Any experiences or information about this small retro-style steering wheel?

Elaphe

500RPM
Aug 26, 2016
I own a momo Montecarlo 320, finished in leather. Now I would like to add another steering wheel to my collection, something smaller, for the old F1s from the 60s and for small cars such as the Caterhams. I was considering a momo Mod 26, but it's really expensive and comes undrilled. Also the leather version is only available in 26 cm, which may be too small (I would prefer 28 cm). I have found out this one which is 27 cm, finished in leather, completelly round (without any grip section for a more retro style), so it really looks what I need. Do you think it will be a good purchase for its price?

Chrhun

100RPM
Premium
Feb 25, 2019
That wheel is also sold as Fanatec and Motamec, I think it's good for the price, a friend of mine has one.

Elaphe

500RPM
Aug 26, 2016
That wheel is also sold as Fanatec and Motamec, I think it's good for the price, a friend of mine has one.
Yes, I have just found out that it's the same model sold by Motamec. Do you know if the grip is round or oval? Is it made with genuine leather?

JimLee

50RPM
Premium
Nov 3, 2015
Fanatec 270mm - Round (slightly oval actually) - Black Leather

Wish it came in Red Leather

Elaphe

500RPM
Aug 26, 2016
I think I will stick with my Montecarlo for now. After watching some vintage on-board videos of the Lotus Type 49 and the Ferrari 312/67, I would say their steering wheels are not as small as I thought. They look like 30 or 32 cm.

Chrhun

100RPM
Premium
Feb 25, 2019
Yes, I have just found out that it's the same model sold by Motamec. Do you know if the grip is round or oval? Is it made with genuine leather?
I think there was a bit of shape on the rim, the maybe oval. I've also considered one for mainly Skippy in iRacing, but ended up with a modern Fanatec Formula rim. It's the right size, and in VR that works well too. With a formula car I don't change the grip the same way as with a rally car - therefore the shape of the rim doesn't really affect the immersion I get.