Any experiences or information about this small retro-style steering wheel?

I own a momo Montecarlo 320, finished in leather. Now I would like to add another steering wheel to my collection, something smaller, for the old F1s from the 60s and for small cars such as the Caterhams. I was considering a momo Mod 26, but it's really expensive and comes undrilled. Also the leather version is only available in 26 cm, which may be too small (I would prefer 28 cm). I have found out this one which is 27 cm, finished in leather, completelly round (without any grip section for a more retro style), so it really looks what I need. Do you think it will be a good purchase for its price?
race-steering-wheel-270mm-black-leather-001.jpg

I think I will stick with my Montecarlo for now. After watching some vintage on-board videos of the Lotus Type 49 and the Ferrari 312/67, I would say their steering wheels are not as small as I thought. They look like 30 or 32 cm.

Upvote 0
Yes, I have just found out that it's the same model sold by Motamec. Do you know if the grip is round or oval? Is it made with genuine leather?

I think there was a bit of shape on the rim, the maybe oval. I've also considered one for mainly Skippy in iRacing, but ended up with a modern Fanatec Formula rim. It's the right size, and in VR that works well too. With a formula car I don't change the grip the same way as with a rally car - therefore the shape of the rim doesn't really affect the immersion I get.

Upvote 0
op, updates...?

did you get it ? hows the experience?
Negative. I finally sold my Montecarlo and installed just one fixed rim to my rig: a Sparco Champion, which is a 33 cm dished rim. Unlike the Montecarlo, the section of this rim is only slightly oval (actually it feels more like a round section). Also, both the exterior and the interior are completelly rounded, so, together with the 6,5 cm dish, it's great for drifting too. It's really a joy to use.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing