rF2 Apex Modding FIA GT3 @ Poznan - Wed 18th June 2014

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
76067_1459824223550_3891038_n.jpg

I saw that baby live in action:) was even allowed to take a seat to see it from the inside!
So for me please Number 114 Manthey Racing Porsche ;)

Well done Matt on the win.
I had 1/2 hr and did a lap in the SLS which felt very good on default settings.
Then tried the 911 which was awful. Rear that was glued to the road and fronts with NO GRIP. Its worse understeer than the Exxon Valdez.
I like a challenge and like the 911s normally so
Maxed rear springs and shocks.
Mins on front
even increased rear tyre pressure to try to get the rear to pivot.
(No diff lock in this mod lowering power side might have helped)
By then it was time for quali and as Damon and Ricardo other were in the 911 decided to race the 911s.

The technique required was to throw the nose in when on trailing throttle to wildly promote off-throttle oversteer and then idle around till you saw your exit line the accelerate at which point the car would push wide crazily. Not much fun. Still after a bump (my fault) into T2 lap 1 saw me 4 sec behind I caught and battled with the other tanker drivers for 3rd overall and 1st "in class".

The Blancpain version is far superior (not the GTE which is a little like the above but not as bad).

Thanks to Damon for setting it all up. It was an experiment after all as regards the 911 and if we didn't try we wouldn't know.

If you have read between the lines to see that I'm not liking this particular 911 you are very astute.

However we had a good race and some nice battles. I learnt stuff.
Glad I was there.

Thanks for yesterday guys. It was, as David has rightly said, very much an experiment given that not only was this the updated version of the mod (released only last week), but also the FIA GT3 mod (or even the standalone SLS AMG GT3 mod for that matter) haven't been used much for club races. And at the moment, especially regards the Porsche, this is for good reason. The car was almost impossible to drive - you spent most of your time trying to build up speed along straights, and then coasting around corners. A hint of throttle whilst your wheel was turned and you would simply continue to travel in a straight line, destroying the tires in the process. I'm not sure that the track helped either, with its deceptively slow corners (it looked like you could go much faster through some of them). But oh well, I had fun, and I hope that you guys did too for what it was worth. :thumbsup: As I said last night Matt, I hope that I didn't block you too much when defending; I noticed that you were being incredibly patient, but there were occasions when you closed the gap, and I moved over quite late to close the door and attempt to retain the racing line. The SLS really closed the gap quickly going into some of the corners. You pushed me incredibly hard, so much so that once you had overtaken me my tires were already down to ~70% and I was struggling for grip. As a result David caught up with me very quickly, and it wasn't long before he overtook and drove off into the distance. Sorry for leaving you out there on your own at the end David - it's a shame that we couldn't have more of a battle.

Next week's event, I think we'll try another experiment with some different cars, if your guys are up for it. Who knows, we might find a gem of a mod. :D

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back