Announcer Bot

Apps Announcer Bot V2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello, I am trying to change the voice in AnnouncerBot to the SAPI5 version of Microsoft Sam that is installed on my PC. I tried changing the "Voicecmd" from "Microsoft David Desktop" to "Microsoft Sam" (Which is the name of the voice when installed), and it didn't work. I also tried Microsoft Mark Mobile and that didn't work either. I also tried removing -n "Microsoft David Desktop" from the "Voicecmd" resulting in no voice at all just like my previous attempts.

Under normal circumstances, the app does work if I don't change "Voicecmd" and it does work when I...

Is there any way I can use a voice to something that isn't listed in AnnouncerBot.ini (like Microsoft Sam listed above)?
There are two ways that voices get installed, so you have to run the voice.exe -l to see if the one you want is listed.

Edit - take it back I can't remembed for sure

I fhave found one Spanish voice installed. The problem now is my Steam folder is not in C:

The patch is voicecmd = D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\assettocorsa\\apps\\python\\AnnouncerBot\\voice.exe -n "Microsoft Helena Desktop" TEXTTOSPEECH

But with that it doesnt work....

I fhave found one Spanish voice installed. The problem now is my Steam folder is not in C:

The patch is voicecmd = D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\assettocorsa\\apps\\python\\AnnouncerBot\\voice.exe -n "Microsoft Helena Desktop" TEXTTOSPEECH

But with that it doesnt work....
Windows unfortunately has TTS voices in two places, so voices that show up in windows are not always available to the voice.exe

Hi @Esotic this is great work. But times move on and tech gets ahead. Can you PLEASE consider integrating with OpenAI / Chat GPT. Some simracing games are already doing this. I believe it is not that difficult to generate simracing commentary with OpenAI/ChatGPT and then generate text lines that would be spoken by voice synthesizer? :)

OpenAI already knows TONS about racetracks throughout the world. Please consider this, it would up your app 1000% :)

1679502653236.png

:whistling:
I just asked OpenAI how to integrate with it... :) THIS IS REALLY EASY for someone that knows scripting.... man this could be revolutionary!
Not quite so simple, the limitatons are for one the API and shared memory etc. of Assetto Corsa and what useful data you can parse via the api. Also what data or events you want to see, and how and what you expect the AI to do, or say. Also Asetto Corsa is an old game from 2014, and locked to python 3.3. So some things have to be done outside of that enviroment.

Open AI isn't always correct how some of the api calls are implemented, i.e it just doesn't work that way. However you never know whats just round the corner ;)

Got ya. I have done a share of powershell and pythin scripting myself, yet I am not an expert. Far from being a programmer/developer... and I know how conceptually things work. AC is limited to Python, so in worst case this should be an external app, like Crew Chief... dealing with telemetry and acting as a middleman. But wait... let's just ask OpenAI, SHALL WE???? :D

AnnouncerBot already handles a lot of events such as contacts with cars and environment, lap times, pit entries, pit exits, yyda yaday...and they're already mostly being converted to text that's spoken out by voice synthesizer.... so not really a problem to relay that data to OpenAI which is already TRAINED for sim racing commentary

Well annoucerbot is open source, if you think you can do better then have at it and show us how its done. Should be simple enough if the AI will do it all for you. I look forward to seeing the results..

Oh man I really would... but I am not an expert here :) I am just someone who is horrassing experts with something that I believe are great ideas lol.... @Esotic is our guy, and let's hope he will find the interest and time for this, with our support as a community, like I suggested we should do this via Patreon. :)

And we also have a great consultant on this project - and that's, guess who.... YES! OpenAI! From my brief interaction with it, it seems to be most knowledgeable about - itself. So it can really meaningfully answer questions, provide advice, methodology even chunks of code, python code, that can help developers integrate their product.

In my mind, every person that would use this OpenAI Announcer Bot should request OpenAI API access on their own, and hardcode their access token in the app before use. The basic framework of Announcer Bot is already there, text generation is there, what will change is just - source of generated text and development of the OpenAI API interface.....

"JUST".... :)

@Esotic it would be awesome to hear your thoughts on this. Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back