Are you using a mat underneath your Motion Rig?

Hi all,

I was wondering if and what type of surface is used underneath motion rigs? I'm going to expand my P1-X rig with PT-actuators (including surge and TL) and I wonder if it would make sense to add a layer of protection and insulation underneath. Looking at the videos from Barry, that thing is a beast. I now have the time to plan, once everything is set up I doubt that I want to squeeze a mat underneath it.

My questions are who is running a motion rig and are you using any form of isolation? What's the main purpose?

I have PT actuators on four corners of my simlab rig.

i don’t have anything under the feet except the alloy machined cups that came with the kit but I’m pondering reinforcing the setup by a MDf board with carpet as I’m conscious the rig weighs a fair amount now.

A lot of users also use mats for some element of noise reduction but I doubt very much how effective this is - these rigs are heavy and a lot of mass moving around.

My aim is to reduce the load on the floors at the points of pressure - I don't have TL or Surge so my rig sits on four points only.

There's a great whatsapp PT-A group where you can ask endless questions to folks all over the world... find the join link on the PT-A site or you can talk to Bob at Race at Home, who has some in stock I think !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a Gym mat and I’m very happy with it
C9395880-734E-4837-A45F-FADA3BB89219.jpeg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back