Assetto Corsa Competizione: Build 1.06 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Update 1.06 Torcano.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released a new update for Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Working at a solid pace in order to address some of the more prominent issues that have occurred with Assetto Corsa Competizione since the simulation first hit V1 release status back at the end of May, Kunos Simulazioni have once again deployed the update magic - releasing build 1.06 to Steam a few short hours ago.

Full update notes from the new build can be seen below.

Build 1.06 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Fixed a potential crash when resuming career and championship.
  • Added first implementation of blue flags during qualifications.
  • Tweaked MP highlights to avoid unnecessary out-of-track highlights.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Sprint Race driver assignment now matches real-life rules. (Drivers are designated to Q1, Q2, R1, and R2 based on license).
UI:
  • Added chat window on Multiplayer menu screens.
  • Fixed a bug where the player could remain stuck in the podium animation sequence when using VR.
  • Fixed wrong default tyre set when opening MFD pitstop page without going to setup before the session.
  • Fixed MFD not updating in non-interactive phases.
  • Removed engine repair option from MFD.
  • Relocated "lock to horizon" setting from video settings to view/camera settings page.
  • Now possible to save driver profile with a blank nickname.
  • All setup strategies start from 0 litres of fuel instead of 2.
  • MFD now correctly shows 0 fuel to add from pit strategy.
  • Player now receives alert of pitlane speeding in real time, not at the end of the pitlane.
  • Disabled an obsolete PP effect that resulted in heavy GPU load in the user interface with ultra-high resolutions.
  • Pit window message now includes a timer with time left until it closes.
AUDIO:
  • Reworked audio bank loading logic.
  • Reworked pitlane audio listener priority.
  • Improved exterior and blow-off valve sounds for Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Volume level minor tweaks
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
  • Server admins can assign a free formation lap (without limiter) via /manual start during the wait time.
  • Private servers can set up a full formation lap via "shortFormationLap": 0 in the settings.json.
  • "Setup" cannot be selected as Spectator.
  • Fixed Pit MFD page not always visible in driver swap scenarios.
  • Improved timing accuracy in driver swap scenarios.
  • Session overtime will now be skipped in more clever ways.
  • Fixed HUD disappearing under certain circumstances.
PHYSICS:
  • Fixed Mercedes-AMG GT3 excessive fuel consumption.
  • Fixed setup UI showing excessive blistering and graining values.
  • Fixed aggressive setup selection for Porsche GT3 at Nurburgring.
  • Fixed Mercedes GT3 brands hatch aggressive setup TC, ABS and ECU values.
  • Bentley 2018 ECU is not zero-based (starts from 1).
  • Porsche 991 GT3 R ECU maps between wet and aggressive setup corrected (now inverted).
Screenshot Credit: Torcano
Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I've been on the fence with this one.

I have rfactor 2 with all GT car packs, do I really need ACC as well?
I suppose it will be on what you want out of your Sims...speaking personally and my opinion only, rF2 has great FFB / Physics, VR, Graphics are getting there with rain as well, etc….ACC has all those, but for me it's the Rain racing in ACC that gives it the extra appeal, a point of difference, it's just magical....so if racing in the rain is not a priority then possibly not....but get ACC anyway...LOL...the more variety the better, of course only my opinion:D

Last edited:
I don't eant to dig out the link, but on official forum Kunos kinda honted that after fixing major crashes, their next big priority with 06/07 update will be savegames and also pit animations.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ACCompetizione/comments/caijz3/a_comment_on_roadmaps_from_the_dev/

"Our 1st priority is to make the game stable and improve performance when possible. This will make the game more enjoyable to everybody, obviously also to VR and triple screen users. The first hotfixes were focused on that and it will be an ongoing work for at least the whole 2019"

I reckon the fidelity of this sim is next level except the ai,best gt3 sim ever but the ai drive like mr magoo.

I have the rf2 gt3 packs as well.

RF2 is like a mixed bag of lollies,some sublime cars and tracks mixed with some mediocre ones but the physics are fantastic and ffb,I love the Indys at Nola with rf2.

I've been on the fence with this one.

I have rfactor 2 with all GT car packs, do I really need ACC as well?

Better wait for sale and let them fix the issues. Although rF2 is not perfect either with bugs and horrible UI. Major plus of rF2 is mod tracks, and subjectively better feeling of the car. Somehow FFB and cockpit camera shake in ACC feels artificial.

In a year or even more ACC will be the standard, but right now it's just not ready.

I had no doubts Kunos was going to keep improving the sim. But (yeah) ... What about the "Career"? When can we expect proper, engaging Career (without the need of quotes) and mentioned story elements?

From the recent Kunos' blog:
"The career mode allows the player to follow a storyline...".

I would like to see something like current F1 games have, but at the same time, I don't think it is something Kunos is after.

Poor AI would be an issue, I like single-player because my experiences of racing on public multiplayer isn't great (dirty racing).
Personally poor AI is very subjective and personal and I, like you have mentioned, have had mixed results in multiplayer / on line racing which is why I personally prefer AI by dialing in the AI to my strengths and if there is a bad start, hit the 'Restart' key...LOL....so yes AI can be annoying, but at least I do not have to put up with the emotional baggage from their real world Humans counterparts:roflmao::roflmao: :D.
ACC AI is good enough for me so I am not complaining...only my 2 cents

Last edited:
Strange things happened yesterday. Started an AI race on Paul Ricard and lost power on the mistral straight. Restarted, same again. Restarted game and race, again!
All other input works, just accellerator is dead.
Also sometimes the display on the Audi R8 went blank.

Anyone can confirm or is this just me? Cheers

Strange things happened yesterday. Started an AI race on Paul Ricard and lost power on the mistral straight. Restarted, same again. Restarted game and race, again!
All other input works, just accellerator is dead.
Also sometimes the display on the Audi R8 went blank.

Anyone can confirm or is this just me? Cheers

Engine die? Happened to me exiting the pits earlier today, was driving out with the pit limiter on then engine stopped, fired it back up manually and off I went, think it’s a bug introduced in 1.06

Personally poor AI is very subjective and personal and I, like you have mentioned, have had mixed results in multiplayer / on line racing which is why I personally prefer AI by dialing in the AI to my strengths and if there is a bad start, hit the 'Restart' key...LOL....so yes AI can be annoying, but at least I do not have to put up with the emotional baggage from their real world Humans counterparts:roflmao::roflmao: :D.
ACC AI is good enough for me so I am not complaining...only my 2 cents

Totally agree. I love to dial in the AI to the point where I’m battling back and forth, where it takes me i.e. 6 laps of Nordschleife to go from P10 to podium :D

Good AI is a valuable tool, and I hope future tech like neural networks and machine learning will help to make AI act more 'human' so we can have instant and endless fun with realistic battles on track. I’m looking forward to the future of sim racing!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.