Animated track objects: another wizardry by x4fab and his Custom Shaders

Ghoults

1000RPM
Mar 30, 2009
Suddenly I want to model a wind turbine! Looks insane! I wonder if moving track marshalls are in the cards? Since keyframe animations are included so maybe some looping animations could be possible some day?

Mascot

Card-carrying mod whore
Jul 13, 2014
Isn't this video still 'unlisted' so not meant for general public release yet? I posted it briefly by mistake on GTP a week or two ago after seeing it on FB but quickly deleted it when it was pointed out to me that it was still unlisted.

Content does look amazing though. A whole world of new possibilities: smoky camp fires at the Nordschliefe... animated wind turbines... TV choppers patrolling the skies... vehicles (or people) moving around the edges of tracks... trains going over viaducts... marshals waving flags...
Can't wait to see what people come up with.

guidofoc

500RPM
Premium
Jan 2, 2015
Isn't this video still 'unlisted' so not meant for general public release yet? ...
I don't know, the thing is these features are already available in the latest release, 0.1.36, so they are not a secret I guess.

Dave Thayer

100RPM
Premium
Mar 31, 2018
I dont know if it is a private feature or not, but saw this same video over on the SIMTRAXX discord group. Interesting feature, wonder what the modders will come up with on this feature. As Mascot mentions, this will add more real life action to the tracks, but what will happen to the Frame rates doing it.

Dave_6

500RPM
Premium
Jul 23, 2015
I noticed in the comments that Marco from Kunos asked Ilja to check his email. Wonder what that could be about.

Last edited:

Ben Lee

500RPM
Jan 17, 2011
I noticed in the comments that Marco from Kunos asked Ilja to check his email. Wonder what that could be about.
Probably a job offer. As great as AC modding has been a lot of the best talent has been snapped up by KS. Great for them and great for KS, but maybe not so great for the community.

Reactions: Dave_6 and Mascot