Anyone using TrackIR with Race 07/GTR Evo?

• Jon Marjanen

Yes they do or atleast there is a setting for that in the plr file.

Anyone here have TrackIR 5 already? I'm currently using 3 with vector expansion and I'm thinking of upgrading. TrackIR is so awesome but very subtle in racing games. You don't really notice it at all until you try driving without it and it's horrible lol. I'd never race without my TrackIR.

Good question and can I add a bit if you don't mind...

Apart from ordering it from accoss the pond (USA) does anyone know of a reliable online store located in the UK that sells 5? Skysim only sells V4...

Yes they do or atleast there is a setting for that in the plr file.

Anyone here have TrackIR 5 already? I'm currently using 3 with vector expansion and I'm thinking of upgrading. TrackIR is so awesome but very subtle in racing games. You don't really notice it at all until you try driving without it and it's horrible lol. I'd never race without my TrackIR.

I tried my FreeTrack with GTR Evo today and it was interesting. I agree with most of the comments from the regular users in this thread.

It makes hitting apexes easier once you adjust to it.
I need to turn off the axis that moves the screen angle when I tilt my head sideways in a corner.
I can actually see out the side of my car with it.
It makes 'cockpit' view worth using - I normally drive hood view because I can't look around but with the Tracker I can.
I must assign a wheel button to 'Centre TrackIR'!!

I'm sure the 'official' TrackIR is better in some way, and I know it integrates with some games easier than my free one (ArmA2 for instance), but I didn't have over 100UKP spare at the time :)

Connor its the sensitivity of the different axeses that you need to change - been a while since I used it - the deadzones make a big improvement too - you can change it and make it emulate the in-game head movements more accurately - but with 6 Axis to set it all up for it can get a bit frustrating!

At the moment I am back to cockpit view with look to apex on and am finding it ok....just, but I struggle with knowing how close other cars are so I might have to dig out my crazy home made cap clip and have a go with Freetrack again, I might even solder the wires! (currently have 4 connector blocks taped to my hat and holding IR LED's in place on a wire frame - Very bodgy, but works!) It might look odd, might not be up to Track IR standard, but then it cost less than £20 and thats including the camera!

Has anyone else noticed that if you look all the way right or left in cockpit the cockpit ends where the doors end. The cars don't appear to be rendered past this point and its like driving just the front half of the car, lol!

I've been using TIR in Evo since day one.

It's so I can barely look to the sides, tracking is at level 5 for yaw and it's straight across the board. Level 5 is pretty low on the TIR scale. The movement of my eyes and head is just enough to cover apexes and view tnormal thru tight corners. I have pitch set up so I can look up quickly to see the labels of those in front of me, people are very important! Just enough down to see an LCD display on the dash but sometimes it's still hidden, there's just not that much down movement in my profile.

Open wheel cars are so different to drive when you can change your view. In general, the toughest thing to do is to look over to the HUD and catch a glimpse of the amount of fuel remaining!

I love it! The times I'm in the game without it, I just can't drive.

Good question and can I add a bit if you don't mind...

Apart from ordering it from accoss the pond (USA) does anyone know of a reliable online store located in the UK that sells 5? Skysim only sells V4...
I think I bought it with the Trackclip Pro from this site a while ago. Went fine, they phones me immediately when they had trouble processing my card (just magically worked after fixing nothing :p don't ask), it arrived shortly after in perfect condition, and it's worked great so far.

Has anyone else noticed that if you look all the way right or left in cockpit the cockpit ends where the doors end. The cars don't appear to be rendered past this point and its like driving just the front half of the car, lol!

I noticed that yesterday when I turned my head a bit further to see where the AI driver was in a corner - weird :chicken:

I've just re-come across this thread, and it brings back some memories of concerns i had.
Non that bore any fruit though, because after i got my Track IR 5 with the Pro Clip, sim racing had never been the same. Its just a shame the pro clip is so bloody fragile.

As for your question Steve, I use triple 22" Benq G2222HDL's with the Track IR and its even better.
If you haven't bought more screens or the TIR yet and are thinking its just an expense, do have a look at the YouTube videos, they worked for in helping decide.

I've used TrackIR in flight sims for quite some time. I couldn't fly without it.
I was pleasantly suprised when I bought Race07 yesterday is was supported.

If you're on the fence about it, get down from it and grab one.
All the sensitivities can be adjusted. And you can turn off any axes you don't want to use, such as Roll.

There are some nice free alternatives to TrackIR which are worth checking out: such as FacetracknoIR http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm and FreeTrack http://www.free-track.net/english/ .

TrackIR is great, and it just works, straight out of the box.

interesting topic as I'm thinking of buying it as well

-are first person games like skyrim supported as well?
-and is TIR usefull in such games?
I heared it works well in flight and racesims but a friend told me
he was not fond of it in FPS

Not wanting to change the subject too much but couldnt find a post on it on the forum....
Does anybody have a good working setup for FacetracknoIR 1.7 in Race07 maybe even an .ini file they could upload?
Been trying it out and it works pretty good but it's way to sensitive as it is now and changing this isnt as easy as I thought it would be so any help would be appreciated

Well, I'm back into my sim-racing again and once again considering throwing money at a real TrackIr 5.0 but I still don't know if it's any better than a Freetrack. I'm going to dig my old Freetrack out this afternoon and see how I can get it set up with my new racing rig.

Also, does anyone know whether FaceTrackNoIr is working properly yet? Every time I tried that one in the past it was pretty useless. I'm guessing it needs a certain lighting setup and background, like playing Kinect games on a 360. :p

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back