Assetto Corsa Competizione PC System requirements and performance

You have great interest in my hardware, do you also have a 1050ti?

To answer, yes I will get what I need (fps) running ACC.

I feel like my "primal money saving" will work to my advantage long term, I'll explain...
The tower is a g4560/1050ti 4gb (CUK pre build) built this year. I paid my brother $400 for it, which is a very boring story involving his wife.
I expect the 20 series launch to drive down prices even further on 10 series cards, even if that price drop takes a year. After one year of running this system I will upgrade. At that time, I will look for a very good deal on a i7/1070/1080 bundle. With my initial investment @ $400, potential upgrade costs of $700 (cpu, gpu, power supply) will put me in a high end machine for around 1K.

I enjoy my 2560x1080 Ultra Wide single screen, it allows me to stay a hardware generation behind much like my 2011 Fanatec CSR Elite wheel. It's still a fantastic wheel, I've had it for 8 years!

I just wanted to understand how you thought about this. I mean from other posts you seem to be levelheaded with a clear idea of what's what and what works for yourself, so hence the question. To answer yours, I have a 1060 6GB for like 2 years now. Play all games on max out on a 1080p screen including stuff like Shadow of the Tomb Raider and never had problems with loss of FPS but I am a bit worried however just how hard UE4 games will tax hardware.

I'd love to have ACC look as good as it can, but the new technology of the 20-series - although looking really nice - is not something I need.

I just wanted to understand how you thought about this. I mean from other posts you seem to be levelheaded with a clear idea of what's what and what works for yourself, so hence the question. To answer yours, I have a 1060 6GB for like 2 years now. Play all games on max out on a 1080p screen including stuff like Shadow of the Tomb Raider and never had problems with loss of FPS but I am a bit worried however just how hard UE4 games will tax hardware.

I'd love to have ACC look as good as it can, but the new technology of the 20-series - although looking really nice - is not something I need.

I agree with not needing a 20 series card, especially a founders edition. You have a very nice GPU that 1060 I'm sure will push ACC @1080p max settings.
I was doing some reading on other UE4 games and honestly haven't read anything negative about excessive usage or issues.
Most conversations about seem positive and folks are generally happy with the great graphics UE4 delivers.

What will it look like for owners of AMD cards? I have an rx470, would be cool to play it 1080p 60fps at medium

Kunos opinion taken from an old podcast, is that performance issues are up to the manufacturer to analyze. They (kunos) build the engine according to the API specs and send it to the API who sends it to the Drivers who tells the videocard how to render the game.

He is not incorrect in that statement, but its not 100% correct either. The world of game developing have thousands of studios, from which we learned that these optimizations are a two way street with choices to be made.
There are different ways to reach the same result that benefit one or the other, both of them, or damages one more than the other. There are considerations that can be made other than just send it to the API and cross fingers.

Both AMD and NVIDIA have a battalion of engineers ready to visit the studios and assist in the game engine building process, should Kunos ask for it.

The bad news is, that the major player in the games industry is a bully (NVIDIA), and almost everytime you see NVIDIA sponsoring a game, it will run worse on AMD, and sometimes even on nvidia cards themselves.

There is passion involved in making games, but its more about making money.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back