Assetto Corsa: 2014 F1 and GP2 mod previews

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
F1ASR F1 2014 04.jpg

Assetto Corsa already comes with a brilliant Formula 1 style car, as a step upgrade to the Lotus Exos T125 customer car, but that doesn't stop the hardcore racing fans from demanding a more up-to-date 2014 version of the pinnacle of openwheeler racing and F1ASR is delivering on that cry from the community.

F1SR modding team, that used to create state of the art mods for rFactor has transformed into F1ASR and with the help of new dedicated enthusiasts aiming to bring to sim racing the best free scratch build community content available.

Besides content for rFactor 2 the team is now also recreating the F1 2014 season complete with all in house 3D designed cars, audio, textures and physics. All content is solely created from the ground up by a team of around 30 artists and modders that have come forward from the sim racing community.

Besides the current F1 season the team has adopted another big challenge in bringing the popular GP2 series to Assetto Corsa as well with a lot of care for miniature details as the mod will come with 13 teams and 26 individual liveries as each driver in the team has a different sponsor package.

Alpha footage of the Ferrari F14T at Imola, work-in-progress

Alpha footage of the GP2 Dallara at Suzuka, work-in-progress

F1ASR F1 2014 01.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 02.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 03.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 05.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 06.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 07.jpg F1ASR GP2 2014 01.jpg F1ASR GP2 2014 02.jpg

Assetto Corsa now on sale at the RaceDepartment Store
Grab this PC racing simulator by the horns as we have discounted Assetto Corsa which saves you five Euros compared to the regular Steam price.

Assetto Corsa now sales for an amazing low price of only EUR 29,99 and you can purchase your copy directly from the RaceDepartment Store here.

Community, Mods and More!
For more information on Assetto Corsa make sure to check out the forums, share your favorite videos and photos in the media gallery, download the latest available mods from the resource manager and of course join us online for daily racing action in the racing club.

@chargingcar All of your work are all Ichiban!
Its a massive team at F1 ASR and everything is created between us I am the lead texture artist so control the final quality of everything texture related and what everyone creates before going into the games ,
I like things perfect so everything hopefully should turn out pretty nice but its took 5 of us 2 months to do the GP2 liveries and all the maps and textures / audio and the models updating and changing ,
So now we are just waiting for the tools to be released to get the physics done before release ,
listen to the GP2 audio its insane :D
Listen from 10.20 the replay , its pure motivation for me :)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

edit: host obviously doesn't like hotlinking to images

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CC
Depends, if you are only interested to always win then yes.

Had my most great races in F1 2010 with the crappy HRT. Hardly touched any of the other cars.
I play Codemaster F1 2013 driving Marussia and has no problem make it into at least Q2 even the very first race so i never touch all those top team either and never will, thats too easy.
But in reality Marussia or Caterham is just so many seconds too slow compare to those top team & will never win no matter what .. so i really wonder who interested to race with these 2 teams.
You see Codemaster's F1 MP actually all cars = equal so that doesnt really matter what car you choose but i guess all this car will not be equal in AC for realism reason so that will be a big different to race with Marussia or Caterham.
Basically they just there to fill the grid.

Last edited:
Reactions: CC
@LazyBug we had this discussion already some time ago.

I race sims as they simulate reality. If that means that Marussia is 5 seconds off the pace and I don't finish higher than 19th then so bit it.

Finishing 19th in a Marussia can gives me more satisfaction than racing with a Mercedes for the obvious P1 or P2.

So no they aren't filling up the grid, they are on the exact place they take in real life as well.

Very good work from you, chargingcar, and your team F1ASR. I appreciate the attitude of doing things right and of quality before quantity.
A few questions:
  1. Is the difference in performance in the cars of the F1 and GP2 series from different manufacturers/teams going to be as realistic as possible?
  2. Are you going to be updating the performance of the cars in the mod as the 2014 season progresses and the iRL performance change as well?
  3. Will a DRS mechanic be featured on he F1 cars?
  4. Will the MGU-K unit (automatic KERS in 2014 engines) be represented in the F1 cars? Will they have very high torque at low revs?
  5. Are you going to use your own tyre model or the one of Assetto Corsa?
  6. What about the licensing process? Did you have to seek permission from the FIA to do the GP2 and F1 cars with the correct sponsors?
Cheers and wish you and the team all the best.

@LazyBug we had this discussion already some time ago.

I race sims as they simulate reality. If that means that Marussia is 5 seconds off the pace and I don't finish higher than 19th then so bit it.

Finishing 19th in a Marussia can gives me more satisfaction than racing with a Mercedes for the obvious P1 or P2.

So no they aren't filling up the grid, they are on the exact place they take in real life as well.
The lower classed cars like the Marussia I think will be better to drive ingame more hands on anyway , would be great to finish 18th 19th in a lower class car , but I still think I would race the W05 if I got the opportunity in a league race not sure , will be nice to test them all before release for sure , the F1 ASR physics guys are awesome :)

Very good work from you, chargingcar, and your team F1ASR. I appreciate the attitude of doing things right and of quality before quantity.
A few questions:
  1. Is the difference in performance in the cars of the F1 and GP2 series from different manufacturers/teams going to be as realistic as possible?
  2. Are you going to be updating the performance of the cars in the mod as the 2014 season progresses and the iRL performance change as well?
  3. Will a DRS mechanic be featured on he F1 cars?
  4. Will the MGU-K unit (automatic KERS in 2014 engines) be represented in the F1 cars? Will they have very high torque at low revs?
  5. Are you going to use your own tyre model or the one of Assetto Corsa?
  6. What about the licensing process? Did you have to seek permission from the FIA to do the GP2 and F1 cars with the correct sponsors?
Cheers and wish you and the team all the best.
Hi AC Are currently developing the Mclaren P1 car ,
so after release of that car then we can add the DRS and ERS systems to the F1 ASR F1 Season ,
Discussing it with Stuart who runs F1 ASR , we think that the season will be a live season and updates will be made has they happen in real life hopefully ,
We want to use our own tire model but we want to see what the tools offer us in making the changes that we require but the tire model is pretty good from Kunos we will have to see what happens over the next few months ,
Regarding permission as long as the mod is a free mod and zero charge to the user then I can see no issues with that ,
has rfactor and rfactor 2 have been releasing branded series cars ect for years , and no one has never bothered them about anything , simply due to it been a free download ,
But if anything we can just change the season to F1 ASR 2014 season instead of just F1 2014 , ect and the same with the names of the teams but you only would need to do these things if you was charging for the content I believe ,
The seasons will be has accurate as we can make them ,
All the cars physics will be from the 2014 seasons down to the gearbox settings power , downforce , grip levels ect , and we aim to stop at nothing until we and the community are happy with what we are creating , but still quite a bit of work on the F1 as of yet , we have 8 models completed but all are getting updated as we speak ))
After everything is structured properly this year ,
the F1 and GP2 seasons for 2015 will start at the very begining of the championship , and both will be Live Season with car updates , liveries model changes and physics all the way through the year hopefully

The lower classed cars like the Marussia I think will be better to drive ingame more hands on anyway , would be great to finish 18th 19th in a lower class car , but I still think I would race the W05 if I got the opportunity in a league race not sure , will be nice to test them all before release for sure , the F1 ASR physics guys are awesome :)
I dont know. I feel like the one who going to choose Marussia or Caterham to race with other like Mercedes or Redbull in MP are just too brave or too stupid.
One lap already at least 2s slower, man how to race like that ?? :whistling:

It's the first time I don't like the way Kunos guys choose. We still don't have properly done multiplayer to make some leagues. But Kunos decided to release a modding tools so amount of useless content will start to grow up... All we need as for today - pretty descent multiplayer with more options than setup and qiut and one or two more tracks. So many cars are already waiting for some good fun battles on track...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.4%