Anyone still using TrackIR in 2016?

Hi guys,

I am wondering if anyone is still using TrackIR, as its been out for awhile. I have been looking into getting TrackIR 5 but it seems that most people recommend it for flight sims however some people use it for racing sims. Is it worth getting? Please let me know if you have any experience with it. I just got triple 27 inch monitors as well.

Upvote 0
I don't have access to my wheel currently, so I'm playing a bit of ETS 2, as that's playable with just a controller, but that game would massively benefit from my EDTracker (which I confess I haven't used yet, though picked it up ages ago, just been too busy to get it setup) - could someone point me in the right direction to get this setup for ETS 2? Thanks!

When I can use my wheel again, I'd also like to give it a go in R3E and Automobilista...

Upvote 0
I really like my Track IR 5. I have tried most of the other cheaper options and while very good they don't hold a candle to Track IR.

Upvote 0
I have hit a snag with setting up my DIY EDTracker, I've tried to install the Arduino drivers(top link here: http://edtracker.org.uk/index.php/downloads/category/7-drivers), but there doesn't seem to be 64-bit drivers for Intel, only for AMD. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on an Intel CPU. Does anyone know where I might be able to find compatible 64 bit intel Arduino drivers? Thanks

Are, it seems the "AMD64" driver works, even on Intel, now to configure things in the EDTracker GUI and OpenTrack - any tips?

Upvote 0
I use TrackIR version 5 on an ultrawide single screen and am delighted with it. Works out of the box with Automobilista, Assetto C, P CARS, Dirt Rally, R3E, rF2, ETS2 and ATS among others. The only one sofar that does not work is Wreck Fest. I tried Edtracker but got tired of the amount of work to get it all working. TrackIR is expensive but a breeze to set up.

Upvote 0
@Steve Bird nice Trackir video! I noticed you have the "head tilt" function enabled for trackir. A lot of trackir users who race (including myself) tend to disable this feature because it causes us to constantly hit the "centre" button far too often every lap. Are you doing anything different? Please share, as I would love to use tilt as well. Currently only using "up/down" "left/right" axis. Or maybe pm me your AMS trackir profile?

Upvote 0
@Steve Bird nice Trackir video! I noticed you have the "head tilt" function enabled for trackir. A lot of trackir users who race (including myself) tend to disable this feature because it causes us to constantly hit the "centre" button far too often every lap. Are you doing anything different? Please share, as I would love to use tilt as well. Currently only using "up/down" "left/right" axis. Or maybe pm me your AMS trackir profile?
Solo, I haven't done anything special and don't find the need to reset all the time. I think it may be my distance from the camera that makes the difference as I sit approx 2.5 ft away from my tiple 27 inch monitors. Are you quite close?

Upvote 0
For anyone who hates track clip as much as I did, check out the UTC MKII.
It's wireless and works so much better than the overpriced, poorly made Track Clip thing. It has breathed new life into my Track IR 4.

IMG_0250.jpg

(not my photo)

I don't know if there is a web page for it, but if you search for UTC Mk II SimHQ you will find the contact info. (It's on another forum (non-sim racing) so I don't know the rules about linking there.

Upvote 0
Solo, I haven't done anything special and don't find the need to reset all the time. I think it may be my distance from the camera that makes the difference as I sit approx 2.5 ft away from my tiple 27 inch monitors. Are you quite close?

Yea I'm close. About an inch or 2 below 3 ft. Today I enabled the "roll" on trackir with AMS. I made sure my track clip pro was in perfect range. And I can say it works well without hitting the centre button. I think when I first tried trackir with roll enabled, my track clip pro wasn't in good range.

Upvote 0
Yea I'm close. About an inch or 2 below 3 ft. Today I enabled the "roll" on trackir with AMS. I made sure my track clip pro was in perfect range. And I can say it works well without hitting the centre button. I think when I first tried trackir with roll enabled, my track clip pro wasn't in good range.
Good to see you got it sorted out :) I still thinks its brilliant.

Upvote 0
I'm using Trackir5 with Automobilista, Raceroom, and Asseto Corsa on a 4k LG 50" TV and I LOVE it. Due to Wheel Stand Pro footprint and my TV shelf I sit about 48" from screen. I won't race without.

Upvote 0
For anyone who hates track clip as much as I did, check out the UTC MKII.
It's wireless and works so much better than the overpriced, poorly made Track Clip thing. It has breathed new life into my Track IR 4.

IMG_0250.jpg

(not my photo)

I don't know if there is a web page for it, but if you search for UTC Mk II SimHQ you will find the contact info. (It's on another forum (non-sim racing) so I don't know the rules about linking there.

This looks great! My track clip pro is however working perfectly fine! But this version is wireless! Less wires is always better. Thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back