Assetto Corsa Competizione | New Hotfix Update 1.5.6 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have dropped a new hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione.
  • Hotfix 1.5.6 available now.
  • Various multiplayer updates.
  • Improved tyre wear indicators.

Update time! Wooop. Yes, today another small but still important build of the Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation has found it's way to the internet, via the Steam platform, and with it a collection of useful goodies have been brought to the official racing title of the SRO GT World Challenege series.

So, how about telling us what comes in the box Mr. Jeffrey I hear you all cry. Well, I would, but I like the sound of my own key strokes too much (bought a new laptop today, so want to enjoy typing a bit longer)... now, what can I write about..?

Oh yeah, what changed! Right, well, a few nice little things have been improved as part of this latest build update, as Kunos concentrate more on the small details ahead of the next major build release in the coming weeks (I'm sure most of you spotted Stefano back at his Kunos shaped desk doing some of his magic to help out?).

Cheif among the new stuff is some nice multiplayer fixes, tyre wear on wet boots and UI improvements to help indicate said tyre wear.. all of which can be seen in the changelog below.

ACC Middle.jpg

V1.5.6 Update Notes:

MULTIPLAYER

• Fixed an issue with receiving a time penalty when a car was performing a pitstop would clear without getting added to the pitstop time.
  • Server: fixed an issue in the server that would prevent the result.json to be populated by lap data when the server was restarted due to all clients disconnecting.
  • Fix to the crash that occurred with the Chevrolet Camaro GT4R on driver swap.
  • Server: fixed erroneous car visibility in certain situations with limited opponent visibility.
PHYSICS
  • Fixed an issue when a puncture caused by excessive tyre wear would compromise the suspension geometry upon returning to the garage.
  • Similarly to other puncture scenarios (pressure loss and flatspotting), the punctured tyre is now "patched up" after a pitstop/in garage but remains in a critical condition and is not to be reused.
  • Adjustments to wet tyre wear in different temperatures.
UI
  • Corrected credits page image compression.
  • More detailed tyre condition indicator in the Pitstop MFD page for used tyre sets
  • NOTE: ranges from white to black based on the worst property of the worst tyre of the set.
  • Corrected an issue that prevented dry tyre set 1 to be selected in the pitstop MFD when the car was on wet tyres.#Fixed UI leaderboard erroneously showing placeholder entry with no laptimes to show.
GRAPHICS
  • Corrected windscreen wiper mask for the Mercedes-AMG GT4.

(this laptop keyboard really is nice).

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Want to talk with fellow fans of the simulation? Good news, head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and do just that! Join in the discussion today!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
:roflmao: Keep fixing your game :roflmao: I remember a time when everything worked on release day !! Guess I'm too nostalgic and has-been :thumbsup:
The game was perfectly playable if not on the release day then very soon after. But I guess some people would rather wait 2 more years to be able to play it for the first time in its current state and would be fine with the devs never touching it ever again once released. I'm not the one, though.

However, I'm not advocating half-baked games from major companies, which is the current standard. Kunos is not one of them (same as S3S, S397 or Reiza).

PS: You must be really old, because your memory doesn't seem to work as you think it is anymore. Because even in "good-old" days games weren't always working 100%. There were patches (hard to get) or you had to live with the bugs.

Last edited:
However, I'm not advocating half-baked games from major companies, which is the current standard. Kunos is not one of them (same as S3S, S397 or Reiza).
Kunos is most definitely one of them.

My initial purchase was based on ACC being usable in Vr and for a very long time it simply wasnt, certainly not playable with a windows hmd unless you put a lot of time and effort into trying to get it to work and even then you had to put up with seriously piss poor performance, random crashes and at times a simple refusal to work, at some point the Vr sales tag was removed because of the issues.

Why over 2 yrs in is Stefano Casilas (excuse the spelling) having to give up his free time to fix an ai that only days ago he tweeted could not race? Think about it, a racing game released with an ai that can not race, that is embarrassing!

These are not the signs of a company taking responsibility and thinking about its product\customer\fan base before the dollar.

I love the game, play most days now, but spent over 18mths waiting for it to turn into something i wanted to play drive!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Off topic a little but will be on topic in a few weeks, hopefully ;)

Imagine being responsible for a racing game where the ai couldnt race ;)
It should of been flagged a long time ago and tried and tested which it obviously wasnt, but fair play to him for doing his bit now, and as a man who only ever raced online till i got into ACC, i cant wait, the ai are starting to look really good in the dev streams, proper racing.
Unraceable AI complaint is blown out of proportion to be honest.
There is nothing to "flag", it can be improved in some situation, yes, but in current state it's already fully usable for what it is.

• Deleted member 197115

Kunos is most definitely one of them.

My initial purchase was based on ACC being usable in Vr and for a very long time it simply wasnt, certainly not playable with a windows hmd unless you put a lot of time and effort into trying to get it to work and even then you had to put up with seriously piss poor performance, random crashes and at times a simple refusal to work, at some point the Vr sales tag was removed because of the issues.
No issues with Odyssey+ here, in fact it's my favorite VR sim as I can't accept cartoonish presentation of others after ACC.
Are you sure it's Kunos that you need to blame for all your problems?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

Why over 2 yrs in is Stefano Casilas (excuse the spelling) having to give up his free time to fix an ai that only days ago he tweeted could not race? Think about it, a racing game released with an ai that can not race, that is embarrassing!

These are not the signs of a company taking responsibility and thinking about its product\customer\fan base before the dollar.
AI racecraft is not an easy problem to solve, it is not like devs were sitting there twiddling their thumbs for 2 years. In fact if you check this post from Stefano, 95% of dev time was spent on AI.
I think people need to lower their expectations for magic AI transformation after Stefano "finally" decided to look into it.

at some point the Vr sales tag was removed because of the issues.
FYI the tags were removed due to a Steam error and were later restored.

VR support was being developed when WMR headsets went from none to a bunch of different alternatives, your experience on one specific hardware is not exactly representative of an entire software that is otherwise played on a different peripheral in 99% of the cases (and I'm probably being gracious here).

Also you're being very dramatic about the AI, it's a very sensitive area where a few tweaks can change overall behaviour drastically, we've witnessed these various types of these behaviour through the various phases of development, and none of that was due to rewriting all the code every few weeks.

I'm very happy and optimistic to work with Stefano again, but overhaul is a bit of an overstatement and all things considered not what's needed anyway.

Last edited:
The only thing I really am hoping for in the next update at this point is eventually the ability to have full custom liveries like in nearly every other sim. Otherwise I am content as it is (although I won't turn down any updates they decide to make of course!)

Last edited:
Unraceable AI complaint is blown out of proportion to be honest.
There is nothing to "flag", it can be improved in some situation, yes, but in current state it's already fully usable for what it is.
Who said it was unraceable, it is the ais inability to race, when an ai car is faster than anyone on track, has an off, comes back on last and ends the race last or there abouts because of its inability to race\overtake or simply pass another car then there is an issue, if your fine with weak passive ai, great, im not, if i race the ai then watch a replay i would like to see more than a procession of ai cars going around the track, there is a point in the race when the skills balance that this is all it will be, but up to that point there should be passes, overtakes mistakes and battles.
No issues with Odyssey+ here, in fact it's my favorite VR sim as I can't accept cartoonish presentation of others after ACC.
Are you sure it's Kunos that you need to blame for all your problems?
Lol, maybe you should read what i said!
I mean lets be honest its not like im the only one that had an issue with the Vr implementation when it was introduced.

AI racecraft is not an easy problem to solve, it is not like devs were sitting there twiddling their thumbs for 2 years. In fact if you check this post from Stefano, 95% of dev time was spent on AI.
I think people need to lower their expectations for magic AI transformation after Stefano "finally" decided to look into it.
95% of dev time, ok! Amazing job they did with the game with the other 5% ;)
The second post is quite telling really,

FYI the tags were removed due to a Steam error and were later restored.
Maybe my own missinformation there then, but im pretty sure the reasoning i read was becasue of the initial teathing problems getting it into game.

VR support was being developed when WMR headsets went from none to a bunch of different alternatives, your experience on one specific hardware is not exactly representative of an entire software that is otherwise played on a different peripheral in 99% of the cases (and I'm probably being gracious here).
Headsets from Dell Acer Samsung hp Lenovo and so on, were released a full year before ACC early access, the problems were all over your forums, and to a point still are.
Also you're being very dramatic about the AI, it's a very sensitive area where a few tweaks can change overall behaviour drastically, we've witnessed these various types of these behaviour through the initial phase of development.
Dramatic, no, im sure you played GP4 20 years ago, maybe not, the ai in that game on release were so much better at virtually everything ai related than the ai released in ACC, if im an offline only player and not sitting at the front of the grid where is the race coming from? Its a challenge to overtake, but no threat to me, Quote Stefano - "When i started last week 100% ai in a field of 92% could not manage a single overtake at Zolder"
No drama there, thats the truth!

I'm very happy and optimistic to work with Stefano again, but overhaul is a bit of an overstatement and all things considered not what's needed anyway.
Who said overhall? Not me, it just needed a fix, i think Stefano maybe thinks its an overhaul considering the changes he made to the spline alone, that was all over the place, on off brake power brake power coast corner str8 apex corner str8, yes i watched most of all the streams and really like the way the changes are coming along, thanks ;)!

Hope they start working on the system demands, on an i9 9900kf/64gb/2080ti it just barely gets by on triple screen, and VR is medium settings to get something blocky to race with.

That sounds like something is amiss. I have 9700k oc to 4.88 per core. 16gb 3200mhz ram. 2080ti. And I race in vr. I upgraded recently, switched the settings to vr epic, and it runs like a dream with a 30 strong field.

He was running a faster Lambo against a full field on lower strength (while logging odd behaviour in lane commitment for overtaking and braking hesistance of AI cars), that still was fighting each other way more than before, in his last stream and even with some hickups (that he seemed to be able to eliminate more and more ), i can tell you, it already made quite a difference, of how racey the AI suddenly was, compared to right now. :)

It's actually some impressive progress happening there, right now and the AI of ACC isn't bad to begin with, just doesn't race enough and was rammy, if it did (which seems to improve quite a lot). :D

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 234 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 163 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.6%
  • < 5 years