Archived modding threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Alpa tzz65 but I can't find a sound mod that works with this new build. Does anyone have a sound mod or can anyone make it? It is a awesome car Iv'e been wanting to drive it for months now.

I have been doing a bit of moding in Dirt on some liveries and all goes good except the front and rear glass seems to go missing.
The rear glass panels where the names are are fine just the others. Has any one else had this issue and may have a solution to fix it.

Hey all...long-time lurker, first-time poster. I hope bigfoothunter doesn't take offense on my piggybacking his post, but I wonder too about this. Specifically, for our league, (SUPRS.net), is it possible to convert the mods we did for NASCAR Heat, (I know, I know, wicked old school), to rfactor?

We got so far behind the curve, we've kind of been left in the dust. Our modder has moved on to other things so we are left further behind in developing new stuff. My thought is that maybe it's possible with minor working knowledge, to take what we have and convert it.

PS-bigfoothunter, it sure seems like I read somewhere that the nr2003-rfactor conversions will work, especially with tracks. I think I saw something at US Pits about this. And...if you're looking for projects...we've got a lot that we need help with lol

Hi

the last couple of weeks I'm trying to learn another 3d software package. Since creating racetracks is something I've doing a couple of times (Eifel Track & Autobahnfahrt for Rfactor, Trackmaker plugin for Maya) (and it's fun), I again gave it a shot to learn the basics of Houdini.
The video below shows the first results. It's a collection of nodes where the user can switch between different landscapes, tracks, curbstones etcetera and/or tweak the existing ones without braking the endresult.

(note : the video is only to show functionality, not graphical beauty)

i'm not sure when this will be released, probably beyond this year in 2016.

Cheers,
Bjorn

Attachments

• roadsGrassFences2.jpg
    roadsGrassFences2.jpg
    648.4 KB · Views: 218
Hello everyone

In my day job, I am currently developing designs for a large junction improvement, using whats called a hamburger roundabout. These arent exactly common, and looking at the designs over the last few days has given us a few concerns.

I dont know much about modelling tracks within games, but im wondering whether there is scope for someone to create a 'track' that consists of the designed roundabout along with its approaches in each direction and all of the road assets (signs, lines, barriers, etc.), that could then be driven in a simulation (be it Assetto Corsa, rFactor, etc.). I dont imagine that this would be too difficult for someone with a bit of experience.

LiDAR point cloud data is available for the existing road, along with a 2D outline layout of the junction; im not sure if 3D designs of the roundabout would be available yet, though this could be guesstimated.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Steve

Forgive my ignorance but is it normal for the AI to perform worse or lets say different on modded tracks than the standard tracks? I have a few modded tracks in rF2 and A/C and never really thought about the difference in AI behavior until this weekend after installing Mosport. The AI kept crashing, race after race, in almost every car that I tried. I had never experienced that before in rFractor2 so I tried another modded tracks, Croft, and had similar results. I also noticed strange physics, like cars rolling over after hitting a curb at very low speeds in both sims. Some of the tracks I've installed look and feel great but it doesn't appear like the AI was taken into the same consideration. Or is it just me?

Is there any possibility of someone modding tyre wear for this game. when doing 100% race, even though you can feel the wear, there is no sign of it on the tyres....

@Bela Valko Thanks for responding, it was just a general question. I've since learned that the AI will perform differently on modded tracks. I'm new to mods so I didn't know there might be a difference.

@Bela Valko Thanks for responding, it was just a general question. I've since learned that the AI will perform differently on modded tracks. I'm new to mods so I didn't know there might be a difference.

The AI shouldn't crash with every car in every race on any of the tracks, I haven't experienced anything like that on Mosport (or on other mod tracks) and neither the others, they should have told me earlier if that's the case. That's why I told you to make a video otherwise I can't fix it.

I'll try to make a vid when I have some time. At Mosport, the AI seemed to have trouble with t5 and 6. At some point during my races, they would either pile up at t5 or one would spin out on the exit of t6 which would cause a pile up. At Road America, I had cars that literally drove into walls, when they weren't in a choo choo line.... One car stopped in the middle of the track at t11 and the car that hit him, went up in the air then was swallowed by the ground. I was like, wow, this track comes with sinkholes. :) Those are just examples. I've experienced oddities at LucaRing and Paul Ricard in A/C too.
Not a big deal, it wasn't enough to upset me. I realize that most mods are works in progress and I tip my hat to modders. Just thought it was interesting. Like I said, I'm still learning about this stuff.

Forgive my ignorance but is it normal for the AI to perform worse or lets say different on modded tracks than the standard tracks? I have a few modded tracks in rF2 and A/C and never really thought about the difference in AI behavior until this weekend after installing Mosport. The AI kept crashing, race after race, in almost every car that I tried. I had never experienced that before in rFractor2 so I tried another modded tracks, Croft, and had similar results. I also noticed strange physics, like cars rolling over after hitting a curb at very low speeds in both sims. Some of the tracks I've installed look and feel great but it doesn't appear like the AI was taken into the same consideration. Or is it just me?

THOSE ARE BOTCHED UP TRACKS, THE ANTI GRAVITY IS PROBABLY NOT OFF, THE SCALING IS OBVIOUSLY OFF AMONG S MANY OTHER THINGS THAT THE TRACK CONTROLS. WHO EVER MADE THE TRACKS, IS AN IDIOT SO DELETE THEM..

YOU HAVE TO MATCH THE DATABASES AND THE HARDCODE FILE, SO HTE GAME WILL EVEN KNOW THERE IS A TRACK IN THE 1ST PLACE, THEN EACH GAME IS DESIGN ON ITS UNIQUE GAME ENGINE, USING THE STEPS THE DEV SET UP, SO YOU WOULD HAVE TO GET THE ORIGINAL GAMES ENGINE ARCHITECTURE , SO YOU COULD INJECT NEW TRACKS,., THEY DONT GIVE THOSE OUT, SO THEY CAN SELL YOU THEIR TRACKS..
FOR EXAMPLE F1 2014 AND GRID SAME ENGINE UNITY 3 GAMES STRUCTURE ALMOST IDENTICAL, BUT YOU CANT SWAP TRACKS..
F1 2015 AND GRID AUTO SPORTS "UNITY 5" SAME THING, YES YOU CAN SWAP A FENCE OR MEANINGLESS THINGS LIKE THAT, BUT NOT THE COURSE, UNLESS YOU HAVE THE BLUE PRINT BASICALLY

TRY THIS, BEST AI IN ANY GAME, AND PROBABLY WILL STAY THAT WAY FOR YEARS TO COME..
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, NOT AS EASY AS YOU THINK TO MAKE AI BETTER, ALGORYTHM AI FILES IS ONLY 10 TO 20% OF THE BATTLE, THE AI IS EFFEECTED FROM STARTING WITH THE AI FILE, ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE SHADE OF THE CAR COLOR AND SHADE OF GRASS. IT TOOK MORE THE 13 MONTHS OF 20 HOURS A WEEK TO GET THE AI TO WHERE IT IS TODAY, IN THE LINK ABOVE, AND THIS AI WAS COPIED BY CODE MASTERS LAST YEAR, AND IS BEING USED IN F1 2015, BUT ONLY 15% OF IT WAS INJECTED PROPERLY.. TRY T GUARANTEED YOU WILL NEVER PLAY ASSETO OR WHAST EVER YOU PLAY AGAIN

SURE YOU CAN... JUST STICK THEM INTO AN EXISTING TRACK FOLDER, SO THE DATABASE DONT NEED TO BE CHANGE, FIND A TRACK SIMILAR SIZE, THEN EMTY OUT THE FOLDER AND STICK IT IN, OR YOU CAN DO IT THE HARDWAY AND AD THE TRACK INTO THE DATABE T

Hey guys,
I've created a personal helmet for F1 2014 and saved it as .dds. Then I wanted to import it with the PSSG editor, but all I got is this:

Ingame, on some parts it looks 'normal' but not really good.
What can I do? And why it is so blurred?

WRONG SIZE, JUST RE SAVE IT A COPLE OF NUMBERS SMALLER. FOR EXAMPLE IF ITS 2513 BY 1500 SAVE IT AS 2512 OR 2511 2510 UNTILL IT UPLOADS INTO PSSG NORMALY, THAT HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes