or there to make them fun and this app is just what I needed. Had it not been for them being basically broken in the first place this issue may have not come up for some time! Keep working hard there's a lot of support!. Keep in touch my man

Mainly a bugfix version, got all remaining bugs that I could find (all minor bugs nothing outstanding). Now I'll try to add more to the "Advanced tuning" tab if I get new ideas!

V1.12: “Check Errors” button will now prompt if lut files referenced in aero, engine, ers, electronics and tyres data files can’t be found, new option to compress back car data folder to data.acd, minor bugfixes.

Hi for some reason I cant open the excel file without Microsoft excel not responding. just freezes every time when I open it.
Hi it seems strange as it should prompt a security warning before executing any code so I don't know what's causing this freeze. (If your security parameters are the default of excel macros should be inactive at first so no reason to freeze i really don't know what's going on here)

Hi,
thanks for the creation, very interesting.
The main problem for me is the curves invisibility.
It would be great also to have Aero Load Curve related to speed. It's just a suggestion, your job is already very nice

Hi, I can open it in excel and I select the AC root folder. But when I do to open the "select a car to edit" drop-down then there aren't any cars

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Hi, genuinely a fantastic piece of work. However, as you can see in the picture below, the car's name in the loading screen doesn't display correctly with all the lower case letters and underscores. It used to be like "Toyota Sera 1800GT-T" before I modified it with your tuner, and sadly it seems every tuned car from it has this problem.
Truly efficient tool though, I just wonder if there's a way to fix this or where I might have done wrong. It is the best if you can help me with a solution, thanks!

Attachments

• acqtq.png
    acqtq.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 31
Bonjour, j'ai essayé d'ouvrir avec libre office mais ça ne fonctionne pas, il n'y a qu'avec excel que ça fonctionne ?
Oui désolé uniquement Excel 2013 ou ultérieur (non testé avec des versions plus anciennes).

Yes, sorry it only works on Excel 2013 or later versions (it was untested with older versions).

Last edited:
Hi, genuinely a fantastic piece of work. However, as you can see in the picture below, the car's name in the loading screen doesn't display correctly with all the lower case letters and underscores. It used to be like "Toyota Sera 1800GT-T" before I modified it with your tuner, and sadly it seems every tuned car from it has this problem.
Truly efficient tool though, I just wonder if there's a way to fix this or where I might have done wrong. It is the best if you can help me with a solution, thanks!
Hi sorry for the very late reply, was not on these forums for a long time!

It's a known thing and it's explicitely discussed in the manual. For now I'm first focusing on data editing for the next versions (started working again on this).

Capture2.PNG

I selected my desired car but the curve is empty even after I uncompressed the data. Is that normal?
Yes that's a known bug and I don't really know why it's happening. It happens on my system when I disassemble the code to reduce the file size before uploading it. I solve it by just opening a car, exiting the editor and saving the workbook. When I reload it, everything is fine again!

Hi,
thanks for the creation, very interesting.
The main problem for me is the curves invisibility.
It would be great also to have Aero Load Curve related to speed. It's just a suggestion, your job is already very nice
Thanks for the word.
For the curve invisibility see my previous post if it solves the problem!
Aero curves are on my mind, now that I've started working again on the sheet, I want first to make a full data editor for more fine tuning (while retaining the quick tuning of the first version). After I manage to extract and edit all necessary value, I'll try to add curves for tires and aero!

Slowly adding to the advanced tab
I will certainly post a new update in a few days depending on my free time for testing.

Tire editing is the next step! Of course the design is not finished the frames will be better aligned ;)

Capture.PNG

If someone reads this I'm a bit lacking in AC physics files (was more used to edit rfactor cars in my younger days), what are the most important values from the main *.ini you'd like to see editable?

I'd like to be as complete as possible but I'd also like to avoid unused or non-important values here (takes a bit of time to check if everything is right the more I add to the file!)

Thanks for suggestions!

v2.1

A quick update since I got a bit of time today.

Added new editable values in advanced tuning tab (suspensions and tire compounds), modified range of some sliders, slight redesign with only two tabs remaining (quick tuning, advanced tuning), moved manual file editing to first tab, cleaning of all unused variables in code, only send a single warning message when encountering an error while reading car data (if data is missing from file or outside of the editor’s range). Editing gear ratio...

If someone reads this I'm a bit lacking in AC physics files (was more used to edit rfactor cars in my younger days), what are the most important values from the main *.ini you'd like to see editable?

I'd like to be as complete as possible but I'd also like to avoid unused or non-important values here (takes a bit of time to check if everything is right the more I add to the file!)

Thanks for suggestions!
Hi!
Great tool indeeed, I was quite happy to see someone working on this!

My only question would be ... is it normal that it's not possible to edit wings yet?
I was trying to modify the aero for a car, but the option seems to be grayed out.

Thanks!

Hi!
Great tool indeeed, I was quite happy to see someone working on this!

My only question would be ... is it normal that it's not possible to edit wings yet?
I was trying to modify the aero for a car, but the option seems to be grayed out.

Thanks!
Yes for now the advanced tab is WIP the wings are already listed but not editable, I still have to add editable values. As for tires, brakes, engine, etc... there's still some interesting data to add (like temp curves). Will try to add when I get a bit of free time!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.3%