Assetto Corsa Founder Stefano Casillo's Sunday Chit Chat Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Stefano Casillo Live Stream - Assetto Corsa.png

Kunos Simulazioni founder and Lead Programmer Stefano Casillo has produced another interesting fan livestream, taking time out to discuss Assetto Corsa, answer some questions and even play a little bit of guitar!

Unscripted live discussion in a similar format to the recent 'Look What the Cat Hacked In' episodes, Casillo has taken the initiative into his own hands a released the first of a new series of Sunday evening streaming's, where he discusses points of interest in the world of Assetto Corsa and takes questions from the sim racing community. Already well know for his prolific guitar playing skills, Casillo even found a bit of time to blast out some tunes during the 1 hour 26 minute video.

Check out the full video below -

Sunday Chit Chat, Talk, Answer and Play Guitar Video - 28/08/2016

Assetto Corsa is available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Europe and will launch in North American Tuesday 30th August. Version 1.8 of Assetto Corsa for PC is available right now via the Steam store.

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding Assetto Corsa on PC and console. Have a browse through our high quality mods available to download, share your work in our modding discussion forum and best of all, take part in some of our regular high quality club racing events.

Did you enjoy the latest chat video from Casillo? Learn anything new or exciting? Enjoying AC 1.8 on PC or the new console versions of the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Kunos dont run subscriptons so its not like you subscribe to a service where you can complain about it. You inform yourself of their product and then you buy it. When you bought it you are actually on your own. However Kunos does, as we all know and its getting tiring to hint it over and over, improve their sim constantly - and still going. They have also several times listened to people (constructive feedback and suggestions) and added features thanks to it. Acting like a prick wont give a developer (human beings if someone forgot) energy by soaking in the hostile energy and fix what they shout for. Good ideas and constructive feedback (good or bad) does. "Bah, they are a company they should just take it!". No, you are wrong: you informed yourself of the product (or not...) and you bought it - you do not subscribe to a service (like the energy in your home for example). And Kunos continues to improve the sim. Chill and thou shall eventually get.

..i mean dude is thinking about making sail boat simulations!
you know how irrational that sounds? the creator of one of the best car racing physics simulations in the last 10 years retired from car racing sims to create Sail Boat sims due to community drama.

Nor has Stefano quit AC to make a sailing simulator, nor did he say in the stream that he was going to do so like Pablo suggested. Saying "hmmm, in the future I may like to do a sailing simulator, it's something I've thought about" does not equal "I'm quitting AC to make a sailing simulator because internet trolls".

I had to re-read my own post.. to confirm that I did not 'suggest' anything, he clearly says in the video (im paraphrasing) that 'a couple of weeks back he was sick of sim racing due to forum drama and was thinking of making a game nobody cared about (tennis).. that also he lived by the harbor and always wanted to make a sailboat simulation so he could try that' (he looked dead serious when he said it btw)
then later continued at 25:20:
'....the other option is that we stop developing assetto corsa and we start working on something else.. whether that something else is going to be assetto corsa 2? ...is it going to be assetto corsa with some championship license, is it going to be netkar pro 2, is it going to be a sailing simulator...?'
this when talking about that they will have a meeting soon to figure out what the future will bring and what direction Kunos will take.

So to be clear i was not suggesting anything, or said he was doing anything, i was taking information from his words.

They have a new PR person that is in charge of the official AC social media channels along with moderating the console lounge in the official forums and she will be glad to answer people with the same generic copy and paste answers over and over, so there you go. Stay off of the developers personal pages and you will have a much better chance of not being offended.
and this is exactly what I mean with anonymous punks with $100 invested ruining a great dev-comunity relation. :thumbsup:

I had to re-read my own post.. to confirm that I did not 'suggest' anything, he clearly says in the video (im paraphrasing) that 'a couple of weeks back he was sick of sim racing due to forum drama and was thinking of making a game nobody cared about (tennis).. that also he lived by the harbor and always wanted to make a sailboat simulation so he could try that' (he looked dead serious when he said it btw)
then later continued at 25:20:
'....the other option is that we stop developing assetto corsa and we start working on something else.. whether that something else is going to be assetto corsa 2? ...is it going to be assetto corsa with some championship license, is it going to be netkar pro 2, is it going to be a sailing simulator...?'
this when talking about that they will have a meeting soon to figure out what the future will bring and what direction Kunos will take.

So to be clear i was not suggesting anything, or said he was doing anything, i was taking information from his words.

You said:

"..i mean dude is thinking about making sail boat simulations!
you know how irrational that sounds? the creator of one of the best car racing physics simulations in the last 10 years retired from car racing sims to create Sail Boat sims due to community drama."

...which makes it sound like his departure from sim racing is imminent. In reality, as you can see from what you just posted, these were fleeting thoughts that entered his head due to stress. The second mention at 25:20 was merely being used as an example. He gave no indication that is about to "retire from car racing sims to create Sail Boat sims". But even so that doesn't sound irrational to me, a man can have more than one interest. And if the joy has been taken away from one of your interests, for whatever reason, then it's time to move on to another one. But if you watched the whole stream it's pretty clear that he still has joy in sim racing and he's not about to move on so I'm not sure why it's worth causing a fuss over. But on the other hand people seem intent on ruining any joy he does get from sim racing, so I guess Sailboat Corsa is probably just around the corner.

I have no further comment on the matter, we'll agree to disagree. Cheers.

You said:

"..i mean dude is thinking about making sail boat simulations!
you know how irrational that sounds? the creator of one of the best car racing physics simulations in the last 10 years retired from car racing sims to create Sail Boat sims due to community drama."

I have no further comment on the matter, we'll agree to disagree. Cheers.
i guess i should've written it like this:
"..i mean dude WAS thinking about making sail boat simulations!
you know how irrational that sounds?
MADE UP NEWSPAPER HEADLINE: creator of one of the best car racing physics simulations in the last 10 years retired from car racing sims to create Sail Boat sims due to community drama."

Last edited:
MADE UP NEWSPAPER HEADLINE: creator of one of the best car racing physics simulations in the last 10 years retired from car racing sims to create Sail Boat sims due to community drama."

Maybe he should get into games like The Sims, so he can simulate his own community drama, a "community drama simulator" so to speak, then again probably safer to stick with sailboats coming to think of it.

Anyway, we'll see what becomes of this all :) If they'd dump time trials in and made private lobbies work, some fps here and there, most of this would be gone very quickly. Even SMS managed to fix some things, sort of... perhaps.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back