Assetto Corsa Competizione | New Hotfix Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a new hotfix update to their Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation - updating the title to version 1.5.5 release status.

Hotfix time ladies and gentlemen. The good folks over at Kunos Simulazioni yesterday dropped a small hotfix update to Assetto Corsa Competizione on Steam, adding to the simulation an number of updates and improvements ahead of the next major build release expected later in the year.

In the new 1.5.5 update, Kunos have spend much of their focus reviewing and updating the time penalties and how they are activated within the title. Following the new build update, players now a few new changes to look out for, from both a visual representation point of view to how the game handles recording of post race result updates.

Other highlights from the new build include various graphical optimisations and bug fixes, as can be found in the change log notes below.

ACC Hotfix Middle.png

ACC V1.5.5 Update Notes:

Gameplay / Multiplayer

• Time penalties issued by the race admin are now served on the next pitstop as per real life.
    Opens up the possibility of “pitstop ballasts” in organized events with mandatory pitstops.
    Time penalties that are not served will be added to the total time on session finish as before.
  • Server: fixed an issue with post-session state management in Multiplayer.
  • Serveable penalties (DT, SG) are no longer forced into a to-serve state by default when the car is in the pitlane.
    Avoids scenarios where cars can become compromised when receiving an admin penalty inside the pitlane or when already performing a pitstop.
  • Server: post-race time penalties are now applied to the final results on the session complete state.
    NOTE: Final results are calculated when the last car on track crosses the finish line or when the “sessionOverTimeSeconds” phase is up.
    NOTE: When post-race penalties are added to the car’s total time, the penalty labels on the leaderboard/standings turn from red to grey.
  • The severity of converted post-race time penalties is now track dependent to factor in longer pitlanes (e.g. at Spa).
  • Server: detection of idle players so that the race complete state (and result generation) does not wait for the session overtime to be over if there are idle cars in the pitlane.
  • Revised polesitter side on all tracks (both Singleplayer and Multiplayer).
  • Fixed an issue at Monza where the pitlane status occasionally failed to disable on pit exit.
UI
  • Penalty labels: changed background color to grey on session complete state to signify that the penalty has been calculated in the time displayed.
  • View Settings page: reduced step intervals and quicker timing for press-and-hold on position/pitch selectors.
  • Career pages now use a static series logo independently from the active series selected in the Single Player menu.
  • MFD/Setup UI now reliably shows the correct tyre data for all tyre sets used in Multiplayer driver swap scenarios even after non-driving clients dis-/reconnect.
  • MFD pit strategy page will no longer autoselect the “Pitlimiter” row if the player already has that page selected before entering the pitlane. Avoids unintentional deactivation of pit limiter when modifying pit strategy upon entering the pitlane.
  • Fixed MFD automatically jumping to pit page on pit exit if the player cycles to a different MFD page while still inside the pitlane.
Graphics
  • Various texture memory footprint optimizations.
  • Fixed an issue with the dirt texture of the Lexus RC-F GT3.
  • Fixed a graphical error on the Nissan GTR GT3 (both versions).
  • Fixed incorrect blurred rim behavior on the Audi R8 LMS cars (both versions).
  • Stationary cars in the pitlane will now become hidden when the player approaches them to facilitate visibility and car positioning with overlapping/stacked pit positions in Multiplayer.
Physics
  • Fixed currently active tyreset state resetting on forced pit speeding teleport in FP and Q sessions.
  • Fixed erroneous behavior of combined ABS and pit limiter in certain situations.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Want to know more about the sim? No worries, fire up a question over at the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let our wonderful community help you out!

Assetto Corsa Hotfix footer.jpg

Attachments

• ACC Header.png
    ACC Header.png
    758.3 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
The AI standard seems to be very low... For a NON racing game, maybe, the AI is great.

The solution for the "AI blindness" in some situations (like Monza) was plain and simple: fix it removing any "racing capability/quality".

They are fast or slow. That´s it. They can stay behind you for hours... This is great... for a "sunday driving" experience.

They are unable to overtake each other and unable to defend a position.... after 5 min, 1 h or 12 h, the AI positions on track will be exactly the same.

As long as the developers consider this OK, so be it.

I don´t even consider to play it any longer.

This is very true. The Ai never ever pass each other and get stuck behind each other. I have seen them get stuck behind the nsx and the gtr sooo many times. That's just bad for immersion. I honestly don't understand why kunos are not working on the AI. Right now the multiplayer is not on iracing level so of you want an immersive race you gotta join a league or race offline. Honestly, if they made the AI better this game could be sooo much better. This whole eSports thing is sooo overrated. There are already so many pages and topics on the official forum and yet kunos doesn't bat an eye. This game is already amazing but it can be made sooo much better with some tweaks.

Take a look at this vid. I’m driving at 95AI and 100% aggression. This is the most aggressive setting possible. I run out of gas at the top of the hill and pull off the racing line and they all check up and struggle to pass. Then they bump me down the back stretch.
I don't think 'poor' is the right word, more like 'incomplete'. It lacks a AI routine to accommodate car failure as in your case - running out of gas. If you guys write it to Kunos in a way that makes sense to their programmers then I'm sure they'll fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I always play at 100% aggression and have zero problems with that AI punting me.

In fact, that's the problem, they are way too passive. They let you pass once you get anywhere near them and then never try to overtake. It sounds like it was a conscious choice and I wish they went the other way. I'd rather be punted occasionally then never have someone try to overtake me.
They overtake me. Maybe you're not driving slow enough?

Silent update (ie: no changelog modification) on ACC this morning. (370MB)

edit :
from assetto corsa forum :
- fixes a specific issue where a results dump would contain an empty leaderboard if the session is reset by all players leaving the server.

Last edited:
Why no disagree button in RD? Ai give up position to easily but hardly worst in class! I never get punted in ACC, maybe your just to slow for your Ai difficulty?
For reference I play at 97/75.

Actually I have found out what the issue seems to be for me. I actually had the AI too slow, and not too fast. It looks like it is not just an aggressive setup, but a combination of AI Difficulty/Aggression. I was being held up by the cars in front of me, and this was causing the AI behind me to run up on me, and give me a good punt. Something I also noticed when I increased the AI difficulty, is it seemed to reduce the stack-up in corners, and spreads them out, and this reduced the crowding of the 25 cars I usually race with. IMO this is still an issue as the AI should have awareness not to punt, but at least I can race now without it being such an issue.

Great game, just needs more polish, optimization and content.
Would love to see the TC America series come to the title as it would give me another reason to fire up the game more often.
Currently Raceroom is the only decent solution for touring cars but lacks so many tech features compared to all the other sims.
Not being a huge GT3 fan and personally I enjoy the GT4s better, yet hardly anyone drives them....it becomes a bit repetitive, constantly seeing GT3 at the same tracks in every sim.

AMS2 GT pack is going to change that. :roflmao:
Lol
Honestly, not really looking forward to that DLC...on the upside I believe it's free so I can't really complain.
Tho I am curious which cars it will be and if it's a licensed series or just a random bunch like PC2?
It's just gonna get compared to ACC and who does what better... Followed by we need Spa and Monza etc. etc

Last edited:
but what i have really enjoyed is Stefano's streams in trying to fix this. I appreciate that guy has a conscience about the AI he originally built and i respect that!
Yes and watching the changes in ai behaviour during those streams was really impressive, from weak, passive and scared to make a move to more confident controlled overtakes and then the really aggressive attempts where ai shouldnt be trying them at all, but in that a fast human player would be trying to pass anywhere, so why not the ai.
A balance between the latter two would be a really big step up from what we have right now.

Edit - But after watching the streams and how simple little changes were to make you have to wonder why the ai was left as it is knowing it could be so much better.

Last edited:
Because as soon as somebody gets hit from the ai they cry about it being the worst thing ever.
For me it has nothing to do with being hit by the ai, it is about their inability to race, something that is acknowledged more than once during those streams, and as racers the ai are absolutely shocking, being able to drive around a track fast is not racing, the ai do this well, they dont race well!

• Deleted member 197115

I must be a horrible driver then as AI races, fights with, and overtakes me all the times, more often than I dare to overtake them.
What will happen after update, I wonder.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my opinion, and based on my personal observation.

This is what I have seen this from the AI. (I am sure I am forgetting some things)

1. AI rarely passes each other, or fights for position. Although I will occasionally see a single car at the back that will be uber aggressive (and unrealistically fast) to the point of cutting the track to get around other AI opponents. Typically only seen if you watch replay away from your car.
2. I find they do fight with me for position, and do try and pass me. This makes for some fun racing.
3. In the ~150 hours I have played so far I have seen one AI on AI accident. IMO that isn't realistic.
4. Punting is insanely bad if you don't have your AI/Aggressive settings just right (Which I think I do now...Thanks to @Andrew_WOT, and some others). IMO that is a work around, so needs to be fixed. If I race on 70% or 100% if I am in the driving line the AI wants to pass he should battle me for position, and not punt me as if I am not there. If I want this, I can drive Forza Motorsport (However, I confess I like Forza and really like unlocking cars. I know I am not a true sim racer ;)).
5. One thing that isn't really AI specially except they are involved in the "collision". I have had several times where I am no where near an AI car, and ACC flashes on the screen that I have had a collision with another car. Wouldn't care much except it does hit your SA rating.

I think the issues may seem exaggerated for me as I have been playing a lot of Automobilista 2 lately, and they have gone from one of the worst AI's ever to one that is actually rather good. It still needs work, but you see them battle for position with each other. They almost never punt you unless you did something to cause it. They go around you, typically in a good battle of true racing, if you are in the driving line. And they actually wreck each other on occasion while battling where you have to avoid being caught up in the accident. It is little things like this that pull you into the sim. As someone who is strictly racing offline, the AI very important to my enjoyment.

No AI is perfect, and ACC is one of my all time favorite sims. Maybe even my favorite. But the AI is fare from realistic, and if I was an online only (or mostly) racer I probably wouldn't care as much, but I am not so a realistic AI is a game changer for me.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back