Assetto Corsa Competizione | Talk & Drive Gameplay Videos

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Released 01.jpg

Check out the different weather and time of day conditions in Assetto Corsa Competizione – Talk 'n' Drive + new videos.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni, representing a first foray into the world of a fully licenced dedicated racing simulation from the rapidly expanding and increasingly impressive SRO managed GT3 spec endurance racing series.

Also Read: Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access Review

With the new game released on Steam Early Access this September 12th, Kunos have taken the opportunity to add a wealth of weather effects and time of day 24 hour cycles previously impossible with the original Assetto Corsa, adding a very welcome new set of elements many believe to be essential requirements of a modern racing simulation.

Today we check out the simulation as we go through a full day – night – day cycle, and see what some of the newly added inclement weather options look like in the sim by way of a good old RD Talk 'n' Drive.

Talk & Drive With Paul Jeffrey
In to the Morning
Racing at 9am in dry conditions, 10 minutes, 96% AI difficulty.

ACC continues to impress in the many lighting conditions, this time we see the sun coming up and watch the early morning break across the track... lovely.

Night Rain
Racing at 11pm in “light rain” conditions. 10 minutes, 100% AI difficulty.

As I say in the video, and even despite the low FPS caused by the conditions and stress on my PC, that combination was easily the best experience in sim racing I have ever had. Simply outstanding.

As you can see in the above videos, ACC certainly offers a very impressive visual experience, matched by a wonder level of immersion and feedback behind the wheel.

Very impressive indeed.

Don't forget to check our review article and video, found HERE.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

What do you think of ACC now it is finally out? Do you like the new sim? What's your favourite time / weather combo? Let us know in the comments section below!

I cant believe how many people don't fully understand that what we have right now is not the full finished build of the game. It clearly states this in the beginning of the game that its not all there and not the finished product.

pretty sure they do.understand

id imagine a lot of the drive behind people voicing these things and talking about them is a method of bug reporting and checking the "standardisation across the board" of everyones different sim setups, pc stats etc

I know kunos/Aris frequent these forums as well as other ones, so they will see the many things being said.

I think to infer that you might be the only one here or its some kind of minority, who understands what this product is, its stage its at now, its roadmap and what we expect we should be seeing, Is somewhat insular, especially given the transparency from day one, and the many, many many blogs and reports we've had on this site alone

but that's just me.

or maybe you mean the steam forums......yeah that place is just a mess

For those who want to look in detail what happen when launching the game, here are some nice videos on this simracing channel. (very good one, but in french !)

Merci Maxou !!

Last edited:
I watched halfway through Paul's video. I'm just watching, not even driving an I can't bear to witness Paul suffering that horrendous glitch everytime he turns the steering wheel.

I myself can't drive the title for now, my virtual driver kept his right hand on and off the wheel, like something is itchy somewhere down there that he needs to scratch it every 3 seconds... It's really disengaging or annoying if I'm honest. And EA won't let me turn off hands animation...

I was noan a fan of racing at night, but this model going from day to night was so great for me, had a lot of fun playing it. Ffb is just the way i like. Of course graphically it will be optimized as i was playing Hunt showdown with UE4 at he begining and still not finished game but already improved in perfomance.

I was noan a fan of racing at night, but this model going from day to night was so great for me, had a lot of fun playing it. Ffb is just the way i like. Of course graphically it will be optimized as i was playing Hunt showdown with UE4 at he begining and still not finished game but already improved in perfomance.
I agree with you except "your way of FFB liking" :laugh:
For the record Hunt showdown's engine is CryEngine.
But yea ACC has alot potencial to improve.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back