ARCA Sim Racing

ARCA is second only to LFS for broken promises. But it is still a good sim and I bet that if they gave it to Reiza for a bit of fine tuning the result would probably be the best oval sim ever. alas, that's never going to happen.

OK, well am I glad i came here lol.

Was literally just on their website considering buying it when i thought id watch some Youtube videos of it. Only to find more or less NO recent videos. Its obviously a dying product :(

Lets hope when ISI release their implementation of Oval racing with the rules all done that it can fill this void. Because I am not willing to pay iRacings charges to do some Oval :(

ARCA is second only to LFS for broken promises. But it is still a good sim and I bet that if they gave it to Reiza for a bit of fine tuning the result would probably be the best oval sim ever. alas, that's never going to happen.

ISI's stockcars for rf2 are excellent better then any others IMO. However ARCA is quite good.

NR2003 is ages better.
you are correct about that.......found a unopened copy at a friends house....he's brother had bought 4 copies years before and he forgot about them......lucky me......he gave it to me for free.....14 year old game ....with a few mods added its now one the best stock car games that i have ever played!! love it.....
..;-)

OK, well am I glad i came here lol.

Was literally just on their website considering buying it when i thought id watch some Youtube videos of it. Only to find more or less NO recent videos. Its obviously a dying product :(

Lets hope when ISI release their implementation of Oval racing with the rules all done that it can fill this void. Because I am not willing to pay iRacings charges to do some Oval :(

It's free actually, so give it a try... The physics and tire models are meh, not to mention the tracks are extremely lackluster compared to iRacing... Oh and the models are very wrong.

http://arcasimracingx.com/docs/install.php

The community split into two entities which are running that originated from ARCA Sim Racing:

1) There's ASRX which is a public mod anyone can download and join. They really have not progressed past circa 2012 in terms of their visual content so you have things like really outdated car models and tracks.

2) There's the American Stock Car mod which is private and people can request access for the download. They have the current and high resolution Cup bodies and styles (new Toyota, Fusion, high quality Chevy SS), updated and correct track configurations (for example they have a banked Kansas, repaved Pocono, etc.), plus a Super Late Model mod that the other one does not feature.

Both have evolved into completely different mods and they share few to no similarities at this stage.

They broke the AI in ASRX for online purposes so that it won't bring in the loaded skins to not interfere with downloading paints from online racers. I fixed it and have been trying to work with the AI. I'm having trouble remembering exactly what I did to fix it, but i know that was the basic principle.

Here's a video. 8 is the only human driver.

I just went in and deleted all the default gray cars in the the vehicle files. the arca files. leaving only the vehicle files with skins. fired up a race and still only had gray and black ai cars. only cars in the arca files are the ones with skins. ???

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.