Assetto Corsa: 2014 F1 and GP2 mod previews

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
F1ASR F1 2014 04.jpg

Assetto Corsa already comes with a brilliant Formula 1 style car, as a step upgrade to the Lotus Exos T125 customer car, but that doesn't stop the hardcore racing fans from demanding a more up-to-date 2014 version of the pinnacle of openwheeler racing and F1ASR is delivering on that cry from the community.

F1SR modding team, that used to create state of the art mods for rFactor has transformed into F1ASR and with the help of new dedicated enthusiasts aiming to bring to sim racing the best free scratch build community content available.

Besides content for rFactor 2 the team is now also recreating the F1 2014 season complete with all in house 3D designed cars, audio, textures and physics. All content is solely created from the ground up by a team of around 30 artists and modders that have come forward from the sim racing community.

Besides the current F1 season the team has adopted another big challenge in bringing the popular GP2 series to Assetto Corsa as well with a lot of care for miniature details as the mod will come with 13 teams and 26 individual liveries as each driver in the team has a different sponsor package.

Alpha footage of the Ferrari F14T at Imola, work-in-progress

Alpha footage of the GP2 Dallara at Suzuka, work-in-progress

F1ASR F1 2014 01.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 02.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 03.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 05.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 06.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 07.jpg F1ASR GP2 2014 01.jpg F1ASR GP2 2014 02.jpg

Assetto Corsa now on sale at the RaceDepartment Store
Grab this PC racing simulator by the horns as we have discounted Assetto Corsa which saves you five Euros compared to the regular Steam price.

Assetto Corsa now sales for an amazing low price of only EUR 29,99 and you can purchase your copy directly from the RaceDepartment Store here.

Community, Mods and More!
For more information on Assetto Corsa make sure to check out the forums, share your favorite videos and photos in the media gallery, download the latest available mods from the resource manager and of course join us online for daily racing action in the racing club.

It's the first time I don't like the way Kunos guys choose. We still don't have properly done multiplayer to make some leagues. But Kunos decided to release a modding tools so amount of useless content will start to grow up... All we need as for today - pretty descent multiplayer with more options than setup and qiut and one or two more tracks. So many cars are already waiting for some good fun battles on track...
I swear at times it's darned if they do, darned if they don't. People have been demanding modding tools since the first update. They can't do everything for everyone every two weeks.

Last edited:
I think the F1 WIP Ferrari is still too noisy compared to the F1 on TV :p
That is not our audio I borrowed that off NeverKrash , we can not make the F1 2014 audio yet as we need to do all the physics on the car first before even starting the audio , but we have a very nice audio bank collect at our disposal , like our GP2 audio that sounds awesome now ingame , as the cars basic physics are the same as the T125 10k revs and six gears ,
the T125 standard is 10k and the S1 18k our F1 season is 15k , so we will have to wait , but have been working on the extra noises that we need and sounds insane so far :)

Does Assetto support 8 gears?
yes it should do , we have 8 gears in rFactor2 I think its just a case of adding the extra RTO Files for the gears in the ACD files , like rFactor 2 has the settings within 1 .ini file , AC has each gear in its own file within the data files , so should in theory just add the extra RTO into them , without any issues ,
But we need the official tools to look at it better :)

@chargingcar WooW, What an amazing team and an amazing guy !!! Huuuge Thanks for what you guys are doing !!! You should be very proud ! Keep up the good work :inlove:33!
I just make the textures for most of the projects and saw through the entire GP2 build , as lead texture artist and now will be starting the F1 project from this week ,
but F1 ASR is a big team of artists , who all contribute in the same way ,
the two seasons are coming along very nice , and we can not wait to share them with you guys once finished ,
The main reason why I personally joined F1 ASR is because I drive the GP2 car and back then 4 F1 Cars in rFactor 2 and was totally blown away by the physics the best experience I think I ever had driving a racing game ,
But for us like Stuart said who runs F1 ASR , Assetto Corsa ,
His where all the cream his!!! :D

The main reason why I personally joined F1 ASR is because I drive the GP2 car and back then 4 F1 Cars in rFactor 2 and was totally blown away by the physics the best experience I think I ever had driving a racing game ,
But for us like Stuart said who runs F1 ASR , Assetto Corsa ,
His where all the cream his!!! :D

Any of you gents into Indy Racing? A MOD for that would be awesome!!!!!

Reactions: CC
It's the first time I don't like the way Kunos guys choose. We still don't have properly done multiplayer to make some leagues. But Kunos decided to release a modding tools so amount of useless content will start to grow up... All we need as for today - pretty descent multiplayer with more options than setup and qiut and one or two more tracks. So many cars are already waiting for some good fun battles on track...
To be fair, they only released the track import/export tool because the amount of terrible conversions was creating a bad image of the game. Now at least modders have easy access to shaders and some other stuff.

...So now F1 2014 mod is great?
Where are the comments saying:
"....f12014 mod?? are you insane?? where should they get the car data to create such thing???..."
Geez...some people around here make me sick!!!

anyway...I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS MOD:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back