Assetto Corsa Competizione | New Hotfix Update 1.5.6 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have dropped a new hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione.
  • Hotfix 1.5.6 available now.
  • Various multiplayer updates.
  • Improved tyre wear indicators.

Update time! Wooop. Yes, today another small but still important build of the Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation has found it's way to the internet, via the Steam platform, and with it a collection of useful goodies have been brought to the official racing title of the SRO GT World Challenege series.

So, how about telling us what comes in the box Mr. Jeffrey I hear you all cry. Well, I would, but I like the sound of my own key strokes too much (bought a new laptop today, so want to enjoy typing a bit longer)... now, what can I write about..?

Oh yeah, what changed! Right, well, a few nice little things have been improved as part of this latest build update, as Kunos concentrate more on the small details ahead of the next major build release in the coming weeks (I'm sure most of you spotted Stefano back at his Kunos shaped desk doing some of his magic to help out?).

Cheif among the new stuff is some nice multiplayer fixes, tyre wear on wet boots and UI improvements to help indicate said tyre wear.. all of which can be seen in the changelog below.

ACC Middle.jpg

V1.5.6 Update Notes:

MULTIPLAYER

• Fixed an issue with receiving a time penalty when a car was performing a pitstop would clear without getting added to the pitstop time.
  • Server: fixed an issue in the server that would prevent the result.json to be populated by lap data when the server was restarted due to all clients disconnecting.
  • Fix to the crash that occurred with the Chevrolet Camaro GT4R on driver swap.
  • Server: fixed erroneous car visibility in certain situations with limited opponent visibility.
PHYSICS
  • Fixed an issue when a puncture caused by excessive tyre wear would compromise the suspension geometry upon returning to the garage.
  • Similarly to other puncture scenarios (pressure loss and flatspotting), the punctured tyre is now "patched up" after a pitstop/in garage but remains in a critical condition and is not to be reused.
  • Adjustments to wet tyre wear in different temperatures.
UI
  • Corrected credits page image compression.
  • More detailed tyre condition indicator in the Pitstop MFD page for used tyre sets
  • NOTE: ranges from white to black based on the worst property of the worst tyre of the set.
  • Corrected an issue that prevented dry tyre set 1 to be selected in the pitstop MFD when the car was on wet tyres.#Fixed UI leaderboard erroneously showing placeholder entry with no laptimes to show.
GRAPHICS
  • Corrected windscreen wiper mask for the Mercedes-AMG GT4.

(this laptop keyboard really is nice).

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Want to talk with fellow fans of the simulation? Good news, head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and do just that! Join in the discussion today!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
overhaul is a bit of an overstatement and all things considered not what's needed anyway.

Well, perhaps he could look into other parts of the AI then, those that haven't received much attention since release and would greatly contribute to making the singleplayer endurance racing component of the sim more worthwhile to play and me less disappointed about the state of the game as a whole (not just the great sim underneath).

I personally don't have a problem with AI driving skills overall, I thought while not a mindblowing innovation they're certainly not worse than other modern racing titles and much better than AC1. But, they sure don't seem to know tactics, they don't actively block, draft, dodge drafting cars, managing tyres, etc.. They sure don't seem to be impacted by weather to the same degree as the player. And worst of all they sure don't seem to have the kind of strategic decision making required for races to play out differently every time, allow for a variety of pit stop strategies, etc. - things that make or break campaign/championship modes that aim to simulate an endurance racing series. You may disagree but if the singleplayer aspect isn't up to the task in these regards I don't consider the "Immersive single player experience" marketing on your homepage a fulfilled promise. I don't want to have to organise league races to be able to have a good experience with the sim.

Been a few months since you and Stefano got worked up about me daring to ask what Kunos' plans are for the future of the title, thought I'd give you a chance to discover the areas in need of improvement yourself if you don't want my input. I haven't seen Kunos talk about these aspects until Stefano announced that he's working on the AI again, but here you are saying an AI "overhaul" (whatever that consists of in detail in your view) is not needed. Which I have to interpret as Kunos extensively play-tested the AI in campaign/championship/single race weekend modes and concluded it all works 'as intended', yes? That would be telling. =/

Last edited:
anyone have a issue with the ignition switching on and off continuously ?
Started today after the last steam update. cant practice for my league race tomorrow evening.
i have checked other programs and rebinding buttons etc. no difference
Have tried other cars and the same issue.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea