Assetto Corsa: New cars, tracks and features released

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: New cars, tracks and features released

After a groundbreaking start on Steam Early Access for the new PC racing title Assetto Corsa. The development team have been working furiously on the delivering next release which is available for free for current owners of the Steam game.

The new version includes; new features, new drift mode, three new cars and two new tracks! Furthermore this free update also features several improvements....
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Try this Powers Supply calculator linked to below, it pretty damn accurate. I used it before I crossfired my cards.

When i did the calculation it indicated a power supply requirement of about 716 Watts, and I have a Corsair 750 Watt PS

In reality you almost never draw the maximum power, because quite simply everything is not running flat out on most occasions. Most games either load up the graphics, and the CPU isn't breaking a sweat, or vice versa.

I have a Watt meter monitoring my system at the wall socket. With a flat out benchmark, with the CPU and both graphics cards running at 100%, the absolute peak wattage was 690 Watts.

But that's a benchmark. The top usage in a game actually hit 590 Watts, but most games average in the 400 to 500 watts area. I can further restrict it if I want by Vsyncing to my monitors refresh rate of 120 hz. So in many games where I may get 150 or well over 200 fps if the cards were to run free (burning power, creating heat and noise), Vsync reduces the load. Or I automatically disable crossfire (via a profile) when the power isn't needed, especially for older games.

Anyway here's the link

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

Sorry for dragging this thread a little more off-topic. I should have kept the above short and sweet :)

EDIT: Just to be clear that my power readings are under crossfire, so a single card would draw a lot less.

Last edited:
My new 550 wats PSU is more powerfull then my old 650 wats PSU ... what matters is the amps in the 12V rails ... thats where the graphic card and CPU get the power ... some 650wats PSU have more power on the 5V rails and less on the 12V. There are some online calculators that tell you how much you will gonna need for a specific graphic card and cpu so i advise you to check it and read very well the PSU specifications before buying one.

Yes,now i am sure ! the Zonda setup is bugged you cannot change alignement the same way on the different wheels ! can someone confirm it ?

Another question ! where are all the ferraris ? i see only the 458 an the model cannot be previewed !

Some cars have H shifters (and the animations that go with it) ,but only shifting pads work on them (m3 gt2) !

Yes,now i am sure ! the Zonda setup is bugged you cannot change alignement the same way on the different wheels ! can someone confirm it ?

Another question ! where are all the ferraris ? i see only the 458 an the model cannot be previewed !

Some cars have H shifters (and the animations that go with it) ,but only shifting pads work on them (m3 gt2) !

M3 gt2 has a sequential shifter. There is only ferrari 458 at the moment since it is a beta...

As just been said above ...

The M3 GT2 has a sequential shifter, that's why your paddles work rather than the H shifter

m3-gt2_zps4e8d5243.png

If you have the G27, you could do the 'poor man's' sequential mod to it. Then create a new mapping profile in Assetto which uses 3rd and 4th gear as the sequential.

Last edited:
Just got another 21mb update. Any changelogs?

Early Access 0.2.1
- Fixed the PB grid being unresponsive
- Fixed the framerate limit slider not being polite to keyboard input
- Tweaked Pagani Zonda R interior engine volume on load
- Tweaked P4/5 Competizione bodywork volume and interior engine volume on load
- Added version display on launcher intro
- Added changelog display inside launcher (Options/General/View update log)
- Added more verbose logging for launcher thread activity
- Made model dialog content scrollable

Early Access 0.2.1
- Fixed the PB grid being unresponsive
- Fixed the framerate limit slider not being polite to keyboard input
- Tweaked Pagani Zonda R interior engine volume on load
- Tweaked P4/5 Competizione bodywork volume and interior engine volume on load
- Added version display on launcher intro
- Added changelog display inside launcher (Options/General/View update log)
- Added more verbose logging for launcher thread activity
- Made model dialog content scrollable

That's crazy, patching on a Sunday! These guys show true passion at every turn.

When they say tweaked engine volume on load, I assume they mean at high RPM? If so, they're going the wrong way about fixing the very few distorted samples. The gent(s) who does the sounds for A.C seems very professional, maybe he'll fix them in time; after all, it's very early release.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back