Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.6.4 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have today deployed a new hotfix update for the Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation, moving the game to build 1.6.4 release status.
  • Small hotfix addresses various minor issues.
  • Car tweaks to Ferrari and Porsche.
  • Minor gameplay improvements.

Everyone enjoys new build time, even if it is only a relatively minor hotfix release, and we at RaceDepartment are no exception to this rule - so enjoy.

Honestly I'm just padding here, not really got much to add to the change notes, so ICYMI enjoy the 1.6 update build review video above, and catch up on what's new below... enjoy :D

ACC Middle.jpg

Hotfix Update Notes:

PHYSICS:

• Ferrari 488 GT3 (non-Evo) corrected erroneous engine assignment in Paul Ricard 2020 BOP.
  • Fixed wrong wet tyre assignment for Porsche 991 GT3 R (2018) in 2020 BOP.
  • Improved automatic setup calculation accuracy.
  • Fixed occasional setup saving inconsistency with sloped spawn points.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Fixed a duplicated championship entry in the 2018 season.
UI:
  • Corrected season group of Zolder in the 2020 track selection menu.
  • Minor correction in the CycleCamera binding in the controls menu.

Original Source: ACC Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I had a really strange thing happen today.
ACC has always been really smooth for me...regardless of GPU.
Last evening I decided to swap out the GTX770 stand-in card for a brand new 6GB PNY GTX1060 XLR8 stand-in card.
The new card started artifacting right at Windows boot up with the newest Nvidia driver...457.51.
I tried a few older drivers and nothing helped.
I couldn't even start ACC as it'd immediately crash with an unreal error notification.
Knowing the card to be a factory OC version, I downloaded Afterburner to see if dropping the core and memory clocks to default would fix the artifacting. It did not.
I restored the original GTX770 and ACC started but ran choppy...a first.
Figuring there was no need to keep Afterburner and the accompanying server software, I removed both and did a restart.
ACC started and ran 'glass' smooth as it usually does.
If you have hitching and stutters in ACC, take a look to see if removing Afterburner has the same effect.

Nothing was changed on the Honda, you might have had setups that were affected by the fixes included in the hotfix, but nothing has been done to the car itself since the original 1.6 release.
That's entirely possible. So rather than it being a fix for the Honda NSX Evo, it was a fix to the physics which made the NSX in particular more stable. To avoid confusion, I gave up on the Honda during the 1.5.x series of releases. I have only gone back to the 1.6.x branch recently. I could not tell you how it performed on 1.6.(0/1/2/3).

Last edited:
Unfortunately she's still unplayable for due to the big stutters every 5 seconds or so. Tried every trick on the forums, lowered settings to potato mode etc etc. She used to work fine, now she's firmly in the uninstalled pile. :(
That could also be due to the Unreal Engine. Sometimes the partial updates via Steam lead to that behaviour. I had a similar issue a few updates ago, a complete clean reinstall solved it for me. I admit, it is a bit annoying, but unless you have hardware issues or some (new) software interferes with ACC I would say it should be possible to get it running smooth again, if it has before.

You do know that DLSS is proprietary, right ? What about people who use AMD ? Or upcoming Intel GPU's?
Well, same story for Cyberpunk 2077 for example. Obviously for this title they try to make it work also for AMD, since it is a flagship game.

If anything you have to blame AMD for not delivering a ready to implement system.
Why should Nvidia users not get DLSS which is available?

Not that personally I'm really waiting for that....or that I think it will come to ACC soon ... if at all.
I think the priority on that should be really low at Kunos.
It was Nvidia that showcased the feature in the first place, not Kunos.

Unfortunately she's still unplayable for due to the big stutters every 5 seconds or so. Tried every trick on the forums, lowered settings to potato mode etc etc. She used to work fine, now she's firmly in the uninstalled pile. :(

Is it maybe a disk issue? HDD or SSD cluttered or too many broken sectors? Have you check your SMART values?

Sorry to say, but something is wrong with your system, and the possibilities causing this are endless. And no, just because it doesn't come up with other games means it's an error of ACC.

So, first steps to investigate is, any error messages in your Windows Eventlog, especially coming from drivers, memory or cpu. Try to disable Windows Game mode, in some cases it makes things worse then better. If you're using wlan, try the Microsoft supplied driver or vice versa. Disconnect any USB device you don't need for ACC. Some can do nasty things, took me a while to find out my cheap china USB handbrake, which works absolutely flawless in DR2, messes in a bad way with ACC (and some other games). And I really have to physically unplug this thing, just disabling it on the USB Hub does not do the trick. Pretty sure I've missed about several hundred additional possibilities. Oh, I've had another one about two years ago, a realtek sound driver that did cost me about 10FPS at the first ACC release. Only after an update which fixed the issue I realised how much performance that cost me, and it was not limited to ACC.

I think it is the way ue4 loads but I tend to get some micro stutters on my first out lap on every track as the game keeps loading the cars and the tracks which I think which puts extra load on the hard drive / ssd. After the first lap it is pretty smooth for me. So maybe try driving couple of laps to see if the stutters go away? Alternatively try turning anything off that uses the hard drive, like replay recording.

Probably more than 50% in sim racing communities.
You're deranged. That number would be too high even inside the dev team. :D

The percentage of RTX-compatible 20series+ GPUs among all ACC customers is probably single digit, possibly single % even. But just like enthusiasts of other new and niche tech, their community presence is significant and their keyboards are working overtime.

Last edited:
But isn't this in for like ages already?
I remember starting a Championship some time ago and I had to go custom to use the McLaren 720S GT3. I could select which sessions I want, how long they would be, etc.

If you're looking for custom grids, this is indeed not implemented. You cannot select which cars /liveries will compete in your championship.

Very bare, I can't even call it a custom championship.

I want to select what car and tracks I want to drive, modify AI difficult for each one, since it isn't very well balanced, the time for race and time of the day for each track, at least...

Very bare, I can't even call it a custom championship.

I want to select what car and tracks I want to drive, modify AI difficult for each one, since it isn't very well balanced, the time for race and time of the day for each track, at least...
At least the time of day is selectable for each session. The day will always be the one from the real championship though.

AC2-Win64-Shipping 2020-12-05 20-45-17.png

You're deranged. That number would be too high even inside the dev team. :D

The percentage of RTX-compatible 20series+ GPUs among all ACC customers is probably single digit, possibly single % even. But just like enthusiasts of other new and niche tech, their community presence is significant and their keyboards are working overtime.
Wrong. The Steam hardware survey shows around 12% RTX users amongst all Steam users, and you have to keep in mind that the average Steam user is piss poor compared to the average sim racer, especially considering the high hardware requirements of ACC. Go ahead and do a survey on your own forums.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

RTX is the least adopted GPU in NVidia history due to extremely poor performance/price value. Pascal is still pretty much dominant in the market.
And why so rude, btw, bad day?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong. The Steam hardware survey shows around 12% RTX users amongst all Steam users, and you have to keep in mind that the average Steam user is piss poor compared to the average sim racer, especially considering the high hardware requirements of ACC. Go ahead and do a survey on your own forums.
I have a feeling a developer has a bit more information than us. Furthermore, what you see here or r/simracing does not represent the whole community, it is quite skewed towards high-end stuff. Not everyone has rigs and high-end gear and top tier PCs in simracing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back