Assetto Corsa Competizione: New Helicam Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Helicam 3.jpg

ACC releases tomorrow! Prior to deployment to PC's around the world - check out these new Helicam preview images...

Yup, for V1 we are set to get a nice new bunch of cameras for marvelling at our in game racing exploits... Helicam!

You got it, a camera mounted on a helicopter that circulates the track and captures all the racing action unfolding from your racing adventures. A nice inclusion to the full version of the game and something that will add yet more depth to the reply functionality and broadcast capabilities of ACC, this might not sound like much, but its a very cool inclusion in Assetto Corsa Competizione and something I'm looking forward to seeing more of when I get my hands on the new build tonight.

ACC Helicam 4.jpg
ACC Helicam 1.jpg
ACC Helicam 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione releases to Steam on Wednesday 29th May 2019.

The Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion about this awesome simulation. Head over to engage with your fellow sim racing fans, and why not take in a race or two with our ACC Racing Club? Good, clean and fun online racing to be had by all!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

How much of a pile of **** of optimization is this game? I've deleted all files, done a clean installation from scratch, latest Nvidia drivers. I have a i7 6700K and a GTX1070, for the sake of I've tried 1024x768p at low setting, resolution 70% and barely get 90fps alone. What a joke. 35fps at 1440p high settings. Am I the only one?
I have the same I7-6700K, GTX1070 with latest Nvidia drivers and 16GB of RAM, all at high and epic settings at 1440p with around 70fps; maxed at about 40 fps. All of this on hotlap so far.

Game is running like crap for me in VR it could actually be less optimized than DCS in VR & could take the crown of worst running game. The ability to alter the contrast & light in the game is a help regarding the colour balance & contrast in VR. I'm still running up against the same frustrations. Menus cut into 3d models, can't bind a button to vr reset, sound starts in my rift but then cuts into me external speakers when it loads into the menu, car textures load slowly, when choosing a car the camera is still positioned into the wall, no mouse support, blurry, jaggies or 10 fps, fences and some curbs look flat like they only render in one eye is very distracting. Version 1.0 probably a good time to clean install it.

Oh & it crashed, sound went dead for 10 seconds then it just froze.

I'm having great performance in VR with an i9-9900K and 1080Ti. It even seems to be spreading the load out pretty well between 8 of the cores.

I had ultra settings and my 1080Ti was running about 59% My CPU wasn't even breathing hard.

However I was only in practice mode playing around. I didn't have any AI's on the track.

Last edited:
Very good addition.

Often wondered, why don't they use drones instead of helicopters to film motorsport these days? Would save loads of fuel (maybe enough to go back to v10s in F1) and it would be safer.
Helicopters are incredibly dangerous things.

Just crashed my PC to bluescreen my RTX 2080 was on fire could have fried an egg on it,
ultra settings 5760x1080, RTX 2080, 65GB Hyper X RGB, I7-9700K 8 cores watercooled,
play any other game does not even get that hot, 40 minutes ingame and crashed everything,

anyways I found a bug at monza if you drive through the polystyrene blocks they come through the windows.
I have nearly the same rig except my CPU is an i9 and RAM is not as large. Try to dim down some of the gee-whiz gfx and see how it does as I have been playing every night for weeks without issues. I run most of my GFX on high, not ultra, and am happy with the way my machine has performed. I get about 60-90 FPS most of the time.

Unfortunately the heli cam sucks in this compared to AMS & the F1 games. Overall I find the replay system quite underwhelming.

I hope it gets improved, after other more important aspects are solved of course.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 88 30.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 63 21.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.2%