Assetto Corsa on Three Screens

Derek Speare

@Simberia
UPDATE: Since the Tech Demo has been released, there is no question that AC will support three screens properly. My experience with the Tech Demo confirms that KS has nailed three screen support perfectly! TYVM, KS for implementing my request!

I have only one humble request for AC. I am sure it will be great in many aspects. However, I fear one area may not be like it should, and the recent screens don't augur well for my hope.

I would hope that AC does a perfect job at presenting the visual world across three screens like we see with iRacing and LFS. There the user has substantial control over the resolution of the display. NKP does, and the recent screens of AC across three screens look as if there is substantial warping of the display at the outer most edges.

Warping is common among Simbin's titles, and it's also existent in CARS. iRacing and LFS have no warp. I hope the future sees the same for AC.

Thank you,

Derek Speare

NB - if this is not the place for the post, please move it to where it should be posted :) :)

I have no idea how much work that is to implement. However what I read is that they focus on features that are most important for me and the most amount of users. Sounds reasonable to me. I think they should implement "warp-less" 3 screen becauseof the users that use it (mostly the most enthusiastic and potential fan base) and also to present in on events and so on with perfect 3 screen set-up :)

Just a little observation :)

To be more precise and relevant to this discussion, poll should have been

How many screens do you have on your PC
- 1 screen
- 3 screens and more

Thats the info you are looking for.
The fact that we have a TV, monitor or a projector change nothing. You're also mixing console with PC

76.8% - 1 screen
23.2% - Triples

82 people, only counted 1 screen users and 3 screen users.

I'm not surprised that this poll tracks closely to the one I ran over a year ago at iRacing:

http://www.interstateplastics.com/about-cut-to-size.php

(link previously posted to this thread)

d

ETA: Here's a screen grab of it:

Poll1.png

This is why statistics works so well.
We humans like to think we are so different but we really aren´t.

So instead of asking the worlds population a question you only need to ask a small percentage of the population.
Numbers might change a little bit, a couple of percentage tops but will largely stay the same even if you asked every single individual who runs simracing.

Also note the 12% who might get a triple setup that year in the picture above.
-

Just to add more numbers
magicfr did a similar poll on rFactor2 forum, asking who play with 3 screens

48 no
36 yes
4 will in less than 6 months

Would need more votes to have better accuracy, but you can add this to the general portrait.
And there's a possibility you find same people voting on different forums.

Let's hope that KS ascribes the same urgency to the matter that those of us with three screens feel should be had. I think it should be fairly evident that the user base of three screen users is larger than what some may have assumed.

d

This is going into a direction which I really detest; subliminally deploying demands. Please don't do that, be happy and appreciate it that Aristotelis of Kunos is coming personally to this place to speak sincerely to the sim racing community, sharing happily information about Assetto Corsa and the progress they're making. Be happy that Kunos is enthusiastic about their project and that they put their best efforts into it to get a solid basis running; this is most important. Stay patient and see what we'll get in the initial release; future updates are always possible and I don't have the impression that Kunos is going to abandon Assetto Corsa just after its release. I do believe Aristotelis when he says that they're as much sim racing fans as we are. This and the regular news should be proof enough that Kunos is aiming for a satisfying racing sim.:)

This is going into a direction which I really detest; subliminally deploying demands. Please don't do that, be happy and appreciate it that Aristotelis of Kunos is coming personally to this place to speak sincerely to the sim racing community and is happy to share information about Assetto Corsa and the progress they're making. Be happy that Kunos is enthusiastic about their project and that they put their best efforts into it to get a solid basis running; this is most important. Stay patient and see what we'll get in the initial release; future updates are always possible and I don't have the impression that Kunos is going to abandon Assetto Corsa just after its release. I do believe Aristotelis when he says that they're as much sim racing fans as we are. This and the regular news should be proof enough that Kunos is aiming for a satisfying racing sim.:)

I'm not one to "take what I'm given" and prefer to work to create a bigger benefit for all. Time will ultimately show us all the facts.

d

I don´t really see the negativity around it, all Derek is doing is voicing his opinion about it and obviously feel very strongly about it.
For people who run 3 screens only it´s very odd to go back to the fish eye effect.

Just imagine your own single screen being slightly morphed in perspective.
It´s all about realism really.
I fully understand where Aris is coming from and i have nothing against that at all, why/how could i really?

But for sure some discussion about the subject is healthy without people thinking other people somehow don´t respect what Kunoz is doing just because they voice their opinion about it.

I don´t really see the negativity around it, all Derek is doing is voicing his opinion about it and obviously feel very strongly about it.
For people who run 3 screens only it´s very odd to go back to the fish eye effect.

Just imagine your own single screen being slightly morphed in perspective.
It´s all about realism really.
I fully understand where Aris is coming from and i have nothing against that at all, why/how could i really?

But for sure some discussion about the subject is healthy without people thinking other people somehow don´t respect what Kunoz is doing just because they voice their opinion about it.

I service the sim racing community and there is no doubt I do. Many RD members know me. My customers and future customers have their wants from me, some I can do now and others in the future; some things cannot be done. I certainly understand the realities of what can be done and what cannot. KS has their obligations and that's the way it is.

I've certainly been clear that I have high hopes for AC and have been forthcoming with my intent and that I have received Aris' answer. I'd encourage anyone to go back and to reread them so they know my state of mind and not create some misguided inference with possible condemnation for it.

I think we're all entitled to come together and voice our points of view. Some developers are active and communicative, and there is no doubt Aris considers it important to keep as close to the community as he can. It's through interaction with their customers that any business can determine what choices to make.

d

ETA: There's a new poll at iracing where a member is asking if he should use three screens or one 42" screen. The poll was created 2 days ago with 133 saying yes and 12 saying go for the 42" single screen:

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/2020464.page

(the iRacing threads are for reference and to support the argument only)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back